inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I wish i could be transported back to the 90s!

Written By: MYLife on 10/14/05 at 11:35 am

The 2000's suck! Sure 00-01 was alright, but i really feel since sept 11 attacks things just havent been the same  :( I'm so nostalgic about the past that i dont really care about the present or future.

Subject: Re: I wish i could be transported back to the 90s!

Written By: TarzSp on 10/14/05 at 12:13 pm

I feel the same exact way

I honestly do not think that there is anyone living on this planet who is more Nostalgic about the 90's than me

I'm 18 right now (i'll be 19 next month) and right now, my life is horrible.  So I just keep thinking back to when I was a kid in the 90's and how great of a time I had. I still remember hanging out with my best friends, going over to my friends house to play Mortal Kombat every weekend. It was fun as hell for me

It's mainly the Music that I miss so much from the 90's, Music today is Horrible, it all sounds the same, especially the Rap

The thing that ruined my entire experince of the 90's was having to attend "Day Care" from 1991 untill 1996, it just completely took me out of the world almost, I was secluded in a Day Care every single day of my life for 5 years of the 90's (except for the weekends) so I was practically secluded from Music and TV alot of the time. The only time I got to listen to music was when I would watch Music Videos on MTV during the Weekends (Up untill 1995 and then I started listening to the Radio alot more)

I just wish I were a Kid again, it's not fun being an Adult at all, it sucks very much. I just wish I could take a time machine and travel all the way back to 1990 and just try and relive my life again, and also try to convince my mom not to sign me up for Day Care  :P

Oh well, looks like we're stuck in the Hell Hole that is the 2000's and I can't imagine this ever being a Memorable Decade like the 90's were, I also can't imagine anything being memorable from this point forward, things are just going to get worse and more boring.  I really do feel bad for anyone that was born after 1991, they just will never know what it was like to experience the 90's, and instead, 10 years from now, they will be wishing they could be back in the early 2000's.  It makes me sad for them  :(

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/15/05 at 12:51 pm

I just wish I were a Kid again, it's not fun being an Adult at all, it sucks very much.

Sometimes I feel like I couldn't agree more with this.

Weird thing is, I swore when I was younger, that I'd never want to be a kid again. I'm not sure if I'm more nostalgic for the time period when I was a kid, or the age I was. Probably a bit of both.

Hell, I'm starting to even miss middle school and a little early high school too. Say, anything from under age 15 or 16. I don't think that's coincidental because, even though 16 isn't technically quite an adult, it IS about the age we start at least preparing for responsibilities, so we long for the time before we had to worry about it, IMO.

Oh well, looks like we're stuck in the Hell Hole that is the 2000's and I can't imagine this ever being a Memorable Decade like the 90's were, I also can't imagine anything being memorable from this point forward, things are just going to get worse and more boring.   I really do feel bad for anyone that was born after 1991, they just will never know what it was like to experience the 90's, and instead, 10 years from now, they will be wishing they could be back in the early 2000's.   It makes me sad for them  :(

I always try to remain hopeful it'll swing back, but I'm starting to agree with this too. It's three months away from 2006 and only a little over 4 years from 2010, and I still wouldn't call this a truly memorable decade on its own.

I miss the pop culture of my childhood in the 80's, as well as the first two thirds of the 90's. When I was growing up, I still kinda envied the adults who talked about having great experiences in the 60's and 70's too. It was before I was around, but I still knew it was a fun and exciting time.

You're right, though, I (as of now) can't envision reminiscing about the 2000's, 2010's, etc the way people do about the 60's-90's. Don't get me wrong, I think there's some good individual things about today, but just not the bulk of it. I imagine it'll be that way in the near future too. I like some scattershot songs, TV shows, fashions, etc. but not that much in general the way I do about the 80's, for instance.

P.S. The "youth culture" started in the 50's. It's been around 50 years now. I honestly have to ask, how much more can people come out with before it's just a modification of something that's been done before? ;)

Written By: Satish on 10/15/05 at 8:38 pm

It's funny you say that. I'm 25, and I feel the same way about the 80s, when I was a kid. I remember I used to have so much fun back then, playing with my action figures, watching cartoons, and playing outside with my friends everyday. Then, in 1990 when I was 10, my family moved somewhere else, and I didn't like my new home nearly as much.

