inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anybody remember "Yak Bak"?

Written By: TarzSp on 10/17/05 at 11:09 am

http://i17.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/30/84/1e_1_b.JPG

Well atleast for the people who were kids or young teens in the Mid 90's, you would probably remember this popular toy

It came out in 1995 and it was the coolest thing at the time (along with the Talkboy), but you could basically just hold down the "Say" button and talk into it and then press play and it plays back your message.  lol, I know it sounds corny as hell today because we have little radio recorders and what not, but this was awesome to us younger kids.  They even came out with a different version where you could talk into it and then press a button that says "Yalp" and it will play what you said Backwards!

I had a purple one that I got back when they originally came out and then I ended up losing it like 9 years ago, but luckily enough I just found it this past christmas in my Grandparents kitchen drawer  8)

Subject: Re: Anybody remember "Yak Bak"?

Written By: whistledog on 10/17/05 at 11:15 am

I remember Yak Bak.  Back in the mid 90's, that was top technology.  Nowadays, things like that are greatly improved

I bought a Yak Bak a few years ago at a flea market and it actually worked.  I don't know what I ever did with it  ???

Written By: TarzSp on 10/17/05 at 11:15 am

Sadly, mine doeset even work anymore  :(

I loved that thing though

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 10/17/05 at 11:34 am

I think my sister had one of those when we were younger...they were pretty cool.

Erin :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 10/17/05 at 11:40 am

I'm a huge fan of electronic thingies like this, although I never had one. The backwards thing is what would've sold me, LOL.

If I had it, I woulda used it on someone else all the time however - I absolutely HATE hearing my voice on tape. ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/17/05 at 1:23 pm

I remember Yak Bak, it was ok I guess, nothing to get really excited about.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/17/05 at 2:29 pm

I remember Yak Bak, it was ok I guess, nothing to get really excited about.

When you're a kid, it seems pretty amazing.  I'm sure it didn't appeal at all to Adults at the time

Written By: rich1981 on 10/17/05 at 4:24 pm

I never bought it, but I liked seeing those commercials, very hilarious!

Written By: nally on 10/25/05 at 3:46 pm

Sadly, mine doeset even work anymore :(

I loved that thing though

I had one until the battery died earlier this year. Then I threw it out. Those things can come in handy sometimes though. ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/28/05 at 2:48 am

I remember them, but I never owned one.... I remember those electronic pets, too, which came out around 1998.

Check for new replies or respond here...