inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 07/30/05 at 9:46 am

That was my favorite kid's show of the 90's. Did anyone ever watch it?

Subject: Re: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Written By: CSM1986 on 07/30/05 at 9:57 am

Of Course, actually I'm pretty sure anyone who was between the age of 5-12 around 1993 probably watched "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers"

I still remember FOX running the Ads for the show before it ever debuted and me and my friends were looking forward to it so much. I remember after watching the First Episode, the Black Ranger was my favorite (I don't know why, but he just was)

And then of course I remember the episode where Tommy made his debut and Rita turned him into the Evil Green Ranger and then the Power Rangers managed to turn him back to the Good Side and join the Rangers.  Also I remember the day he became the White Ranger (Oh the memories)  :D

I stopped watching it around 1996 when it went from "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" to "Power Rangers Zeo", there were too many people leaving the show and too much of a change for me, plsu I outgrew it

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/30/05 at 9:59 am

It was ok at the beigning, now it's a bit worn out.  ::)

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 07/30/05 at 10:23 am

I always liked them as the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. When they changed into the Zeo Rangers I wasn't intrested in them then. But my favorite ranger was the pink ranger,(because I love pink).

Written By: nally on 08/05/05 at 12:08 am

Nah...didn't care for them. I was 13 when the series began; I never watched it. ::)

Written By: rich1981 on 08/05/05 at 1:38 am

I remember watching it when I was 13, but for probably just half a year. I also remember dressing up as Frankenstein's monster the same day (coincidentally) it was the episode with the enemy being Frankenstein's monster.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/05 at 2:47 pm

I remember there was a film entitled "Turbo Power Rangers".

Written By: Harmonica on 08/05/05 at 4:06 pm

I enjoyed the orginal show with the original cast.  Jason, Triny, Zach, Billy, Kimberly and of course "I yi yi" whatever his name was, Afa or alfafa or something like that.

Written By: rich1981 on 08/05/05 at 4:30 pm

I think it was an alien named Alpha 5.

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 08/05/05 at 8:39 pm

Yep. I t was called Alpha 5.

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 08/05/05 at 8:39 pm

I enjoyed the orginal show with the original cast.  Jason, Triny, Zach, Billy, Kimberly and of course "I yi yi" whatever his name was, Afa or alfafa or something like that.
I did too! Wonderful memories!

Written By: shiprunner12 on 08/05/05 at 9:24 pm

I used to watch it when I was younger.. Unfortunately my parents were a bit overprotective and thought it was too violent for my young mind, so it wasn't that often.  ::)

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/06/05 at 12:53 am

Like Shiprunner, my parents wouldn't let me watch it because it was ... Violent. Now that I watch it, I see that it wasn't worth my attention in the first place. It's SO cheesy.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/06/05 at 11:34 am

I remember it beign a bad movie...  ::)

Written By: CSM1986 on 08/06/05 at 1:01 pm

"Turbo Power Rangers" was actually the 2nd Power Rangers Movie, and it came out in 1997. The First Movie was "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" which was Released in 1995

Written By: aznbabiie1432 on 09/15/05 at 11:36 am

i used 2 watch it all the time; me & one of my friends used 2 pretend we were power ranqers;
i always had 2 be the yellow one cuz she was asian*

Written By: whistledog on 09/15/05 at 12:27 pm

I enjoyed the orginal show with the original cast. Jason, Triny, Zach, Billy, Kimberly and of course "I yi yi" whatever his name was, Afa or alfafa or something like that.

I enjoyed that too.  After the original cast members started exiting the show, I exited as a loyal viewer.  LOL  The show sort of got stupider as the years went on and the show changed titles.  I wonder if they still make it anymore?

Written By: Harmonica on 09/20/05 at 12:23 am

I enjoyed that too.  After the original cast members started exiting the show, I exited as a loyal viewer.  LOL  The show sort of got stupider as the years went on and the show changed titles.  I wonder if they still make it anymore?

I don't know, last I checked they kept adding names to the list.

Written By: Satish on 09/20/05 at 12:56 am

I was 13 when the show started, so I was somewhat old for it. I thought the show was really awful, actually!

But one thing I have to admit is I had a huge crush on the original pink ranger, Amy-Jo Johnson. She was hot!

Even now, I'd say she's still number one on my list of hottest babes(yes, I know it's pathetic).

Written By: spidey4545 on 09/20/05 at 2:35 pm

If anyone's looking to take a trip down memory lane in terms of Power Rangers, I highly recommend checking out my website Blast from the Past: A Nostalgic Look Back at Kid's TV During the 90's (www.blastfromthepasttv.com.  The direct link to the Power Rangers section is http://www.blastfromthepasttv.com/mmprindex.htm

You can download show openings, show endings, show commercials/promos, and a bunch of other special clips.  You need Winzip in order to open the video files and also you need the latest version of DivX in order to see the video clips (you will only hear the audio and see a black screen if you don't have the codec).

Finally, you can go through the main site and click on the alphabetical listing to find other shows...many of which you can download more video clips.

If you have any requests, don't hesistate to ask me...I have over 300 video clips that I haven't uploaded to the server just yet, so I may just have it.  Furthermore, I am expanding later this year but creating a sister site that will showcase solely 90's commercials.  Thus, I don't have any of those just yet, but expect to see around 400 or so on the site's launch in winter.

Hope you all enjoy.

Written By: JarethsCrystal on 09/20/05 at 3:05 pm

Boy do I remember that show.  ::) The whole thing went down hill when Trini left. lol

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 09/21/05 at 9:44 am

If anyone's looking to take a trip down memory lane in terms of Power Rangers, I highly recommend checking out my website Blast from the Past: A Nostalgic Look Back at Kid's TV During the 90's (www.blastfromthepasttv.com.  The direct link to the Power Rangers section is http://www.blastfromthepasttv.com/mmprindex.htm

You can download show openings, show endings, show commercials/promos, and a bunch of other special clips.  You need Winzip in order to open the video files and also you need the latest version of DivX in order to see the video clips (you will only hear the audio and see a black screen if you don't have the codec).

Finally, you can go through the main site and click on the alphabetical listing to find other shows...many of which you can download more video clips.

If you have any requests, don't hesistate to ask me...I have over 300 video clips that I haven't uploaded to the server just yet, so I may just have it.  Furthermore, I am expanding later this year but creating a sister site that will showcase solely 90's commercials.  Thus, I don't have any of those just yet, but expect to see around 400 or so on the site's launch in winter.

Hope you all enjoy.
Cool sites! I loved season one the best. It has my favorite memories back in fall of 1993 I was in 8th grade & I used to come home from school and watch it everyday

Written By: Classie83 on 09/21/05 at 9:41 pm

That was my favorite kid's show of the 90's. Did anyone ever watch it?

Of course! I remember the first episode was when they destroyed that pig monster thingie! I was ten when it came out. lol  But then they just starting going overboard when they had so many new characters and new types of Power Rangers every single season!  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...