inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone watch "Muppet Babies"?

Written By: TarzSp on 10/14/05 at 2:30 am

I completely forgot what channel this ran on Syndication during the Early 90's (It might have been Nickolodeon), but I used to watch this show Religiously. It was such a cool show, even adults could watch this show and enjoy it

I was surfing this Retro 90's Website, and I found the Opening Credits to the Show, and it's extremely cute  8), here it is, http://www.retrojunk.com/details_theme.php?main_id=24&theme_id=501&play=y

Subject: Re: Anyone watch "Muppet Babies"?

Written By: Electric Youth on 10/14/05 at 2:42 am

I did...  :D

It featured them using their imagination for having fun, better than "Rugrats" and not creepy. Though I found it strange, even at 6,  that Baby Kermit isn't even a tadpole.  ???

Also remember the dolls from McDonalds from around that time

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/14/05 at 6:34 am

The Muppet Babies are cute.

Written By: Harmonica on 10/14/05 at 8:43 am

I used to live off of that show when I was little.

Written By: whistledog on 10/14/05 at 9:18 am

I really loved the Muppet Babies.  I watched it ALL the time :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/14/05 at 10:38 am

I watched it back in the 80s when it came out.

Written By: Keet on 10/15/05 at 2:42 am

Loved the Muppet Babies.  I used to wat...er...I mean I used to watch it with my daughter all the time.  er...At least, I THINK my daughter was with me.  STOP TAUNTING MEEEEE!!!

Written By: nally on 10/17/05 at 1:17 pm

Where I lived, it was still on TV during the early 90's; I was 10-12 years old but enjoyed it anyway. I always enjoyed Fozzie telling jokes. ;D

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/05 at 1:20 pm

The Muppet Babies ran from 1984-1991.  I watched it every Saturday.  I wish they still showed old eps. of it.  I'd so love to see it again :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/17/05 at 1:22 pm

It was a great show, please bring it to DVD!

Written By: TarzSp on 10/17/05 at 2:30 pm

Where I lived, it was still on TV during the early 90's; I was 10-12 years old but enjoyed it anyway. I always enjoyed Fozzie telling jokes. ;D

Why did the Chicken cross the road? .....WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA!  :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/17/05 at 3:37 pm

Muppet Babies wasn't my favorite...however, I did watch it a lot with my sister.

Erin :)

Written By: rich1981 on 10/17/05 at 4:26 pm

Indeed I used to watch this all the time on Nick, it used to play before or after The Muppet Show I think? (not sure)

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 10/19/05 at 9:37 am

I used to watch it :)

Written By: PETER on 10/20/05 at 6:58 pm

Love the show too ...

It hasn't been seen for awhile as Disney bought them from Henson I heard(along with the Muppet Show and a few other properties),  and are working on converting them to DVD..

They NEED  to MAKE IT INTO A MOVIE!

Trivia:  The BabyFozzie Bear voice actor also provided the Frank Oz sound-a-like voice of Fungus on the Monsters Inc. Video Game..

You can even write the cast  Hollywood...find them by voicechasers.com ...they sure have some talented backgrounds!
The cast are just like meeting the Sesame Street people and Muppets...look them up and you can contact them!

(I remember doing that with the Teenage Nija Turtles but there were soo many of them.)

Written By: Satish on 10/21/05 at 5:48 pm

I totally loved "Muppet Babies"! I grew up with that show!

Written By: nally on 10/25/05 at 3:44 pm

Why did the Chicken cross the road? .....WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA!  :D

I remember one of his chicken jokes: What time do chickens go to bed? At seven o'cluck!! I forget which episode that one was from, though.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 10/29/05 at 3:52 pm

I remembered that miss piggy was a mean ol'e brat in the show and gonzo try to swoon her and she aboused him the nanny was played by beaver's mom

Written By: nally on 10/31/05 at 10:59 am

I remembered that miss piggy was a mean ol'e brat in the show and gonzo try to swoon her and she aboused him the nanny was played by beaver's mom

Yes, Gonzo tried to swoon her but I think Kermit The Frog liked her better.