Starting around 1994 or 95, I remembered how much happier I was in the 80s, and I became very nostalgic for that time period. I started listening to 80s music and watching 80s movies and tv shows, just because they were from that decade. I was probably into retro 80s before anyone else! That's actually why I started visiting this messageboard about five years ago, so I could reminisce about the 80s.

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/15/05 at 9:48 pm

It's funny you say that. I'm 25, and I feel the same way about the 80s, when I was a kid. I remember I used to have so much fun back then, playing with my action figures, watching cartoons, and playing outside with my friends everyday. Then, in 1990 when I was 10, my family moved somewhere else, and I didn't like my new home nearly as much.

Starting around 1994 or 95, I remembered how much happier I was in the 80s, and I became very nostalgic for that time period. I started listening to 80s music and watching 80s movies and tv shows, just because they were from that decade. I was probably into retro 80s before anyone else! That's actually why I started visiting this messageboard about five years ago, so I could reminisce about the 80s.

that's how I just became about the 90's... except most of their music sucks!

Written By: Billy on 10/15/05 at 9:52 pm

Yeah, I was born in 1989 and even though 15 year olds today are lovin' the 2000's, I vividly remember the 90's and I can say right away that besides the advances in technology, this decade called the 00's aren't that good. In the 90's, the TV shows were great, the music was great, the greatest mall ever near my house (Carolina Circle Mall) was still open which finished demolition 2 weeks ago, life was simpler, and much more. Even though a lot of people say that the 90's are identical to the 2000's, I still see many many differences.

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/15/05 at 10:14 pm

Yeah, I was born in 1989 and even though 15 year olds today are lovin' the 2000's, I vividly remember the 90's and I can say right away that besides the advances in technology, this decade called the 00's aren't that good. In the 90's, the TV shows were great, the music was great, the greatest mall ever near my house (Carolina Circle Mall) was still open which finished demolition 2 weeks ago, life was simpler, and much more. Even though a lot of people say that the 90's are identical to the 2000's, I still see many many differences.

I agree 100%. I'm seeing malls in my area changing, especially certain stores (eg - arcades, music/video shops). Little things like that are when it really hits you that times are changing.

Certain aspects of 90's pop culture is somewhat similar (at least in basic structure) to the 00's, but just far better! I wouldn't say we've had a noticeable shift since 1999 though, just alot of more minute changes.

Even though the 80's will always be my favorite decade, I honestly have almost as much nostalgia for the 90's today (at least until about 1997/98). Maybe it's because I was still somewhat of a kid/young teen at the time (I was born in 1981), but the underlying reason is, pop culture was just more distinct then.

I hope the 2010's are better. But I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 10/15/05 at 10:18 pm

there are many differences between the two.

the decades just get worse and worse....

Written By: ldn324 on 10/16/05 at 1:08 am

I became a young adult in the 90s and have to say, that was my best decade ever.  Loved the music, loved the styles, had a great job & apartment....life was just good.  I feel like some day, Bowling for Soup will probably do a song called "1995" that's all about me! LOL ;D  The 90s was the first time I ever felt like I fit in...alternative, grunge, etc.  I can't really think of anything nice to say about the 2000s yet.  I guess if I must, I will admit to being a "retro-girl".  Give me my baby doll dress & combat boots and toss on some Pearl Jam or Juliana Hatfield!

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 10/16/05 at 6:13 am

I would never want go back to the 90's. To many bad things happen to me  then.

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 10/16/05 at 9:33 am

Even though the 80's will always be my favorite decade, I honestly have almost as much nostalgia for the 90's today (at least until about 1997/98). Maybe it's because I was still somewhat of a kid/young teen at the time (I was born in 1981), but the underlying reason is, pop culture was just more distinct then.

It may not be because of your age.  I'm 6 years older then you, and I too really liked the pop culture of early and mid 90s a lot as well.  I didn't like how it was changing in 1997, and then it really changed in 1999,---which is what our current pop culture is based on.

The 80s are my run away favorite too.

