inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst Movies of the 90's

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/03/05 at 5:49 pm

Sometimes, these movies come on cable, and my  little sister watches these: A little Princess (1995), and The Secret Garden (1993). what are some of your worst movies?

Subject: Re: Worst Movies of the 90's

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 07/03/05 at 8:32 pm

"Spice World" come to mind...  ::)  :P

Written By: eightieschick53 on 07/04/05 at 11:32 am

The worst movie of the '90's would have to be Police Academy 7: Mission to Moscow... I mean come on! The rest of the series was great aside from this one, which sucked and bit the big one royally, lol  ;D  My favorite of the series was number 5, which most people think was worst then this one though, so maybe I shouldn't talk, hehehehe.  :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/04/05 at 12:46 pm

"Spice World" come to mind...   ::)  :P

I think I am gonna hurl.....  ::)  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/04/05 at 12:47 pm

Speaking of hurling....

The Blair Witch Project...  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/05 at 1:35 pm

"Spice World" come to mind...   ::)  :P
Agreed!

Written By: Harmonica on 07/04/05 at 3:06 pm

Speaking of hurling....

The Blair Witch Project...  ::)

One of the worst movies of the 90's, definitely. Worst horror movie of all time, I don't know, but it sure is close.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/04/05 at 4:04 pm

Speed 2: God.... This Movie Sucks!  ::)

Written By: Harmonica on 07/04/05 at 8:28 pm

Speed 2: God.... This Movie Sucks!  ::)

I always get a kick out of making a sequel with the NON- main character in the second one but not the main character.

I'm trying to think, but I can't think of a movie where this happens.

But other 90's movies that suck are the Bloodsport sequels.  Bloodsport was such a great movie, then have the people haven't a clue that there are 3 or 4 more sequels, NOT with Van Dam, and yes they suck!

Written By: Powerslave on 07/04/05 at 9:31 pm

I always get a kick out of making a sequel with the NON- main character in the second one but not the main character.

Predator 2 didn't have any of the original characters.

Written By: 90s boy on 07/05/05 at 11:53 pm

to word's 1995's Showgirls ;D

Written By: iluvthe80s on 07/06/05 at 7:20 am

Last Action Hero

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/06/05 at 9:28 pm

Striptease.....  ::)

Written By: Doc Brown on 07/09/05 at 11:02 pm

The most incorrectly titled movie of the 90's, As_Good_As_It_Gets.
I make no secret that I hate Nicholson, but no character of his ever disgusted me more than Melvin!
And as long as I'm at it, let's not forget to burn every copy of Mars Attacks in sight, in order to save the reputations of Pierce Brosnan, Natalie Portman, Martin Short... sorry, bad example there.
And on that note, Independence Day should be banned(or burned!). How could anyone make a movie showing the White House & Empire State Building being incinerated, just one year after the Oklahoma City bombing? Inexcusably bad taste if I ever saw it!

Moving right along...
Cops & Robbersons
Back In The Habit(some sequels should never be made!)
Payback
In & Out
The Story Of Us
Dumb & Dumber
The Cable Guy(In the case of bad guys, Jim Carrey should stick to the Riddler!)
Lost In New York.
Junior
And possibly the worst ever, Private Parts!

I'm certain I'll think of more later!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 07/10/05 at 7:14 am

Sometimes, these movies come on cable, and my  little sister watches these: A little Princess (1995), and The Secret Garden (1993). what are some of your worst movies?

Mine has to be "Four Weddings & A Funeral". It just wasn't funny. Which weirdo's would find that film funny? I don't.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/05 at 7:24 am

Mine has to be "Four Weddings & A Funeral". It just wasn't funny. Which weirdo's would find that film funny? I don't.
Four Weddings and A Funeral was on Channel 5 the other week and the whole family sat round on watched it and enjoyed every minute of it.

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 07/10/05 at 8:58 am

Four Weddings and A Funeral was on Channel 5 the other week and the whole family sat round on watched it and enjoyed every minute of it.

That means they are sad. The film was a total waste of time and money. Their was nothing funny about it.

BTW, you will find that "FWAAF" was on on Channel 4. Not Channel 5.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/05 at 9:25 am

That means they are sad. The film was a total waste of time and money. Their was nothing funny about it.

BTW, you will find that "FWAAF" was on on Channel 4. Not Channel 5.
Kareoke Queen, how do you know it was Channel 4 not Channel 5 when you claim to live in the USA?

Can I remind you:

Decades / The 2000's / Re: Worst Bands/Artists Of The 21st Century  on: April 24, 2005, 10:35:55 AM 
Quote from: chaka on April 24, 2005, 10:32:42 AM
No,they weren't that big but the Germans loved them
I'm from London and you?

I was originally from Florida, but now live in California. I do have family living in Bedfordshire. They will soon be moving to Peckham if you've heard of it found on http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,9491.msg409901.html#msg409901, reply # 27.

Written By: TeenFrom92 on 07/10/05 at 5:53 pm

Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Bros. & any movie based on a video game in any decade. Don't get me wrong i loved those games & the games of the 90s, they were actually 1000 times better & 1000 times more fun than the games that around now, but movies based on video games, oh please  ;D

P.S. the worst horror movie was not Blair Witch it was Resident Evil LOL, although they both sucked serious arse. The splatter fest video nasties of the 70s & 80s are hands down the best when it comes to horror, back when horror was no holds bared. The horror remakes of late have all sucked & were tame compared to the originals.

Written By: annonymouse on 07/20/05 at 1:17 pm

cast away. but i think that was made in 2000.  if so, it just missed the deadline>

Written By: nondiva234 on 07/20/05 at 2:16 pm

Worst movie for me: Spiceworld. I can't believe I watched a Spice Girl movie, and I liked it. It was horrendous now that I look back on it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/20/05 at 2:20 pm

Worst movie for me: Spiceworld. I can't believe I watched a Spice Girl movie, and I liked it. It was horrendous now that I look back on it.
Too true, I only saw about three minutes of it.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/20/05 at 5:31 pm

The tought of that movie makes me want to  http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/puke.gif.

Check for new replies or respond here...