inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: John Walsh Commercials? Or any REALLY LONG commercials for instance?

Written By: Harmonica on 10/12/05 at 2:03 pm

Ok I"m going off on a tangent here, so please excuse me.

Do any of you guys remember those really super long commericals?  I'm talking commercials that would last up to five minutes or sometimes even longer.

For example there used to be John Walsch commercials on the TV.  Where a boy would see his father put his gun into a drawer and then he'd go to get it out and his older brother would stop him and tell him no. Then at the end John Walsh was standing there and he'd have 2 guns in his hand and he'd say, "One of these guns is real, one of them is a toy.  It is very hard to tell the difference." and he'd go on to give a speech on why you shouldn't play with guns.  There was this other commercial with him where a girl would look in the mirror and say she was ugly.  A woman appeared and she looked average and showed the girl that with makeup and attitude and a little class almost any girl could be pretty.  The John Walshe at the end of the commericial, "Sandy is a very pretty girl, with low confidence" and the speech on how we should all love ourselves and see he beauty within.

Anyone remember this?

How about the Long Pete and Pete commericals before they became a TV show?  Like the one on how his mom got a plate in her head or how the smaller Pete got his tattoo?  Remember these?

I also vaguely remember other "long" commericals.  One about a kid that had his insides on the outside of his body. 

Subject: Re: John Walsh Commercials? Or any REALLY LONG commercials for instance?

Written By: whistledog on 10/12/05 at 2:37 pm

For example there used to be John Walsch commercials on the TV.  Where a boy would see his father put his gun into a drawer and then he'd go to get it out and his older brother would stop him and tell him no. Then at the end John Walsh was standing there and he'd have 2 guns in his hand and he'd say, "One of these guns is real, one of them is a toy.  It is very hard to tell the difference." and he'd go on to give a speech on why you shouldn't play with guns. 

I remember seeing that one

Check for new replies or respond here...