inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help with a certain song

Written By: val on 12/06/05 at 5:17 pm

There was this song i heard, not exactly sure when 90-99. It was a chick singing, someone playing a violin. I don't know any of the lyrics really, all i can remember is "...they're coming again..." I think anyways. It was like Irish or Scottish.If anyone has any idea what I talking about I could really use some help. Thanks :-\\

Subject: Re: Need help with a certain song

Written By: FaultyDog on 12/07/05 at 5:57 am

Well, val, this could be just about anything... :-\\

I was thinking it might be a song by the Cranberries, but there doesn't appear to be any song with the lyrics you gave... :-\\

So I'm kinda at a loss here. Could you give us some more information, like: was it uptempo, midtempo or a ballad? Was it a band or a solo artist? Any other clues (like where did you hear the song? Maybe you've seen the video?) could also prove to be helpful.

Written By: karen on 12/07/05 at 8:47 am

Could be Enya?

Subject: Thanks

Written By: val on 12/07/05 at 3:30 pm

Well, val, this could be just about anything... :-\\

I was thinking it might be a song by the Cranberries, but there doesn't appear to be any song with the lyrics you gave... :-\\

So I'm kinda at a loss here. Could you give us some more information, like: was it uptempo, midtempo or a ballad? Was it a band or a solo artist? Any other clues (like where did you hear the song? Maybe you've seen the video?) could also prove to be helpful.

No not the cranberries, or enya, it was midtempo, had an irish sound, not a well known band, or singer. I saw the video when I was younger, There was a girl singing, a guy(i think) playing the violin. They were in the desert or something like that. The video was on Much Music, a channel out of Canada. It was mid ninties I think. I wish I could remember more, but I can't.

Written By: audkal on 12/07/05 at 10:19 pm

Could it be a song by The Corrs?  (I'm not totally sure though, the only song I know by the Corrs is "The Right Time").  But just a guess.

Written By: ktelqueen on 12/07/05 at 11:18 pm

Mary Jane Lamond with Ashley MacIsaac comes to mind..Sleepy Maggie  :)

Written By: whistledog on 12/07/05 at 11:51 pm

Mary Jane Lamond with Ashley MacIsaac comes to mind..Sleepy Maggie

Subject: YES

Written By: val on 12/18/05 at 3:39 pm

:D Yes I think that is the one. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. now i can sleep. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...