inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hey anyone remember these filmclips?

Written By: TeenFrom92 on 06/15/05 at 8:22 pm

Hey anyone remember the filmclips to Three Little Pigs by Green Jelly & Don't Call Me Dude by Scatterbrain. Both really wacky filmclips that i remember from the early 90s & i noticed absolutely no mention of them on here. Those clips really stick out in my mind for some reason. Don't Call Me Dude by Scatterbrain was way back from 1990 so i'm guessing about 99% of you probably won't remember, great song though download it if you get the chance. It came off the album Here Comes Trouble & the song is easy to get but i've had no luck in obtaining the filmclip because most likely noone has it & therefor noone is sharing it on the net. I was born in 1978 so i was already in highschool in 1991(no such thing as junior high in Australia) so i remember the 90s very clearly & am particuly fond of the early 90s from 1990 to 1995

Subject: Re: Hey anyone remember these filmclips?

Written By: mrgazpacho on 06/16/05 at 8:59 am

I don't remember much of the video for Don't Call Me Dude (I remember the bad "going insane" acting LOL :D ) although I watched it all the time on Rage and even put the song on a mix tape :)

Never did like the vocal stylising on Three Little Pigs, though.

Written By: TeenFrom92 on 06/16/05 at 10:11 am

LOL yeah i remember the the wackiness & the bad insane acting LOL especially at that bit "i said goodbye to all my crazy friends, i was smiling as i left that place, my life, my life had been renewed" & he's skipping around & sniffing flowers LOL. Scatterbrain were actually quite talented musicians despite the fact they never took themselves or their music very seriously. So you saw it on rage? Another fellow Aussie hehe. I've actually never seen it on Rage, i actually saw it sadly on Video Hits in the morning waaaay back in 1990. Geez i feel downright geriatric considering i was almost already 13 at the time. Yeah as for the Three Little Pigs song it wasn't really good or anything, i just have fond memories of it because it was always on in the mornings & on Rage when i was 16 & i'll never forget the song or the filmclip. I'm almost 28 now. Ahhhh those were the days though, i miss them. Time just flew by.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/16/05 at 2:31 pm

The video for Three Little Pigs, by Green Jelly is weird, but considering one of their songs is called "Cereal Killer" that might say alot.  ::)

Another weird video is "Wyonna's Big Brown Beaver" by Primus.  ;D

Written By: TeenFrom92 on 06/16/05 at 2:58 pm

Yeah but that's more towards the late 90s. I remember the clip though. Saw Primus live about 3 times during the late 90s(or was it onlly twice, hmmm). This was a while before South Park came along.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 06/18/05 at 10:45 am

Another similar sonag and similarly amusing video is Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies.

It contains one of the funniest exchanges ever in music:

"Mom, can I have a Pepsi?"
"No! You're On Drugs!"

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...