inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One of the best Animated Shows Ever.........DARIA

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/06/05 at 7:21 am

I JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE DARIA... THAT was the coolest show on MTV !!! I love Trent, Daria and Jane... UPCHUCK??????? What a hoot!  I think they still play eppys of the show on The N at night during the week.  I wonder why MTV ever stopped making episodes, that was RICH... ANyone on here remeber the show and love it like I do?  Let me know ;D

Subject: Re: One of the best Animated Shows Ever.........DARIA

Written By: Moosh on 09/07/05 at 3:33 am

Daria was great.  I wish MTV hadn't cancelled it so soon...I think it could have went on for another two seasons or so.

The N censors all the show too much though.  I think there are like fifteen episodes that they won't even aire.       

Wish they would release the entire Daria series on DVD soon.  Maybe they will since Beavis and Butthead sold good.       

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/07/05 at 8:58 am

Me too... I have no idea why MTV stopped airing it?  I hope they do put it out on DVD soon.  Every once in awhile, MTV2 airs eppys of Beavis and Butthead, why cant they do it to Daria???? I watch the old eppys on The N every other nite and ur right, they edit alot and I noticed they havent aired certain episodes.. I wonder if we csan write to Mtv and see if they have plans to reair the episodes or ever release a DVD?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 09/07/05 at 9:16 am

Ha....Trent was hot.

..Yes, I know he was a cartoon. Shutup.

Beth

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/07/05 at 9:18 am

Ha....Trent was hot.

..Yes, I know he was a cartoon. Shutup.

Beth
I thought Trent was cute too.. Lol, Im glad Im not alone in that!

Written By: 90s boy on 09/07/05 at 11:14 am

i loved that show from beginning to end

Written By: Bugs Bunny on 09/08/05 at 2:18 am

Eh, I wuz censored too doc...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/08/05 at 3:58 pm

Daria was okay. But, she kind of annoyed me abit with that constant dull look on her face. I don't think it was one of the best cartoons - there are better out there.

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/08/05 at 4:27 pm

Despite that my intelligence is (I hope!) about 100 times higher than them, I admit I'm a pretty big Beavis & Butthead fan. They're dumb, but in a cool way - perfect show to watch after a hard day at school/work, etc. ;)

Anyway, I never really watched the Daria spinoff - what was it generally like? Didn't Daria move away from Highland and start a life somewhere else, featuring all new characters?

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/09/05 at 6:04 am

Despite that my intelligence is (I hope!) about 100 times higher than them, I admit I'm a pretty big Beavis & Butthead fan. They're dumb, but in a cool way - perfect show to watch after a hard day at school/work, etc. ;)

Anyway, I never really watched the Daria spinoff - what was it generally like? Didn't Daria move away fro
m Highland and start a life somewhere else, featuring all new characters?

YES, Daria did move away... to Lawndale and met a friend there.... The family was HYSTERICAL.... I loved her father Jake, total basket case.... She had that work obESSeD mother and a sister i would have killed... That show has the best wit to it and the music they played on that show was KILLER!!!

Written By: refrigerationdude on 09/11/05 at 12:33 am

I had a friend in HS that was in love with that show.  Used to draw the characters in his artist book during classes, lol.  I have copies of his drawings somewhere.  I watched it some when he was into it, back in 9th and 10th grade, but then it went off and he moved away for 11th grade and to be totally honest I totally forgot about that show till just reading this thread.

RFdude

Written By: Bobby on 09/11/05 at 10:49 am

I went through a spate of watching Daria. Very cool cartoon - Daria was a bit too dour and cynical though.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/11/05 at 2:07 pm

I went through a spate of watching Daria. Very cool cartoon - Daria was a bit too dour and cynical though.

I agree, Bobby. She just rubbed me the wrong way. I would have rather watched reruns of "Speedracer"  ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/13/05 at 2:22 pm

I loved that she was so misearble.. Its funny.. I mean, people who can't    COMPLAIN.  I loved the way Daria would FREAK  whenever she was near TRENT...  I do agree about Speed racer... GEORGE of the JUngle too.............    I loved those shows :D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 09/13/05 at 5:19 pm

I loved that she was so misearble.. Its funny.. I mean, people who can't     COMPLAIN.  I loved the way Daria would FREAK  whenever she was near TRENT...  I do agree about Speed racer... GEORGE of the JUngle too.............    I loved those shows :D

That's true, kellygoo. Daria was sort of suppose to be dour. Maybe a couple more viewings may change my mind. But, as for "Speedracer" -
"Go, Speedy, Go!"  ;D

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/14/05 at 9:46 am

Yes, a few more eppys would have hooked u to Daria.... Speed Racer was awesome... Love the song      " GO SPEED RACER, GO SPEED RACER, GO SPEED RACER................... GO"        :) ;D :D

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/14/05 at 11:28 am

I loved that she was so misearble.. Its funny.. I mean, people who can't COMPLAIN. I loved the way Daria would FREAK whenever she was near TRENT... I do agree about Speed racer... GEORGE of the JUngle too............. I loved those shows :D

Yeah, was she sorta the same way she was with Beavis & Butthead? (Though they deserved it at times!)

Example (setting, at an art museum, Van Driesen is talking):

VAN DRIESEN: ...some of ther greatest master painters of the 19th century.
B&BH: Huh huh huh, yeah yeah, hmm hmm hmmm.
DARIA: (half in disgust) He said 'master painters'.

I've known people like her in real life - they're fun/cool for awhile, but it kind of makes you miserable as well if you hang around them too long, LOL.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/16/05 at 8:37 am

I totally agree ....Daria is a total buzz kill, but I thin its part of her charm.  But in real life, Daria would be out on her a** with no friends, they would grow so TIRED of her... Jane is cool  as hell though 8) 8)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/25/05 at 8:24 am

I FOUND THE COOLEST BOOK ON DARIA WHEN I WAS IN FLORIDA A COUPLE YRS BACK... I was on AEbay the other day and they wanted the same BOOK for like $15 bucks... I paid a Dime for it!!!!!!!!!!  AWesome... THank Goodness for thrift stores... they ROCK!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...