inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Stone Temple Pilots CD?

Written By: Im Batman on 08/05/05 at 11:16 pm

I felt STP was the best band of the 90's, and I'm trying to turn a friend onto them.

I have tried to get this person to listen to a CD, but as of yet, all my logic has not worked on him.

So now it is up to you.

What would you say is Stone Temple Pilots best CD---AND WHY?

Thanks.

Subject: Re: Best Stone Temple Pilots CD?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 08/06/05 at 3:04 pm

STP's best album is their first, Core. Its one of the best albums of the 1990's. It was very cutting edge. It was released in the heyday of grunge. Stp took the rock torch from GNR after things fell apart. 'Sex Type Thing' is still one of the best rock songs ever recorded.

Written By: Gish on 08/10/05 at 4:46 am

Just preview some songs to him, "Pop's Love Suicide", "Vaseline", "Silvergun Superman","MeatPlow" & "Unglued" are excellent choices.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/10/05 at 12:08 pm

CORE! and some other stuff is great too...INTERSTATE LOVE SONG, LADY PICTURE SHOW...and their remake of Zeppelin's DANCING DAYS....

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/11/05 at 2:05 pm

Purple - with songs like Vaseline, Still Remains, and Big Empty - how could you not like this album?

Core was good, though. My faves were Sex Type Thing, Plush, and Where the River Goes.

Written By: tv on 08/13/05 at 5:32 pm

My favorite band of the 90's. They had great songs and Scott Weiland was one of the top frontmen in rock music from 1992-1999. I used to listen to this band while I was in my High School years.

Written By: jaypunkchick1 on 08/18/05 at 11:36 pm

"No 4"  is the best album

Check for new replies or respond here...