It is interesting hearing these young kids talk about the 90s like it was the good ol' days though.  I thought the same thing about the 80s during the 90s.  From their perspective it was sooooo long ago, but to me 1995 and 1996 doesn't feel all that long ago, even though I know it was 10 years ago.  Then I remind myself that back in 1990-1997, I would have thought "10 years ago" in the 80s was an eternity ago. 

]I hope the 2010's are better. But I'm not holding my breath. ;)

Neither am I.

Written By: Yo Mom on 10/16/05 at 11:55 am

YES, the 90's pwned. Great times, great poltics, great music, just everything was great. The 2000's suck arse. Bad politics, bad music, basicially everything that could be wrong with a decade happend in the 2000's.

Written By: Billy on 10/16/05 at 12:35 pm

YES, the 90's pwned. Great times, great poltics, great music, just everything was great. The 2000's suck arse. Bad politics, bad music, basicially everything that could be wrong with a decade happend in the 2000's.

You don't know how true you are. The technology in the 2000's is great and the road system here in NC is great, but other than that, the 2000's will be remembered for basically two things: 9/11 and the war in Iraq. If I were transported back to the 90's, it wouldn't be permanently. I would go to sometime in 1994 because that's my favorite 90's year. And I would only stay about a week because I have a life in 2005. I would treat it like a vacation to the beach. I would go to the 90's at least once a year.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/16/05 at 4:52 pm

Well, I Love the 90's far too much, and it's the only decade I remember

I was born back in 1986 and I don't remember a single day in the 80's at all.  But the earliest I can remember was 1990, and I actually remember 1990 pretty well.  I still remember me and my mother living in a 1 Bedroom Apartment and I had my first ever Best Friend who lived across the hall from me and we would always play "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" for the NES all the time.  Unfortunately, He ended up attempting suicide like 10 years ago (He was just an Angry kid and he always seemed depressed), I think he's ok now though, or atleast I hope he is, I have not seen him in about 11 years

Another thing I remember well from 1990 was when this movie called "Stephen King's IT" premiered on CBS. I swear to god I never went to the Bathroom again after having to sit through that movie.  It was the first real Scary thing I had ever seen in my life and it stayed with me forever.  I remember a couple of days after watching that movie and waking up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water and (literally) a Monster or a Ghost came out of the Closet, picked me up and put me back down in bed. It seemed so real and as crazy as it may make me sound, I'll always believe that was real

There is really only 1 Year from the 90's that I don't remember at all, and that was 1991 (Well actually, I remember Christmas of 1991 very well), everything else I remember pretty well

I swear I've got so many fascinating stories about the 90's, I could write a Book for christ sakes  :D

Written By: Billy on 10/16/05 at 5:45 pm

I swear I've got so many fascinating stories about the 90's, I could write a Book for christ sakes  :D

Good idea. I already did. Well, mine's a fictional movie script based on Back to the Future. My friend Dillon gets sent back to 1994. If anyone wants a copy of it, let me know.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/16/05 at 6:06 pm

Good idea. I already did. Well, mine's a fictional movie script based on Back to the Future. My friend Dillon gets sent back to 1994. If anyone wants a copy of it, let me know.

I'd like a copy  8)

1994 was a Fun year for me, sometimes I kind of forget most of 1994, but I remember some of what was going on with me in 1994

I remember I met this kid named Shane during the Summer of 1994 and we became friends, I do remember that he was Obssessed with the song "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden and he would even write down the entire lyrics in his Notebook

And like I mentioned before, there are 2 Exact Dates that stick out in my mind from 1994.  First was January 6th, it was my Mother's Birthday and it was the same day that the whole Nancy Kerrigan/Tanya Harding Incident Happened, but on that exact day, I was at the Daycare Center and I remember we were playing in one of the rooms and I was walking on some high platform and I slipped and fell and I tried to break my fall with my hand, but I ended up Breaking my Arm and I started running around the Daycare Center Screaming and Crying like a Maniac (If anyone here actually went to my Daycare Center, you know who I am  :D )

And another date was November 19th. It was my 8th Birthday and it was the very first (and last) Birthday Party I ever had, where I invited all of my friends over. We played Kickball outside all day long and then ate Cake and I opened my presents.  I remember some of the presents I got, I got a little Green Power Ranger Action figure that you could actually flip its head over and it would transform from Tommy to the Green Ranger (It was pretty cool at the time  :-\\ )

