inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "It's...Pat".....male or female?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/05 at 7:05 am

Have you guys ever seen the movie, "It's...Pat"?  It's about a person, in which nobody knows if it is a male or female the ENTIRE movie!!  Pat is played by Julia Sweeney and it originated as a "Saturday Night Live" skit, before becoming a movie. So...do you think that Pat was a guy or a girl?? LOL!

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=it%27s+pat/v=2/SID=e/TID=I999_73/l=IVI/SIG=11hn6i4mg/EXP=1122033987/*-http%3A//www.tavie.com/Pat1.jpg

Erin :)

Subject: Re: "It's...Pat".....male or female?

Written By: Apricot on 07/21/05 at 10:03 am

DUDE! WEEN WAS IN THAT MOVIE!

I've never seen it though.. they just mention being in that movie on their site.

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/21/05 at 10:30 am

Have you guys ever seen the movie, "It's...Pat"?  It's about a person, in which nobody knows if it is a male or female the ENTIRE movie!!  Pat is played by Julia Sweeney and it originated as a "Saturday Night Live" skit, before becoming a movie. So...do you think that Pat was a guy or a girl?? LOL!

OH GOD! This is such a big thing in this household. Whenever we see somebody with a funny haircut, an interesting shape, or that just generally looks like a shman, it's the law, we have to shout.. 'PAT!'

What was Pat's 'boyfriend/girlfriend's' name, i forget now. Jay or something else obviously twistable.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/05 at 5:06 pm

I think Pat was either a girl(short for Patricia) OR Pat(Patrick). ;D

Written By: Harmonica on 07/21/05 at 5:07 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=it%27s+pat/v=2/SID=e/TID=I999_73/l=IVI/SIG=11hn6i4mg/EXP=1122033987/*-http%3A//www.tavie.com/Pat1.jpg

Julia Sweeny played Pat....so if we were to strip off pat's clothes..

Written By: Howard on 07/21/05 at 5:10 pm

Maybe they could come up with a sequel (Pat 2) ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 07/21/05 at 6:51 pm

Geez, Pat was hilarious. No one will ever know, I suppose. Kinda the point, though.

~Beth

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 07/21/05 at 8:01 pm

My standard response to the "Pat" question is: If you can't tell, it doesn't matter. Either way you probably wouldn't want to sleep with "Pat." ;D

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/21/05 at 10:16 pm

That movie is absolutely hilarious!  :D I always thought they should've done a sequel where Pat's friends force 'IT" to go to a nude beach, and the movie is about the crazy stuff that goes on during the trip to the nude beach.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/05 at 11:49 pm

OH GOD! This is such a big thing in this household. Whenever we see somebody with a funny haircut, an interesting shape, or that just generally looks like a shman, it's the law, we have to shout.. 'PAT!'

What was Pat's 'boyfriend/girlfriend's' name, i forget now. Jay or something else obviously twistable.

Pat's girl/boy friend's name was Chris!! LOL!

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/21/05 at 11:52 pm

Pat's girl/boy friend's name was Chris!! LOL!

Chris-Kris, never did say did they.

Yes i appreciate the real life irony.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/05 at 11:53 pm

Chris-Kris, never did say did they.

Yes i appreciate the real life irony.

I totally was digging Chris' hairdo! I like the part where Pat was "peeing" but it turned out to be him/her dumping orange juice in the toilet! Too funny! ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/21/05 at 11:54 pm

I totally was digging Chris' hairdo! I like the part where Pat was "peeing" but it turned out to be him/her dumping orange juice in the toilet! Too funny! ;D

;D

Do you remember Pat's strip poker game?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/05 at 11:56 pm

;D

Do you remember Pat's strip poker game?

OMG...yes, I do kinda remember that....that movie was a classic!!!

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/21/05 at 11:57 pm

OMG...yes, I do kinda remember that....that movie was a classic!!!

I actually saw a Pat at Schnucks on Tuesday evening, i had NO! idea whatsoever if 'it' was a man or a woman.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/22/05 at 12:00 am

I actually saw a Pat at Schnucks on Tuesday evening, i had NO! idea whatsoever if 'it' was a man or a woman.

I hate when that happens!! It seems to happen to me all the time too. It puts you in a very rough spot...trying to figure out whether it is a man or woman.

