inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Insensitive

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 01/02/06 at 12:51 pm

Who sang that "Insensitive" song?

Subject: Re: Insensitive

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/02/06 at 1:26 pm

It could be Canadian singer, Jann Arden.

Written By: jackas on 01/03/06 at 5:13 pm

Jamie is correct, Jan Arden.  I love that song. :)

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 01/05/06 at 5:30 am

This is a great song from Jann Arden. I haven't heard it in a while, but the lyrics are very moving...

Written By: jackas on 01/05/06 at 8:58 am

This is a great song from Jann Arden. I haven't heard it in a while, but the lyrics are very moving...

Yes they are.  I posted them here a few weeks back.  http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,9835.msg714345.html#msg714345

Written By: star500 on 01/07/06 at 9:12 pm

Really? I thought it was Sheryl Crow who sang that song.... ;D oh well.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/07/06 at 9:46 pm

that is a really great song! I wonder what ever happened to her, you don't hear of her anymore, do you? ???

Written By: nally on 01/10/06 at 3:33 pm

Yes, it was by Jann Arden. I heard that song on the radio a couple weeks ago for the first time in ages. It was a big hit for her in 1996...ten years ago already!! :o

I'm tempted to think of her as a one-hit wonder, given that it was her only U.S. hit, but she could've had hits in other countries as well, such as her native homeland of Canada.

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/10/06 at 3:47 pm

that is a really great song! I wonder what ever happened to her, you don't hear of her anymore, do you? ???

She just closed her restaurant here in Calgary and I believe she has just finished a new album which would mean she will be promoting it again soon.  Apparently her and my Aunt are quite good friends.  She uses her air miles to fly my Aunt and her other girlfriends to where she is playing so that she doesn't get lonely.  I've met her, she's absolutely one of the funniest people I've ever met.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/10/06 at 7:03 pm

Cool!

Written By: nally on 01/11/06 at 10:34 pm

She just closed her restaurant here in Calgary and I believe she has just finished a new album which would mean she will be promoting it again soon.  Apparently her and my Aunt are quite good friends.  She uses her air miles to fly my Aunt and her other girlfriends to where she is playing so that she doesn't get lonely.  I've met her, she's absolutely one of the funniest people I've ever met.

You've met Jann Arden herself?? :o :o

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/12/06 at 12:17 pm

You've met Jann Arden herself?? :o :o

I can't tell if you're teasing or not!  She's not really a huge celebrity in Calgary.  I don't know if she is anywhere else, she's normal and hangs out every where.  She was born and raised here.  If your teasing, stop it! :D

Written By: nally on 01/12/06 at 12:28 pm

I can't tell if you're teasing or not!  She's not really a huge celebrity in Calgary.  I don't know if she is anywhere else, she's normal and hangs out every where.  She was born and raised here.  If your teasing, stop it! :D

No, seriously. ;) :-\\

I, to this date, have NOT met anyone famous. I have, however, seen a few famous people in person.

Written By: barefootrobin on 01/12/06 at 1:08 pm

No, seriously. ;) :-\\

I, to this date, have NOT met anyone famous. I have, however, seen a few famous people in person.

Oooh.  One time in Medicine Hat Alberta, I was in a restaurant the Police came in (the band with Sting not the 50) I flirted with them outrageously until my date drug me out. ::)

Written By: Marty McFly on 01/12/06 at 4:50 pm

Yeah, it's a good song. A bit "old school" for 1996 -- that might sound like a nice way of saying it was dated, but it just sounds more like an early 90's pop/rock ballad (not a bad thing though).

It's funny, but at the time, not only did I confuse it with Joan Osbourne's "One of Us" (similar sound, IMO), but she looked quite different than I'd imagined after hearing the song on the radio - I pictured her as blonde for whichever reason, LOL. ;)

Written By: Echo Nomad on 01/19/06 at 1:03 am

Oddly I remember my parents taking this song to heart becuase it reminded them of how one of their friends were being treated.

Written By: nally on 01/24/06 at 3:12 pm

Oooh.  One time in Medicine Hat Alberta, I was in a restaurant the Police came in (the band with Sting not the 50) I flirted with them outrageously until my date drug me out. ::)

(says nothing) :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...