And I'll never forget, that right before I left for my Birthday Party, this girl that I knew since I was little came to talk to me outside my house and it was the first time we ever talked to each other alone. I had always heard that she had a Crush on me and secretly I always had a crush on her (She was really cute), and this lasted untill I was about 14, because then I moved away to a different house and never saw her again.  To this day I regret having never asked her out, I'd do anything to find her again, and if I did, the first thing I would probably do is propose to her  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/16/05 at 6:08 pm

Well, I Love the 90's far too much, and it's the only decade I remember

I was born back in 1986 and I don't remember a single day in the 80's at all.  But the earliest I can remember was 1990, and I actually remember 1990 pretty well.  I still remember me and my mother living in a 1 Bedroom Apartment and I had my first ever Best Friend who lived across the hall from me and we would always play "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" for the NES all the time.  Unfortunately, He ended up attempting suicide like 10 years ago (He was just an Angry kid and he always seemed depressed), I think he's ok now though, or atleast I hope he is, I have not seen him in about 11 years

Another thing I remember well from 1990 was when this movie called "Stephen King's IT" premiered on CBS. I swear to god I never went to the Bathroom again after having to sit through that movie.  It was the first real Scary thing I had ever seen in my life and it stayed with me forever.  I remember a couple of days after watching that movie and waking up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water and (literally) a Monster or a Ghost came out of the Closet, picked me up and put me back down in bed. It seemed so real and as crazy as it may make me sound, I'll always believe that was real

There is really only 1 Year from the 90's that I don't remember at all, and that was 1991 (Well actually, I remember Christmas of 1991 very well), everything else I remember pretty well

Just a question (w/o sarcasm or anything mean-spirited intended): but why were you watching "It" at the age of four and as I recall it came on at 9 each night, past your bedtime! LOL

Written By: TarzSp on 10/16/05 at 6:14 pm

Just a question (w/o sarcasm or anything mean-spirited intended): but why were you watching "It" at the age of four and as I recall it came on at 9 each night, past your bedtime! LOL

It premiered the day before my 4th Birthday (So the 2nd part aired on my 4th birthday), but I don't think I really had a Bedtime because I wasn't attending Daycare or anything, my friend's mother (who lived right next to us) would usually watch me everyday when my mom went to work back then

And for the reason why I was watching it, I don't even have the slightest clue. My mom was pretty "evil" back then and would love to try and scare me  ;D

I'll never forget it though, I still remember seeing CBS running the Ads for it coming on and I was scared to death, and then (kind of hard for me to remember so well), but i'm pretty sure I was just sitting there on the floor next to the TV while my Mom was laying across the couch, and when I first saw tht Clown's face, I wet myself!

My Mom still tells me to this day that she remembers how I wouldent even go pee in the Bathroom anymore because I was scared to death of the Sink and Bathtub Drains, apparently I pee'd in the corner of the walls for a while after that  :-[ (Eventually that stopped though, obviously, lol)

Written By: whistledog on 10/16/05 at 7:29 pm

I'd like to go back to the very early 90's when some of my favourite Canadian bands and artists were in the charts.  Those were the days of good 90's music.  None of that grunge and gangsta crap

Written By: Audrey on 10/21/05 at 10:31 am

I know, alot of people will tell you that your highschool years are the best years of your life, well so far they haven't been for me.  I still say that the best years of my life were '94-'97, I was in kindergarten in '94.  Then my grandparents started dying in '98, which made me grow up a little.

Back in the '90s me and my older brothers had so much fun, when we hear a song we remember from the '90s we all have instant nostalgia. 
I get sad when I realize, some day none of us will be living under the same roof. 

