inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: was this a dream or an actual film?

Written By: snozberries on 11/20/05 at 11:51 am

So confession time... I have vivid sometimes really horrible nightmares.

The problem is the dreams are so vivid that when I remember them years later I can't tell if what I am remember was something I actually saw or something I dreamed. 

A good example of this was being plagued with nightmares about a woman in a straight jacket throwing herself around a rubber room.  I was 12 before I saw Lady Sings the Blues and realized that I was dreaming about a scene from the film (in their infinite wisdom my parents took me to an original screening of the film in 1972...I WAS FIVE!!!)

Anyway-  I have been remembering something from about 10 years ago and I need to know if it was one of those Lady Sings the Blues moments or if it was just another creepy dream (GEEZ I SOOO!!! need therapy....

I remember a couple of teens (maybe a boy and girl but not sure about this)  they were hunting a treasure (NO NOT GOONIES :) )
All I really see is the end.  They are underground, in a basement or cave (STILL NOT GOONIES  :) )
They find this treasure and realize that it is gold the Nazi stole from the Jews during the Holocaust  .  The really sick part, I hope I don't offend anyone, is that there were a lot of teeth in the treasure as if there were many gold fillings in the 40's and maybe even skulls. 

Really I don't remember much else there may have been a Nazi guarding the treasure but I don't know... I may be pulling some character from the old Wonder Woman series and adding him to this image...

Okay so I know its a weird one but if anyone as seen something similar to this let me know.

Subject: Re: was this a dream or an actual film?

Written By: zcrito on 11/20/05 at 7:21 pm

Nazis, gold, and gold fillings ? Maybe 1976's "Marathon Man"  with Dustin Hoffman ?
Just a guess.

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/05 at 10:13 am

Nazis, gold, and gold fillings ? Maybe 1976's "Marathon Man"

Written By: Schillingfan on 11/25/05 at 6:08 pm

I thought it might have been "Tom and Huck" because they were two teens (I've never seen the movie). But I didn't think that it was the movie.

Check for new replies or respond here...