inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you miss that old saterday mornig show?

Written By: rugrat on 09/27/05 at 6:08 pm

Do you rember what happened Legend of Zelda as a tv show cause lots of people are talking about that show.

Subject: Re: Do you miss that old saterday mornig show?

Written By: Echo Nomad on 03/03/06 at 2:49 pm

I watched that show during the very early 90's when I still used my 8bit NES.

Written By: Ebontyne on 03/12/06 at 1:29 pm

I used to watch that show too. I remember that Link was sort of a jerk always trying to steal a kiss from Zelda, while Zelda was basically a snooty stuck-up arse. Not sure why the writers chose to portray the characters that way, but hey, I didn't really care that much as a kid and I enjoyed their antics. ;)

I also used to watch Captain N: The Game Master, another fun cartoon series based on video games from the early '90s. I was really into my Nintendo back then, so I recall these cartoons quite fondly now; I guess if there are two things I tend to get nostalgic about, it's Saturday morning cartoons from the late '80s/early '90s and old video games. :)

Written By: Webstor on 03/12/06 at 7:02 pm

"The Legend of Zelda" cartoon first came on the air back when the "Super Mario Brothers Super show" debuted.
The way they showed it on my cable channel was they would show Super Mario Monday thru thursday...and on friday they would show an episode of "The Legend of Zelda"

There were not that many episodes of Zelda if I remember correctly.....

However, during the 2nd or 3rd season of "Captain N: the Game Master"....there were plots on the show that involved Captain N and his team joining forces with Zelda and Link to stop Gannon.  They used the same character voices for them and everything....

Written By: whistledog on 03/12/06 at 7:21 pm

"The Legend of Zelda" cartoon first came on the air back when the "Super Mario Brothers Super show" debuted.
The way they showed it on my cable channel was they would show Super Mario Monday thru thursday...and on friday they would show an episode of "The Legend of Zelda"

There were not that many episodes of Zelda if I remember correctly.....

However, during the 2nd or 3rd season of "Captain N: the Game Master"....there were plots on the show that involved Captain N and his team joining forces with Zelda and Link to stop Gannon.  They used the same character voices for them and everything....

That's the way I used to watch it too :)

I always looked forward to Fridays when Zelda would come on :)

Written By: KKay on 03/13/06 at 12:15 pm

I miss when people spelled it 'Saturday'.

;)

Written By: Tia on 03/13/06 at 12:44 pm

I miss when people spelled it 'Saturday'.

;)
man, those were the days.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/15/06 at 9:48 am

Yeah, it's so square to call names by their correct names. You're giving in to the ESTABLISHMENTTT...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/15/06 at 7:38 pm

I didn't see the cartoon itselt, but I did see it when it was part of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

Check for new replies or respond here...