inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fabio

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/05 at 8:03 am

Anyone here remember Fabio? He was the model who did mostly romance book covers, and had girls and woman drool all over him.

I remember when he got hit by a goose!  ;D

Subject: Re: Fabio

Written By: whistledog on 12/11/05 at 11:15 am

I remember Fabio.  Last thing I saw him in was an episode of the sitcom "Yes, Dear".  As the eposide went, Jimmy wanted to do a list of things that he made years ago, and one of them was to dance with a supermodel, so his buddy got Fabio to dance with him  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/05 at 11:36 am

;D

Written By: Harmonica on 12/12/05 at 12:48 am

Anyone here remember Fabio? He was the model who did mostly romance book covers, and had girls and woman drool all over him.

I remember when he got hit by a goose!

Written By: Carl on 12/12/05 at 3:10 pm

Allegedly, he dated one of the 'Average Joe' female contestants.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/05 at 1:56 pm

I don't remember the goose incident but I really hated his "I can't believe it's not butter" commercial.  ::)

I think what really appealed to women about him (aside from his looks) was the romantic quality about him. Most guys don't realize that women like romance and it seems to be lacking in many relationships. Yeah, I was attracted to him until I got myself a guy who gives me the romance that I was craving.

My advice to you guys-give your woman the romance she craves. Trust me, she will LOVE it and show you exactly how much she loves it.  ;)

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 12/13/05 at 8:11 pm

Apparently, Fabio got all of the looks in his family ...  ;D

Written By: leslie on 12/15/05 at 10:04 pm

I have always hated that guy. He is butt ugly. Why would anyone want to look at him. Let alone watch him on TV. He couldn't even talk right. What is the goose story? I never heard it.

I remember when he got hit by a goose!

Written By: Marty McFly on 12/18/05 at 8:54 am

I always thought of him as the romantic, slightly more "foreign" version of Ahh-nold.

Remember the *cue thick accent* "I can't believe it's not butter" commercial? ;D

Okay, on a serious note though -- I think it's a similar thing with Michael Bolton and why he had such a big female following. Kind of that storybook romantic allure. Yeah I admit, I'm a big softie, so I'm a fan of that stuff. I understand where they're coming from (even though my dating experience, especially for my age, is pitifully slim!).

Check for new replies or respond here...