inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Whoomp!/Woot There It Is (How did they do it?)

Written By: TarzSp on 10/20/05 at 5:15 pm

I was always confused by this.  The song "Whoomp! There It Is" hit the Top 40 Charts on June 12th, 1993, and then the song "Woot, There It Is" hit the Top 40 Charts 1 week later on June 19th, 1993

How Eerie is it that 2 Songs with basically identical names and practically identical Choruses would be released at about the same time?

I doubt that "Woot, There It Is" got it's idea from "Whoomp! There It Is", because they would have recorded the song before "Whoomp!" was ever released

Anyone else think this was weird?

Subject: Re: Whoomp!/Woot There It Is (How did they do it?)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/20/05 at 6:28 pm

Tag Team stole the Woot, There It Is song from 1-95, who recorded it first. I-95's version is much better and it's a song about derrieres. The other is simply a crap song for grandmas to dance to at weddings.

Written By: whistledog on 10/20/05 at 7:42 pm

There was also a 1995 cover version of it by Clock called "Whoomph! (There it Is)". I prefer it over both Tag Team and 95 South :)

http://www.vinylfind.co.uk/uploads/560.jpg

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/20/05 at 7:43 pm

There was also a 1995 cover version of it by Clock called "Whoomph! (There it Is)". I prefer it over both Tag Team and 95 South :)

http://www.vinylfind.co.uk/uploads/560.jpg

Close enough! LOL

Written By: TarzSp on 10/21/05 at 1:01 am

Tag Team stole the Woot, There It Is song from 1-95, who recorded it first. I-95's version is much better and it's a song about derrieres. The other is simply a crap song for grandmas to dance to at weddings.

How could they have stole it from I-95 when Tag Team's Version was released first? Plus, both songs hit the Top 40 Charts at about the same exact time, so how could either I-95 or Tag Team even know that the other song existed by the time they recorded and released theirs?

Written By: whistledog on 10/21/05 at 9:07 am

How could they have stole it from I-95 when Tag Team's Version was released first? Plus, both songs hit the Top 40 Charts at about the same exact time, so how could either I-95 or Tag Team even know that the other song existed by the time they recorded and released theirs?

Actually, the 95 South version was released a month before Tag Team's version.  I'm not sure how they release them so quickly, but many artists have done this before

Written By: TarzSp on 10/21/05 at 9:45 am

Actually, the 95 South version was released a month before Tag Team's version.  I'm not sure how they release them so quickly, but many artists have done this before

Let me rephrase, I didn't mean "Released", I meant that "Whoomp! There It Is" hit the Top 40 Charts a week before 95's version did

It would seem odd for a song to be a rip off of another song, yet the rip off hits the radio before the original song does. That's weird

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/21/05 at 10:55 am

Actually the song was played in many southern areas and other urban areas before public release in non-urban areas. It was out for some time before Tag Team's version. I heard the song just before I moved to Atlanta and when I lived in Atlanta. So it was very big in urban clubs. Tag Team's wasn't really a favorite of the urban clubs b/c it was seen as a rip-off and a mainstreamed version of it actually.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/21/05 at 10:56 am

Tag Team's version came out after 95 South's. See the post above!

Written By: TarzSp on 10/21/05 at 11:51 am

Well, I guess some how Tag Team managed to Record and Release "Whoomp! There It Is" in under a Month?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 10/21/05 at 12:55 pm

Yup. For some reason, most Miami based groups had rivalries to see who would be on top. Sad, but I totally see the intention behind this.

Written By: TarzSp on 10/21/05 at 1:19 pm

I guess it pissed off 95 South that "Whoomp! There It Is" ended up being much more Popular  :P

Check for new replies or respond here...