inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lisa Stansfield

Written By: whistledog on 09/24/05 at 12:58 am

I like This is the Right Time the best :)

Subject: Re: Lisa Stansfield

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/24/05 at 12:58 am

I chose 1989 - All Around the World

Written By: nally on 09/24/05 at 1:02 am

I'm going to select " All Around The World" :) 8) :D, which hit the U.S. charts in early 1990 (Sorry, guys). :-DYHIW a certain record carries over into the next year, especially the first year of the next decade? :-\\

Written By: whistledog on 09/24/05 at 1:07 am

DYHIW a certain record carries over into the next year, especially the first year of the next decade?

I hate that too.  Both All Around the World and This is the Right Time were UK hits in 1989, but became US hits in 1990.  I never know whether to call them 80's hits or 90's hits  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/24/05 at 1:13 am

I hate that too.  Both All Around the World and This is the Right Time were UK hits in 1989, but became US hits in 1990.  I never know whether to call them 80's hits or 90's hits  :-\\
It was a hit when it first entered the charts, therefore the records would be hits from the 80s.

Written By: nally on 09/24/05 at 1:15 am

That's a thing with lots of songs. There's a whole bunch of hits that carried from 1979 into 1980 that I'm not sure whether to place 'em in one decade or the other (such as "Cruisin" by Smokey Robinson, "Another Brick In The Wall Part 2" by Pink Floyd, and "Please Don't Go" by KC and the Sunshine Band); likewise for 1999 into 2000 ("All The Small Things" by Blink 182, "Falls Apart" by Sugar Ray, etc.). With regard to the 1989-1990 confusion, there's three Depeche Mode hits from that era ("Enjoy The Silence", "Personal Jesus", "Policy Of Truth") that could be construed as 80's or 90's, depending on how ya look at 'em. :-\\

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/24/05 at 1:19 am

I voted for All Woman, but all around the world is a great tune also,

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/24/05 at 1:34 am

I really loved her. My faves? All Around the World, You can't deny it, Change, and This is the Right time.

Written By: tv on 09/25/05 at 2:14 pm

I really loved her. My faves? All Around the World, You can't deny it, Change, and This is the Right time.
I loved her too and I think she was a very attractive looking woman as well. I liked "All Around The World", "All Woman","Change", and "Never Gonna Give You Up".

Check for new replies or respond here...