inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Seven

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/02/05 at 10:06 am

Who here has the movie Seven?  It's one of my favorites and still manages to be creepy after seeing it for the fifth time.

Subject: Re: Seven

Written By: TarzSp on 11/02/05 at 1:32 pm

I've seen it before, but I haven't seen it in years.  I keep hearing everyone talking about how shocking the twist ending was, yet I don't even remember there being any twist ending

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 11/02/05 at 2:50 pm

As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the greatest films ever made. David Fincher should have won an Oscar for Best Director.

Written By: Harmonica on 11/02/05 at 7:09 pm

Like a lot of movies the ending was a dissapointment to me.  Kevin Spacy's character was almost a sort of hero in a way, a sick hero that you would never want to become, a sick hero that you would never ever want in real life, but the dark side to you longs for. One the destroys the evils in life through evil I suppose.  When he killed the woman and unborn baby at the end it destroyed that magic for me.  They weren't evil, so it didn't tie in.

I'm a writer by the way, so take into consideration that I'm doing my best to think from the mind of Kevin Spacy's character.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/02/05 at 8:43 pm

I've seen it before, but I haven't seen it in years.  I keep hearing everyone talking about how shocking the twist ending was, yet I don't even remember there being any twist ending

SPOILER

Kevin Spacey's charecter, John Doe, the one responsible for all the killings in the film, wanted to show examples of punishment for sins, because he was tired of how apathetic people where becoming.

He kills Detective Mills's wife (played by Gwyneth Paltrow), because Doe envied their life together, making him guilty of sin number six, envy.

In order for his work to be completed, murder number seven, wraith has to take place. Doe killed Mills' wife, so that Mill can kill Doe.

Sommerset tries to stop Mills, but it too late.... Doe showded him the "package", his wife's head, Mills flipped out and killed Doe.

THE END

Whew!.......  ::)  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...