inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone Collect Beanie Babies?

Written By: iluvthe80s on 07/05/05 at 12:14 pm

Did anyone here ever get into the trend of collecting Beanies during the 90's?  I have a few in my collection, such as a bear for the month of my birthday with a party hat on its head, a wiener dog named Schnitzel, and a Democrat donkey I picked up last year during the presidential election (they also had an elephant one for Republican voters).  I'm not sure if they make them anymore, but I still try to look for them once in a while in toy stores.  :)

I haven't got any in my personal collection, but I remember when McDonald's was giving away Teenie Beanies in their Happy Meals and everyone just went hog wild trying to get their hands on them.  :D

Subject: Re: Anyone Collect Beanie Babies?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/05/05 at 9:14 pm

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

:-[

Me...

And I still have them!  ;D

Written By: nally on 07/07/05 at 10:38 am

As a matter of fact, we have two of them...Neon (a seahorse) and Tiny (a chihuahua dog). Both of them were "born" during the late 90's. I have a picture of them somewhere...I posted both pictures in the "Longest Survey Ever": here's the link to that message.

Modified to add the link.

Written By: Apricot on 07/07/05 at 11:28 am

I had a few, but I never really "collected", so to say.

Written By: jiminy on 07/07/05 at 7:25 pm

did you know they don't really have beans in them?  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/08/05 at 9:23 am

I love the episode on Third Rock From The Sun, where the charecter played by John Lithgow (can't type his charecter's name on the message board), gets obssessed with collecting Beanie Baby like toys, and is trying to get the one really hard to find toy, the other aliens try to get him to give his collection, but he refuses.  ;D

Sounds like some stories I have heard about obsessive Beanie Baby collectors, not that I am one.  ;D

Written By: bj26 on 07/08/05 at 10:47 am

Did anyone here ever get into the trend of collecting Beanies during the 90's?  I have a few in my collection, such as a bear for the month of my birthday with a party hat on its head, a wiener dog named Schnitzel, and a Democrat donkey I picked up last year during the presidential election (they also had an elephant one for Republican voters).  I'm not sure if they make them anymore, but I still try to look for them once in a while in toy stores.   :)

I haven't got any in my personal collection, but I remember when McDonald's was giving away Teenie Beanies in their Happy Meals and everyone just went hog wild trying to get their hands on them.  :D
Yes, my kids collected these and I paid some pretty hefty prices for them; and Pokemon cards, I think I paid $35.00 for a Charizard a few years ago to complete our collection :o

Written By: Apricot on 07/08/05 at 8:33 pm

KFC Gave out 4 Pokemon ones with their food.. they didn't really have good-selling Kid's Meals, though, so you had to buy the Pokemon Beanie Babies at $1.99 with any purchase.

Written By: jiminy on 07/08/05 at 9:16 pm

I had a few, but I never really "collected", so to say.

Do you collect Weenie Babies?  ;D 
http://www.pacifictrades.com/home.html

Written By: Howard on 07/09/05 at 3:25 pm

Do you collect Weenie Babies?  ;D 
http://www.pacifictrades.com/home.html

http://www.pacifictrades.com/images/lgcheeky.jpg

I hope I don't get into any trouble by showing this? ;D

Written By: jiminy on 07/09/05 at 3:43 pm

http://www.pacifictrades.com/images/lgcheeky.jpg

I hope I don't get into any trouble by showing this? ;D

just blame me   ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/09/05 at 3:55 pm

just blame me   ;D

I blame you :P

Check for new replies or respond here...