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/22/05 at 12:03 am

I hate when that happens!! It seems to happen to me all the time too. It puts you in a very rough spot...trying to figure out whether it is a man or woman.

Oooohh, i'd probably get banned if i made the rough spot pun i wanted to, think carefully.

I hate when you need to speak to somebody, and they have a name like Terry/i or something like that.

I called up a store for an interview the other day, Hi can i speak to terry, who's calling, andrew rock, and what's it regarding? He said for me to call between 4-8 today regarding an interview. Well SHE! Obviously didn't. HUH!\

LOL, i had to go down there and explain.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/22/05 at 12:09 am

Oooohh, i'd probably get banned if i made the rough spot pun i wanted to, think carefully.

I hate when you need to speak to somebody, and they have a name like Terry/i or something like that.

I called up a store for an interview the other day, Hi can i speak to terry, who's calling, andrew rock, and what's it regarding? He said for me to call between 4-8 today regarding an interview. Well SHE! Obviously didn't. HUH!\

LOL, i had to go down there and explain.

that is sooo bad!! LOL!  There was this person that used to walk around town....and "it" was named, David Johnson....however...."it" totally looked more like a female...."it" carried a purse (not a messenger bag)....wore a bandana on it's head.....and wore women's clothing....."it" even appeared to have boobs....to this day...I have NO flippin idea what "it" was!!

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/22/05 at 12:11 am

that is sooo bad!! LOL!  There was this person that used to walk around town....and "it" was named, David Johnson....however...."it" totally looked more like a female...."it" carried a purse (not a messenger bag)....wore a bandana on it's head.....and wore women's clothing....."it" even appeared to have boobs....to this day...I have NO flippin idea what "it" was!!

:o Sounds like Gorm after a night out  ;D

It's left now right.. I'd have bars on the windows if i were you  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/22/05 at 12:12 am

:o Sounds like Gorm after a night out  ;D

It's left now right.. I'd have bars on the windows if i were you  ;D

everytime I was out and about...and I happened to see "shim" walking down the street...I would scream out, "OMG...there's David Johnson"

Erin  ;D

Written By: Alchoholica on 07/22/05 at 12:15 am

everytime I was out and about...and I happened to see "shim" walking down the street...I would scream out, "OMG...there's David Johnson"

They prefer to be called Schmen.

Quite the local celebrity then?

My friend Paul (who was recently nearly blown up in London) once saw a really funny looking schman, when we were about 10 years old, camping in France, anyway, he put on a trash bag, pushed his head through and ran after this poor man/woman shouting and yelling obscenities.

They were probably just Dutch, the women are as tall as the men there.  ;D

Written By: NullandVoid on 07/22/05 at 3:27 am

OH GOD! This is such a big thing in this household. Whenever we see somebody with a funny haircut, an interesting shape, or that just generally looks like a shman

a SHMAN?!! LOL!

Written By: Howard on 07/22/05 at 2:37 pm

So,will we ever find out if it's a man or a woman? ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/22/05 at 3:45 pm

Howard...chance are, no.  LOL!

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 07/23/05 at 11:27 am

No one knows? ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/23/05 at 3:30 pm

Pat's a she! ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 07/23/05 at 3:50 pm

Pat's a hermaphrodite.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/23/05 at 4:00 pm

Pat's a hermaphrodite.  ;D

She's going to have to reveal herself one way or another. ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/24/05 at 6:04 pm

She's going to have to reveal herself one way or another. ;D

you said, "she"....so you must think that Pat is a female, huh?

Written By: Howard on 07/25/05 at 5:20 pm

you said, "she"....so you must think that Pat is a female, huh?

Yes,she has a vagina  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/25/05 at 7:10 pm

Well in the real world, "Pat" is a woman since "it" is played by Julia Sweeney, but in "their" universe we'll never know.

I remember my mom rented that and we watched it in 1994. While I didn't hold it to the classic status of faves like Police Academy or BTTF, I thought it was pretty funny. That's the only time I've seen it, yet 11 years later some lines of dialogue still are familar to me.

Overall I thought Pat looked more like a guy yet talked more woman-ish. With Chris it was the opposite. I still was leaning toward Pat being a female and Chris being a guy.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 03/06/06 at 12:31 am

What was funny was that one of my friends in high school at the time was named Pat.

Check for new replies or respond here...