inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone here remember Video Jukebox Network aka THE BOX?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/04/05 at 3:15 pm

Does anyone here remember a pay-per-view(sorta)cable TV channel called 'The Box'(Video Jukebox Network)? You would order a certain music video by calling a certain number with a touch-tone telephone,punch in the number of the video you wanted....and usually within a certain time frame(depending on the number of requests before yours)your fave video that YOU ordered would come on...The videos available were not all that good....The only one I ever ordered was The Cult's 'Sweet Soul Sister'...

Subject: Re: Does anyone here remember Video Jukebox Network aka THE BOX?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/04/05 at 3:50 pm

Does anyone here remember a pay-per-view(sorta)cable TV channel called 'The Box'(Video Jukebox Network)? You would order a certain music video by calling a certain number with a touch-tone telephone,punch in the number of the video you wanted....and usually within a certain time frame(depending on the number of requests before yours)your fave video that YOU ordered would come on...The videos available were not all that good....The only one I ever ordered was The Cult's 'Sweet Soul Sister'...
I have the Box on my cable tv now!

Written By: Apricot on 07/05/05 at 11:49 am

I remember that... didn't watch it, though.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/05 at 5:51 pm

I used to watch The Box.Back then it was on Channel 68 at the time.Probably about 15-20 years ago.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/06/05 at 9:50 pm

Yeah I remember it. I watched it back in 1991. Remember when Soundgarden's video 'Jesus Christ Pose' was banned from MTV? I ordered it on that channel. Costed about 2 or 3 dollars. It was the only video I ordered.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/06/05 at 9:58 pm

I did. When it was around 1989

Tanya

Written By: FaultyDog on 07/06/05 at 11:49 pm

There is a channel called The Box ("Music Television You Control") available in the Netherlands on cable TV (I have it). It's similar to what you're referring to, but it isn't around that long. Maybe since mid-90s.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/05 at 3:12 pm

I think The Video Jukebox Network started in the late 1980's-Early 1990's.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/08/05 at 3:51 pm

I think The Video Jukebox Network started in the late 1980's-Early 1990's.

It sure did! I used to look at old MC Hammer videos on it before he went mainstream.

Tanya

Check for new replies or respond here...