inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: please help me figure this out!!!!

Written By: cguarino05 on 10/14/05 at 2:55 pm

i used to watch this movie when i was about 5...i am 18 now so...ummm, it was a sing along kind of thing...i remember 2 songs from it, well 2 phrases from 2 songs of it. one of them when like this " we went tot he animal fair, the birds and the beasts were there, the big baboon by the light of the moon was combing his long hair, you shulda seen the monk, he sat on the elephants trunk, the elephant sneezed and fell on his knees, now what became of the monk" and the other one i remember goes like this "there's a hole in my bucket, dear mary dear mary, there's a hole in my bucket, dear mary, a hole..so fix it dear sally, dear sally, dear sally, so fix dear sally, dear sally, with grass..." dont know the rest of it, but would like to find out the name of the movie, it was a cartoon animated thing, and the vhs cover i remember as yellow w/ sumthing on it!!!please help! ;D

Subject: Re: please help me figure this out!!!!

Written By: Goleray on 10/18/05 at 12:04 am

i used to watch this movie when i was about 5...i am 18 now so...ummm, it was a sing along kind of thing...i remember 2 songs from it, well 2 phrases from 2 songs of it. one of them when like this " we went tot he animal fair, the birds and the beasts were there, the big baboon by the light of the moon was combing his long hair, you shulda seen the monk, he sat on the elephants trunk, the elephant sneezed and fell on his knees, now what became of the monk" and the other one i remember goes like this "there's a hole in my bucket, dear mary dear mary, there's a hole in my bucket, dear mary, a hole..so fix it dear sally, dear sally, dear sally, so fix dear sally, dear sally, with grass..." dont know the rest of it, but would like to find out the name of the movie, it was a cartoon animated thing, and the vhs cover i remember as yellow w/ sumthing on it!!!please help! ;D

I remember parts of the songs you wrote... was the movie animated?  If not you may be able to crossreference "musicals" from that time period to key in on what you're looking for....

Written By: cguarino05 on 10/20/05 at 9:57 am

yeah it was animated, a cartoon i guess actually..thanks for the advice tho :-)

Written By: alyceclover on 10/20/05 at 10:18 am

I know that first song...not where it's from tho', maybe it was from this show?
Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show (1984-1988)
have you searched the web for children's tv shows 1987, that might help
good luck in finding it

Written By: kairi747 on 10/21/05 at 11:03 pm

both of the songs are old!!  the first is called "animal fair."  i remember singing that in elementary school in the 60's!!  the other is called "there's a hole in the bucket" which origianlly went - "there's a hole in the bucket, dear liza, dear liza.  there's a hole in the bucket, dear liza, a hole.  fill it up then, dear henry..."

but anyway, sorry, i don't know the show you're talking about.

Written By: nycmystery on 10/25/05 at 6:53 pm

those are from a series of shows called singalong songs

Written By: cguarino05 on 11/01/05 at 10:28 am

thanks for the info guys. hopefully it'll help. i do appreciate it though :-)

Written By: vinyl lover on 11/02/05 at 10:06 pm

there is also another video i used to show my daughter..it was called the"LITTLE PEOPLE" SERIES..IT HAD The same songs on it

Written By: kairi747 on 11/03/05 at 6:17 pm

those are from a series of shows called singalong songs

oh!  are you thinking of kidsongs??  with alexander palm and christian buenaventura?

Written By: nycmystery on 11/03/05 at 10:13 pm

kids song?  omg i havnt heard that since my daughter was small,,she is 12 now,,,i always wanted to twist that buenaventura kids  face..he was too damn annoying  lol

Written By: Pam on 07/30/06 at 8:43 pm

Hi, I to am looking for this video, have you had any luck?

Written By: kairi747 on 08/12/06 at 5:45 pm

i have seen the kidsongs videos - at wlamart, i think.  i know i've seen them recently.  check ebay!

Written By: karlee on 10/14/08 at 9:27 pm

I remember parts of the songs you wrote... was the movie animated?  If not you may be able to crossreference "musicals" from that time period to key in on what you're looking for....

I know this hasnt been posted on in forever but I know what you are looking for!!!!!......Golden Book Music Video:   Sing, Giggle and Grin

Written By: karlee on 10/14/08 at 9:34 pm

here it is....  http://www.amazon.com/Golden-Book-Music-Video-Giggle/dp/6300156508

Check for new replies or respond here...