There was this Beatles song that came out in '95 (they had to digitally put in John Lennon's voice for the song from what I remember).  Anyway, the song is called "Free As a Bird", I used to hear it all the time back in '95, I recently downloaded it to bring back memories and now 10 years later as I actually listen to the lyrics for the first time, this one line really fits my perspective of my brothers and I in the 90s and how it's all changed now, here's how it goes:
------------------------------
Whatever happened to
The life that we once knew
Can we really live without each other?
Where did we lose the touch
That seemed to mean so much
It always made me feel so free
As a bird
------------------------------
Ahhh, how I long to go back, sometimes I pray to God that heaven will be like the 90s, lol, I sure hope so.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/21/05 at 11:55 am

I know, alot of people will tell you that your highschool years are the best years of your life, well so far they haven't been for me.�  I still say that the best years of my life were '94-'97

I agree completely, 94-97 was Great for me, and like you said, whenever I hear music from that time, I get really nostalgic.  Actually, as of right now i've been listening to XM Radio and they are going through every month of music through the 90's and they are on November 1994 right now, so looks like my nostalgic trip is about to set in

Written By: McDonald on 10/21/05 at 12:21 pm

This sort of extreme nostalgia, where one is so consumed by nostalgia for the past that s/he doesn't care about the present o future... That's not only very interesting psychologically, but also sociologically as this seems to be soooo common today. I wonder how or if experts on these subjects are taking all this in...

Written By: TarzSp on 10/21/05 at 12:50 pm

This sort of extreme nostalgia, where one is so consumed by nostalgia for the past that s/he doesn't care about the present o future... That's not only very interesting psychologically, but also sociologically as this seems to be soooo common today. I wonder how or if experts on these subjects are taking all this in...

That's all too true for me, I'm so Nostalgic that all I do is listen to 90's Music whenever I want to listen to music.  The last time I listened to the Radio was about 2 weeks ago. I just simply don't care for Music today

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/21/05 at 12:54 pm

It premiered the day before my 4th Birthday (So the 2nd part aired on my 4th birthday), but I don't think I really had a Bedtime because I wasn't attending Daycare or anything, my friend's mother (who lived right next to us) would usually watch me everyday when my mom went to work back then

And for the reason why I was watching it, I don't even have the slightest clue. My mom was pretty "evil" back then and would love to try and scare me  ;D

I'll never forget it though, I still remember seeing CBS running the Ads for it coming on and I was scared to death, and then (kind of hard for me to remember so well), but i'm pretty sure I was just sitting there on the floor next to the TV while my Mom was laying across the couch, and when I first saw tht Clown's face, I wet myself!

My Mom still tells me to this day that she remembers how I wouldent even go pee in the Bathroom anymore because I was scared to death of the Sink and Bathtub Drains, apparently I pee'd in the corner of the walls for a while after that  :-[ (Eventually that stopped though, obviously, lol)

Aw, man! I'm sorry! Mean, mommy, mean!

I'm glad to see you've pulled through! LOL (have you?)

Written By: TarzSp on 10/21/05 at 1:23 pm

Aw, man! I'm sorry! Mean, mommy, mean!

I'm glad to see you've pulled through! LOL (have you?)

lol, Hardly.  I'm a huge fan of Horror Movies today, but I still cringe whenever I see Pennywise the Clown or "IT" on TV. It has me scarred for life

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/21/05 at 10:48 pm

You're very right on this general statement. ;)

As I've said on here many times, I have that.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm interested in what paths the future will take us (I love BTTF #2, so that's a given!), but -- I'm 24 and could already write a book on what I think of the past, just in what I've lived my own self.

I mean, heck, half of my life ago, at age 12 (1993-94) I already had amassed alot of memories of my past. Even then, despite the fact that I wasn't really "nostalgic" yet, it wouldn't be uncommon for me to miss a song I may have first heard, or a place I may have gone at, say age 5.

Compare that to people born, say before 1960 or 1965.

From everyone I've talked with - say my parents' age(s) - they always looked to the future. They didn't start getting "nostalgic" until their 30's or 40's. Some of them simply can not relate to being 15, 20 or 25 and being so tied down/attached to their past, because they never were.

That certainly must say something about the world, or at least this era.

