inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favorite Adam Sandler 90's movie?

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/03/05 at 7:24 am

I did a search and can't believe there's not an exclusive Sandler thread (well, there is now, lol). :D

Hands down, my choice would go to Happy Gilmore, for a few reasons. It was the first one of his I saw (the first of anything is usually not only your favorite, but it's what you base all their other work off of), back in '96 as a double feature with Jumanji.

Who hasn't wanted to do that in golf? I've played (grew up around it), and don't get me wrong, it's fun, but also very frustrating. Also, Happy was a very cool and identifyable character, so he was easy to like.

His slightly different kind of role, as Pip in Airheads was pretty funny too. I loved Big Daddy too - his usual brand of humor, but with a sentimentality to it in places. Don't even get me started on talking about The Wedding Singer (I'll never shut up!!), easily in 2nd place! ;)

The only one I didn't like was the Waterboy - too silly and weird, even for him, though it had its funny/entertaining moments.

Subject: Re: Favorite Adam Sandler 90's movie?

Written By: nally on 09/03/05 at 1:50 pm

I thought maybe there was one of these already, but I guess not. :-\\ Oh well... my favorite of these is "The Wedding Singer." :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/03/05 at 3:21 pm

I LOVE Adam Sandler movies! I agree with Jeff, my favorite is also, "The Wedding Singer"....but I really like, "Big Daddy" as well.

Erin :)

Written By: rich1981 on 09/04/05 at 1:23 am

I fully agree that I like Happy Gilmore the most, especially the scene with Bob Barker!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/04/05 at 1:48 pm

The Wedding Singer got my vote. Happy Gilmore was just as funny, though.

Written By: bj26 on 09/04/05 at 9:01 pm

I fully agree that I like Happy Gilmore the most, especially the scene with Bob Barker!
LMAO, I like so many of his movies but voted for HG :)

Written By: jackas on 09/04/05 at 9:39 pm

Happy Gilmore was the best.  I also liked Billy Madison a lot.  He started getting old after these.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 09/04/05 at 11:37 pm

http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/adamsandlerowned.jpg

"The price is wrong, bitch!!!"  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/06/05 at 10:41 am

I voted for The Wedding Singer, Happy Gilmore is also a good movie.

Written By: iluvthe80s on 09/07/05 at 7:25 am

The Wedding Singer!  :)

Written By: joedeertae on 09/07/05 at 7:58 am

The Wedding Singer gets my vote, but I thought they were/are all GREAT!

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/05 at 12:15 pm

Gotta be Happy Gilmore.  "The price is wrong, bitch!"

Written By: Alchoholica on 09/07/05 at 12:25 pm

WATERBOY! WATERBOY! WATERBOY!!!

It was too freakin funny!

Written By: Mushroom on 09/07/05 at 4:30 pm

The Wedding Singer, no questions.

This is the first movie of his that I really loved.  It was dead-on when it comes to theme, music, and the attitude of 1985.  The scenes with George were spot-on, and creepy as hell!

Whenever I get a chance, whenever I DJ a gig, I also have to throw on "Somebody Kill Me".  That is my ultimate theme-song for relationships.

I notice that missing is "50 First Dates".  This would be my #2 choice.

Personally, I can't stand Adam when he is playing one of his "idiot" characters.  His more realistic ones are much better I feel.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/07/05 at 6:18 pm

Well, none from the 90's but I may be the only one who finds "Mr. Deeds" his best film. I know it's probably a bit corny, but I liked it. I even own the DVD.

And what about "Punch Drunk Love?" I know, it isn't 90's - but close enough!  ;D

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/11/05 at 5:31 pm

Happy Gilmore

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 09/16/05 at 1:04 pm

The Wedding Singer

Written By: kzu on 09/16/05 at 3:24 pm

The first I saw was Billy Madison, and I laughed my ass off when I was young and saw it, so it's my choice :)

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/20/05 at 9:21 pm

8) I love Adam Sandler Period.....It started with Sat nite live....Remember the boyscout??? Sooo Funny!! and I loved the Weekend updates with his guitar solos...I love Big Daddy..." your the smelly kid??" ..." Now you dont smell like a foot anymore.." LOL...Billy Madison...I loved all the scenes with him and the kids....I bet they had a great time.....Can you imagine trying to film a scene with him???  I would lose it!!!

Written By: JarethsCrystal on 09/21/05 at 12:35 pm

I voted Wedding Singer, but my favorite Adam Sandler movie is Billy Madison.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/22/05 at 3:19 pm

8) I love Adam Sandler Period.....It started with Sat nite live....Remember the boyscout??? Sooo Funny!! and I loved the Weekend updates with his guitar solos...I love Big Daddy..." your the smelly kid??" ..." Now you dont smell like a foot anymore.." LOL...Billy Madison...I loved all the scenes with him and the kids....I bet they had a great time.....Can you imagine trying to film a scene with him??? I would lose it!!!

Same here! My favorite was the "peeing" scene.

He bailed out that kid, Ernie, from the embarrasment by doing it himself. "YEAH! 'Cause peeing in your pants is cool!"

As much of a goofball as all his characters are, he's really a nice guy underneath the exterior. I'm sure everyone who's worked with him has had fun. ;)

Written By: nally on 09/26/05 at 7:19 pm

The first I saw was Billy Madison, and I laughed my a$$ off when I was young and saw it, so it's my choice :)

I've seen that one, and liked it, but it would only be my second favorite.

Written By: Southern Image on 10/27/05 at 12:51 pm

The Wedding Singer

Check for new replies or respond here...