inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm doing a 90s party today!

Written By: Carly on 10/22/05 at 10:17 am

Hello!
I've been reading these forums a lot recently and I feel the same nostalgia most of you do for past decades. I was born in 1988 so most of my childhood was spent in the 90s... So this past Monday I turned 17, and I decided to do a 90s party... Everyone was like "But what am I gonna wear?" so I just told them to do some research  ::) :P ... I am gonna wear an old Guess shirt with an unbuttoned shirt on top, some baggy jeans, a flannel shirt tied to my waist and a pair of tennis shoes.  :D I look soo 90s... And all the music is from the 90s... I burned a few CD's, one is Rock songs (very grunge and a bit punk - Collective Soul, Nirvana, Blink 182, etc.) Another CD is pure Pop music (Britney, Spice Girls, Backsteet Boys, TLC, the Macarena, Vengaboys, etc.) and another one is more Dance oriented (all those early 90s songs!!)

So it's starting in a couple of hours and I'm excited! I wanna see how people will dress up!

Subject: Re: I'm doing a 90s party today!

Written By: TarzSp on 10/22/05 at 10:43 am

You're so lucky.  It would be fun to have a 90's Oriented Birthday Party

I only had 1 Birthday Party in my entire life and that was for my 8th Birthday back in 1994

And nice choices with the Music (especially Collective Soul)

For the Punk/Grunge I would also add in some 90's Green Day songs and also some Third Eye Blind, oh and definately some Gin Blossoms

For the Pop, I would add in some 90's Mariah Carey/Michael Jackson/Madonna

Those are just some suggestions I thought I would throw out  8)

Written By: Carly on 10/22/05 at 1:04 pm

Yeh I do have Mariah and Madonna in there, but I forgot Green Day!! Well anyways, the party starts in 3 hours...  :D

Written By: TarzSp on 10/22/05 at 1:15 pm

Crap, I just thought of some others, can't believe I forgot about "Smashing Pumpkins", "En Vogue", and "Seal"

Have fun at the party  :)

Written By: Audrey on 10/22/05 at 1:50 pm

Oh my gosh that's an awesome idea for a Bday party!  Sounds fun!  Let us know how it all turned out!!!

I remember in like '96 when I would go to markets with my mom to sell plants.  I used to wear tennis shoes, baggy jeans, and an unbuttoned flanel shirt over a red t-shirt.  At the time I was just wearing what I saw some other kid wearing.  It wasn't till recently that I realized I was actually in style at the time!  Haha.

Check for new replies or respond here...