Written By: Tia on 10/31/05 at 11:24 am

i was never into muppet babies all that much but one of my college roomates watched it religiously. (he was waaaayyyyy too old to be watching muppet babies, let me point out.) he never went to class and all day long while i was going to class he'd play games on my computer. then i'd come home and he'd be watching muppet babies and chortling like an idiot. THEN he'd get on the phone and talk till 2 am, totally keeping me up. every time i caught part of his conversation, it'd be something like, "hey, what do you say we grab a baseball bat and go after that guy?"

ugh!

so ever since then i've associated muppet babies with my nightmare college roommate. completely unfair, i know, but i can't help it. i bet it was a fine show.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 03/03/06 at 2:35 pm

I was a little bit old to be in it's demographic but for a 10 yearold in the late 80's I found it hilarious.

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/03/06 at 6:31 pm

I watched it when I was like 2-4 in the early '90s. It was pretty fun, as I recall...I remember the little baby piano the dog played.

Written By: nally on 03/04/06 at 1:51 am

I watched it when I was like 2-4 in the early '90s. It was pretty fun, as I recall...I remember the little baby piano the dog played.

The dog's name was Rowlf (pronounced like "Ralph").

It was on TV in the early 90's, when I was like 10-12 years old, but I found it interesting in a sense. I always seemed to get a kick out of Fozzie's jokes. ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/04/06 at 2:23 am

Oh wow, I used to watch this a lot.  Funny thing, I was just mentioning this show to someone and then I see it as a thread here.  I guess it's a small world after all.  :)

Written By: nikki89 on 03/04/06 at 12:47 pm

I LOVED Muppet Babies! It was my favorite show when I was little. I still have episodes taped off the TV from 1991. The only bad thing is that they're starting to "go bad" with lines going down the screen and whatnot. I still watch them sometimes, but I tell myself it's just for the commercials!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/07 at 5:08 pm

Not recently.

Written By: nally on 07/23/07 at 10:49 pm

I haven't seen it on TV in over 10 years. It would be nice if some cable channel out there still aired it, even Boomerang...but they've seemed to start going downhill too. :-\\

Written By: Brian06 on 07/23/07 at 10:51 pm

Yes a long long time ago.

Written By: coqueta83 on 07/24/07 at 12:49 am

Yes, I loved this show. Looking back, it was one of the most adorable cartoon shows ever.  :)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/24/07 at 10:42 am

Yeah, I used to watch Muppet Babies all the time when it still came on Nick Jr. in the early '90s. I don't know how long it's been since the last time I saw it, but its probably been at least 11 or 12 years :(

Written By: Step-chan on 07/24/07 at 1:52 pm

I have before.

Written By: saver on 07/26/07 at 10:19 pm

The Muppet Babies ran from 1984-1991.  I watched it every Saturday.  I wish they still showed old eps. of it.  I'd so love to see it again :)

Iknow DISNEY now owns itand (other Muppet spin offs)..I asked if they would have them out on DVD or Tv again..for DVD, I heard someone from the San Diego Comic Convention mention they need to clear all the 'little movie clips' to use when they distribute and since there were a hundred plus shows it will take some work(if they started ityet)...2 members were at the San Diego Comicon in2006...see them online photos..they both did their voices with each other it was a thrill to Muppet BB lovers!

You can probably contact the cast by seeing their online info...Fozzie is a FAVE!

Written By: nally on 07/27/07 at 6:14 pm

Yeah, I used to watch Muppet Babies all the time when it still came on Nick Jr. in the early '90s. I don't know how long it's been since the last time I saw it, but its probably been at least 11 or 12 years :(

Nick Jr? In the early 1990s I remember it was on the Fox Kids Network (until about '92). Maybe sometime shortly thereafter it went to Nick Jr? I wouldn't know when, since I did not have cable tv then.

For me it's been at least ten years since I last saw it; I was in my teens at the time. Probably sometime when I was staying at a hotel and was by myself in the room.

Check for new replies or respond here...