I've theorized before, that we're more attached to our childhood now, because there's just SO MUCH out there for us to get into. Videogames, computers, music, you name it. Hell, I had that in the 80's/early 90's, and if I miss it so much, imagine what some 20 year old in 2020 (who's a 5 year old little kid now) will say about the 00's.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/31/05 at 3:32 pm

BLAH! I just turned on the Sci-Fi Channel and saw Pennywise the Clown's Face.  Apparently they are playing Stephen King's "IT" on the Sci-Fi channel for Halloween

It just reminded me of this thread and my childhood  :D

Written By: Satish on 11/02/05 at 8:58 pm

Nostalgia for the past is completely natural. As time goes by, people's fortunes might take a turn for the worse, and they might yearn for a return to an era when they were more prosperous. When people suffer through an economic recession or depression, they probably long for a return to happier times. And of course, when people get older, their bodies become weaker and more feeble, so they feel nostalgic for the time when they were more healthy and vital.

There's lots of songs about nostalgia for the past. "Yesterday" by the Beatles, for instance.

In the 1970s in the United States, nostalgia for the 50s was huge. The country had just gone through the trauma of Watergate and the Vietnam War, as well as the assassinations of the Kennedy brothers, Martin Luther King and Malcolm X. People saw the period before all those things happened, the 50s, as a time of lost innocence. This was reflected in movies like American Graffiti, tv shows like "Happy Days", and songs like "American Pie."

Written By: Satish on 11/03/05 at 3:14 am

And let me just add that the 90s, for the most part, were a pretty UN-happy time in my life. At the time, I identified more with sad, depressing songs like "Everybody Hurts" by REM, "The Man Who Sold the World" and "All Apologies" by Nirvana, "Tha Crossroads" by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, "Only Happy When it Rains" by Garbage, "Name" and "Naked" by the Goo Goo Dolls, "The Streets of Philadelphia" by Bruce Springsteen, "Sour Times" by Portishead, "Stars" by Dubstar, and just about anything by Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Nine Inch Nails.

Written By: OliverDK on 11/08/05 at 10:15 am

I remember '90-'93 being a pretty cool time, but then the 90s prober started and everything went FUBAR, I would prefer to be transported back to December 31st 1979 so I could could enjoy the full depth of the 80s.

The best part of my life probably '82-'83 when I was a 11-13y.o boy without a care in the world, when going out on a Friday night meant going up to the youth club, where the bar served Coca Cola, 7-Up and Fanta, and you danced to ABBA, Boney M and Bee Gees, going steady meant kissing in a dark corner on a Friday night, and friends were friends forever.

But think about this; you can't go back to your favorite era, so you'll make it come to you instead, I'm about to move out of a small apartment into something bigger, and I've already decided that I'm going to get a 70s-style bedroom, an 80s-style living room and a 90s-style kitchen, a 60s-style chill-out room and an 00s-style film room wouldn't be bad either.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/10/05 at 8:04 pm

The 90's were not so great for me personally...I was in and out of the hospital a lot for mental health reasons(tried to kill myself three times)..and my first cat, Sylvester, died in 1999. So apart from going to California(Berkeley, to conduct a workshop at a mental health consumer conference at UC Berkeley)..not much to cheer about.

Written By: TarzSp on 11/10/05 at 8:45 pm

to conduct a workshop at a mental health consumer conference

So, doing that one thing was the highlight of the 90's for you?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/11/05 at 5:10 pm

So, doing that one thing was the highlight of the 90's for you?
I'd also have to say getting into the mental-health consumer run housing program I'm in now, which put my housemate and I into this condo I live in..and the program has given me a chance to live independently and run my own life for the most part, unlike the semi-supervised apartment I was in from 1989 to 1992...and if I have to be hospitalized, I don't lose my housing. They also have a Client Trust Account that has helped me save money for things like the computer I'm now using.

Written By: Echo Nomad on 01/19/06 at 1:30 am

Personally I'd go back to 95 and finish those last 4 weeks of HS, apply for the Pell Grant and get my Bachlors by 99. And I'd invest in all that cheap silver to sell at double the price today.

But as a decade it was a lot more hopeful. The decade was the last antiicpatory last few moments before the "future" (the Millennium) party would hit. We were entering a new age of technology, the most invincible superpower since Rome, and our economy was unstoppable. THat all ended starting with 911.

Written By: bemz on 08/05/09 at 5:58 am

yah, i wish i could be a kid again..... so many happy memories back then....my close friends were near....problems were simple....

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/05/09 at 8:09 am

The only reason why I'd be transported back to the 90's would be to watch TV.

