inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: i'm doing a project can you guys help me??

Written By: mikah on 11/03/05 at 10:41 pm

i have this english project and i have to get information on each of these subjects: state of mind, the economy, politics, scandals, prohibition, women, american fashion, entertainment, and music that happened during the decade of the 90's. could you guys help me and give me some facts?? i would really appreciate it :)

Subject: Re: i'm doing a project can you guys help me??

Written By: TarzSp on 11/03/05 at 11:19 pm

You might have to be more specific than that

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 11/05/05 at 6:33 pm

Music:
grunge: Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains to name a few
Rap-metal: Rage Against the Machine, Limp Bizkit, and P.O.D.(P.O.D. started in 1992, signed to Atlantic Records in 1999)
Alt-rock:No Doubt, Live, Bush, Oasis, Gin Blossoms, Weezer
Scandals-Charles Keating and the Savings and Loan mismanagement scandals,Prez Clinton sex scandals of which there were a few
Politics:George Bush the first, and then Democrat Bill Clinton in the White House
Fashion: Grunge look..
I'll post more stuff when I think of it...

Written By: mikah on 11/07/05 at 11:35 pm

^^^than you sooooo much.. :)

Written By: mikah on 11/07/05 at 11:55 pm

examples:

decade of the 20's

-state of mind:after the first world war, with the great loss of life and the dillusion that it brought, the u.s. turned inward. the country isolated itself from world affairs.

-prohibition:the eighteenth amendment(1919) banned the sale of alcoholic beverages. bootleggers and speakasies thrived as more and more men and women flouted the law and the moral code it dictated.

-women: the nineteenth amendment (1920) gave women the right to vote in state and u.s. elections. women began exercising their freedom in new ways. flappers  were young women who showed disdain for conventional dress and behavior.

could you guys help me on getting info on these subjets: state of mind, prohibiton, and women in the decades of the 90's??  :) :) :)

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/08/05 at 12:26 am

Google and wikipedia are your friends.  8)

http://www.google.com
http://en.wikipedia.org

Check for new replies or respond here...