inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Salute Your Shorts

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/08/06 at 1:20 am

I loved this show back in the day. It, and Pete and Pete were my two favorite shows.

Ug, Donkey Lips, etc.  ;D

"Camp Anawana, we hold you in our hearts.."

I always wanted to go to summer camp because of it but i never did..

Subject: Re: Salute Your Shorts

Written By: bbigd04 on 01/08/06 at 1:23 am

Yea I used to watch that show along with all the other stuff on nick. Man it's been so long since I've seen it. I'll never forget that theme song, lol.

Written By: deadrockstar on 01/08/06 at 1:28 am

Yea I used to watch that show along with all the other stuff on nick. Man it's been so long since I've seen it. I'll never forget that theme song, lol.

Remember the episode with "Zed" where Danny got the crap scared out of him? Or the one where Donkey Lips was a secret admirer to Dina? Good times.  ;D

I haven't seen it in forever either.. I wonder if it and Pete & Pete are out on DVD; might have to pick them up.

Written By: McDonald on 01/08/06 at 10:04 am

There's a few episodes floating around the Gnutella network, if you guys feel like seeing any.

Written By: MotleyCrueFan'05 on 01/09/06 at 1:31 pm

:D ;D I hope this comes out on DVD soon

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/09/06 at 4:49 pm

I absol "freakin' utely LOVED this show! I wouldn't miss it everytime it was on.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 01/09/06 at 4:54 pm

I used to watch it a lot, along with that Freshman show and the Dude Ranch show, but I haven't seen it in so long, that it's really faded from my memory. Actually, all three shows, except for their names, have just about disappeared from my memory.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/10/06 at 2:05 am

I absol "freakin' utely LOVED this show! I wouldn't miss it everytime it was on.
  Me too Erin.. I LOVED UG!!!!  I saw him on an episode of Arliss I was watching with my boyfriend.. It was so funny.. when I saw him I said "UG" and then started singing the theme song!  LOL>>. He had NO idea what I was doing < he never does>.. i liked that show, reminded me of summer camp as a kid.... :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/10/06 at 1:23 pm

Me too Erin.. I LOVED UG!!!!  I saw him on an episode of Arliss I was watching with my boyfriend.. It was so funny.. when I saw him I said "UG" and then started singing the theme song!   LOL>>. He had NO idea what I was doing < he never does>.. i liked that show, reminded me of summer camp as a kid.... :)

same here! My sisters and I would have this ritual (the week or so before leaving for summer camp)....we would watch TONS of Salute Your Shorts, and Ernest Goes to Camp....to kinda get us in the camping mood! :)

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/11/06 at 2:32 am

same here! My sisters and I would have this ritual (the week or so before leaving for summer camp)....we would watch TONS of Salute Your Shorts, and Ernest Goes to Camp....to kinda get us in the camping mood! :)
  Thats cute.... I loved summer camp!  I heard they have it for adults but u know what?  it wouldnt be the same

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/06 at 6:55 am

Thats cute.... I loved summer camp!  I heard they have it for adults but u know what?  it wouldnt be the same

no, definitely not. Infact...after I grew up and became a teenager, I became a camp counselor for my church camp during the summer...and although it was somewhat fun, it didn't compare at all to those days of being a camper.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 01/12/06 at 10:22 pm

You know what erin?  I was a camp counselor too and u are so right, not the same.  I was working a day camp too and it wasnt the same but it was fun.. I love kids... It was neat showing them boondoggle and p butter and jelly sandwiches with banana in it... YUMMO!

Written By: Harmonica on 01/13/06 at 5:38 pm

The show was great, never was really sure why they got rid of the blonde haired kid and replaced him.

Check for new replies or respond here...