Written By: whistledog on 08/05/09 at 8:50 am

Saw the title of this thread peeking on the mainpage, and thought it said "I wish I could be a transvestite" :D

Written By: Midas on 08/05/09 at 10:18 am

Saw the title of this thread peeking on the mainpage, and thought it said "I wish I could be a transvestite" :D

We learn something new about whistledog every day :D

Written By: Paul on 08/05/09 at 2:13 pm

We learn something new about whistledog every day :D

Nah! I'm sure he's mentioned something like this before!  ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/05/09 at 6:42 pm

You don't look to good in high heels. :-\\ 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/05/09 at 8:36 pm

The 90's, the decade that I would like to forget.

;D

Written By: Paul on 08/06/09 at 1:17 pm

The 90's, the decade that I would like to forget.

The 90s...the decade that went by so quick that I can barely remember the majority of it!  :P

Written By: whistledog on 08/07/09 at 4:33 pm

You don't look to good in high heels. :-\\ 

:\'(

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/07/09 at 4:39 pm

However you do look fabulous in those pink flats with the cute bow.  :)

Written By: whistledog on 08/07/09 at 4:45 pm

However you do look fabulous in those pink flats with the cute bow.  :)

:D

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/08/09 at 5:08 pm

Seriously...I can't argue!

This decade was sheesh! Even when I try to escape with TV and Music, I just couldn't. You have to buy the DVD of some shows or watch it on the computer. Even the network shows lost their identity over ratings, I even said that earlier.

And if I had a Time Machine, I'd go back to the Turn of the Century....Now I sound like the Bee Gees. (Yes, that's a song they made "Turn of the Century").

fHGtT-Ui9XI

Written By: Iwih on 08/24/10 at 12:06 am

LOL i'm 28 now and i still act talk and have the same maturity level as i did in 98/99. So what do i do ?. I drive a 99 accord i only play CDs from 96-99 and pretend like i'm still thare  :D

Written By: Davester on 08/24/10 at 2:26 pm

I wish I could be transported back to new year's eve '99 so I could leave the '90s behind all over again...

Written By: 90sgirlx0x0 on 09/04/10 at 6:34 pm

In reply to the original poster ... Me too I'm exactly the same! *sigh*

Written By: Superflykid2008 on 09/06/10 at 3:32 am

lol I wish i could be transported back to 2005. Was a freshmen in high school then. Ironically that was when the original post was created...OP didn't know that compared to the second half of the 00s, 2005 wasn't a bad year. But hears for the 2010s...

Written By: Bryan on 11/17/10 at 6:01 pm

This is hard to believe but i was born in 95 and the little time i lived in the 90s was by FAR the best time in my life. New trends are taken way too seriouse these days. it seems that the older the world gets the more "wrong" is acceptable. Even the lyrics in music now has gotten so ridiculous that people dont even realize because they are brain washed by it. people spend so much time socializing on the computer (like we are doing now) that they forget the how less important the internet is than the real world. there is no way to take back the good days because the better technology is, the worse it will get.

Written By: 90steen on 11/25/10 at 12:40 am

I'd go back to the 90's just to be young again now. Still haven't gotten used to my 30's.

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/25/10 at 9:43 am

I couldn't stand life in my 20's...an extreme pain in the ass that was.

And I would STILL want to get a Time Machine and go back to 1996...and that Time Machine is a Hot Tub Time Machine!
http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2010/05/Hot-Tub-Time-Machine.jpg

Written By: Brian06 on 11/26/10 at 2:00 am

I'd love to go back to being a kid in the '90s and not having to work and pay bills now as an adult.

Written By: AIRAM on 12/19/11 at 11:29 pm

I was born in 1999 >:( and i don't care how good the stuff back then was then though i agree about the music all we have now is technolagy which i LOVE :D plus i think stop being depressed what happend happened so to bad IM AMERICAN AND IM PROUD 8-P ;D 8)

Written By: whistledog on 12/19/11 at 11:33 pm

I was born in 1999 >:( and i don't care how good the stuff back then was then though i agree about the music all we have now is technolagy which i LOVE :D plus i think stop being depressed what happend happened so to bad IM AMERICAN AND IM PROUD 8-P ;D 8)

I think it's past your bedtime

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 12/22/11 at 6:30 am

TRANSPORT ME BACK TO 1999!!! BEST TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!! and relive the millenium new years eve which i fell asleep to!!!!!!!!!!

