inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oasis

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 11/24/05 at 3:30 am

Love them, hate them... it's almost gaurenteed that you have heard at least 1 Oasis song... (I don't know where I'm going with this  ::))

Anyway, just vote for your favourite Oasis song from the list above.  8)

I pick Don't Look Back In Anger off their second best album (Supersonic being the first) What The Story?

Subject: Re: Oasis

Written By: Tecoma Cowboy on 11/24/05 at 3:50 am

[quote author=

Written By: whistledog on 11/24/05 at 11:58 am

Never was much of a fan of theirs, but I did like D'ya Know What I Mean

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/05 at 11:59 am

Definitely Don't Look Back In Anger

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/24/05 at 12:42 pm

champagne supernova, followed by Don't Look Back in Anger, Wonderwall, and the Importance of Being Idle

Written By: mandamoo on 11/26/05 at 6:10 am

'Wonderwall' here and I love every song off 'What's the Story...'  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 11/26/05 at 2:23 pm

Champaigne Superova

Written By: nally on 12/01/05 at 2:33 pm

I am most familiar with their hits "Wonderwall" and "Champagne Supernova", both of which were hits in the U.S. in early 1996. (Excuse me if I sound like Ellipsis here.) I may vote for "Wonderwall."

Written By: Southern Image on 12/01/05 at 3:18 pm

Don't Look Back In Anger

Written By: holicman on 12/03/05 at 4:58 am

Im tied between Morning Golry adn hteir new one Lyla which is very very catchy.

Written By: Paul on 12/03/05 at 7:18 am

An outfit that I've never much cared for, truth be told, but even I can't deny the magnificence of 'What's The Story...'

...and from that, 'Don't Look Back In Anger'

Trouble is, how do you follow-up an album like that?

Sadly, they're still trying...

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 12/05/05 at 12:46 pm

I like champign supernova and I remember the SNL skit with the british prime minster's address and question skit and will ferrel plays some guy and sang wonderwall and got beat up for it

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 12/13/05 at 9:27 pm

"Champagne Supernova."  The best one I saw them do live, though, was "Slide Away" from the first album.

Written By: mrgazpacho on 12/17/05 at 7:16 am

Don't look Back In Anger - an obvious homage to the Beatles (check the chord progression in the piano intro - it sounds almost exactly like the opening of Let It Be); soaring, almost epic vocals; a video featuring a classic English country mansion and to top it all off, Patrick MacNee! ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/17/05 at 7:59 am

Don't look Back In Anger - an obvious homage to the Beatles (check the chord progression in the piano intro - it sounds almost exactly like the opening of Let It Be); soaring, almost epic vocals; a video featuring a classic English country mansion and to top it all off, Patrick MacNee! ;D
...sounds almost exactly like the opening of Let It Be.

Need we say more?

Written By: Echo Nomad on 01/19/06 at 1:17 am

One of my favorite memories involves me and two of my friends singing "Champaign Supernova" at a lock and dam overlook. I think the seniors on a tour bus though we were just a bunch of loudmouth "hooloigans".

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/19/06 at 8:36 am

Don't Look Back In Anger

Written By: gmann on 01/19/06 at 12:14 pm

Though I'm more of a fan now than I was in the early days, my thoughts on Oasis are forever colored by my memory of their first US tour. I recall hearing a DJ on the local alternative station complaining about how Liam spit on some fans in Cleveland or somewhere in '94. 

Check for new replies or respond here...