inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best "Creep" song?

Written By: Chrisrj on 08/08/05 at 8:09 pm

I find it funny that there are 3 songs called Creep that came out in the same time, so I thought I'd start a poll.

The choices are(with lyrics):

TLC's Creep:  "So I creep, yeah, just keep it on the downlow, said nobody is supposed to know..."
STP's Creep:  "Take time with a wounded hand, cuz I like to steal..... I'm half the man I used to be..."
Radiohead's:  "You're so f****n' special.  I wish I was special.  But I'm a creep."

I'll vote when I decide, but so far, it's a tough call  :-\\

Subject: Re: Best "Creep" song?

Written By: woops on 08/08/05 at 8:24 pm

All are good songs, though I like Radiohead's "Creep"  the most...  8)

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 08/08/05 at 9:17 pm

Radiohead is the best by a long shot.

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 08/08/05 at 11:06 pm

I love the one by Radiohead the best

Written By: nally on 08/08/05 at 11:09 pm

I find it funny that there are 3 songs called Creep that came out in the same time, so I thought I'd start a poll.

The choices are(with lyrics):

TLC's Creep:  "So I creep, yeah, just keep it on the downlow, said nobody is supposed to know..."
STP's Creep:  "Take time with a wounded hand, cuz I like to steal..... I'm half the man I used to be..."
Radiohead's:  "You're so f****n' special.  I wish I was special.  But I'm a creep."

I'll vote when I decide, but so far, it's a tough call  :-\\

The Radiohead song, when heard on the radio, goes "You're so very special"; maybe that's because it's a radio edit version. I'm torn between that one and TLC. The STP song I don't know at all.

Written By: Chrisrj on 08/09/05 at 4:07 pm

The funny thing about STP songs is that you think you do'nt know them, but when you hear the actual song, you would definitely hear it, like Interstate Love Song, Plush, etc...

Anyway, I chose TLC's version because I heard that more when I was younger so it gives me more memories I guess.  I still love all 3 of them though.

Written By: nally on 08/09/05 at 4:19 pm

The funny thing about STP songs is that you think you do'nt know them, but when you hear the actual song, you would definitely hear it, like Interstate Love Song, Plush, etc...

Anyway, I chose TLC's version because I heard that more when I was younger so it gives me more memories I guess.  I still love all 3 of them though.

The only STP songs I know well are: "Plush" and "Interstate Love Song", neither of which mention the title in their lyrics.

Check for new replies or respond here...