1997-8 was personally a not so good family history but 1999 was DA BEST!!! but otherwise TRANSPORT ME TO ALL THE 90S culture!!!!

Written By: amjikloviet on 01/04/12 at 3:44 pm

So do i, its funny i did not feel that way five years ago. Would'nt even think about it, lol.

Written By: Ashes Of The Wake on 01/06/12 at 9:11 am

Transport me to 1990-1994. The years before i was born

Written By: SonicSega on 08/26/13 at 11:27 pm

I was born in 1997. I've grown up with a generation so incredibly brainwashed I barely see the point in their existence. I feel nostalgic for times I've never lived in. As I sit here listening to my CD player and typing on my Focus 2001 keyboard, I reminisce times when people had a little more personality. I may not have lived for very long in the 90's but, boy do I miss it.

Written By: Venomous Mask on 08/27/13 at 3:43 pm

If I ever got a chance to go live back in the 90s again, I would make sure it would be as a kid again; that's the key ingredient.  If one were to travel back to the decade of their youth as an adult, they would be just a jaded as they are nowadays.

Written By: XYkid on 08/27/13 at 6:02 pm

I certainly would go back to the 90s if I could, it's my favourite decade (in retrospect of course). Most of my favourite music, TV shows, and films all came out around then, plus the majority of my fashion choices wouldn't be out of place in the 90s.
Even so, I was born in '94, so really I can only remember the last two years of the 90s with any clarity. I grew up on a lot of 90s culture due to having older cousins that were born in the 70s and 80s. If I could be my current age in the grunge era, I think I'd be in music heaven.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/13 at 7:23 pm

In the 90's I graduated High School after that I attended vocational programs.

Written By: Zeb on 09/20/13 at 8:25 pm

If I were to go back to the 1990s there are three specific seasons of specific years in that decade I would like to live in.  I would like to go back to spring of 1992, Winter of 95/96 and Summer of 1998. 

Written By: warped on 09/21/13 at 11:04 am

If I were to go back to the 1990s there are three specific seasons of specific years in that decade I would like to live in.  I would like to go back to spring of 1992, Winter of 95/96 and Summer of 1998.

Sounds to me like you really had some great and memorable times during those periods you mentioned.  :)

Written By: Katluver on 09/21/13 at 11:50 am

Me too. I spent my youth in the 90s (yep, I'm old) so everything was fresh. I remember how I couldn't wait to get out of high school, but now I would do anything to go back there. I would definitely be doing a few things differently if I did go back to that decade.
What I miss about the 90s:
-reading those teen fashion magazines (YM, Seventeen...) on road trips
-the fantastic music (Nirvana, Pearl Jam, retro hits, dance techno...)
-great shows (The Wonder Years, My Called Life, Party of Five...)
-nostalgia for earlier decades (lots of reflections from the 60s and 70s)
-experimental fashion (ie. vinyl shoes)
-computers being optional rather than mandatory

Written By: Howard on 09/21/13 at 3:12 pm

I would like to go back to the winter of 1996 and experience the blizzard again.

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/22/13 at 11:59 am

I would go back to 1992/1993. I have so many fond memories of those years, like when I turned 13. And all the fun I had when I was 12! School days weren't so great, and they were ok. Music was my life back then and I would listen to the top 40 on the radio everyday. It was the top 40 with Casey Kasem  ;D The radio stations were 92 ProFM(Providence Rhode Island) and Kix 106. I knew every song by heart and when I was 12 to 19 I use to spend hours listening to the radio.<3

Written By: Zeb on 09/23/13 at 5:41 pm

Sounds to me like you really had some great and memorable times during those periods you mentioned.  :)

During the spring of 1992 I was in the first grade and really enjoying my life at that point because everything was so freaking simple.  I moved from my old house to the home I would live in until I was 22 during the winter of 95/96.  In the summer of 98 I spent a very special and fun week with my grandparents. I listened to the weekly top 40 all the time and I also memorized all the pop hits word for word.  I would hear both Casey and Rick Dees as well.

Check for new replies or respond here...