inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Redd Foxx's final sitcom

Written By: Carl on 01/25/06 at 9:44 am

Around '91 or so, It was called the 'Royal Family', what was it about? As I remember,sadly, he passed away on the set. Truly a shock to me at the time.

Subject: Re: Redd Foxx's final sitcom

Written By: gmann on 01/25/06 at 12:59 pm

I remember "The Royal Family". It was a comeback vehicle for Redd Foxx, and was doing well in the ratings prior to his death. I don't recall the premise exactly, but Foxx's character lived with Della Reese (she of later "Touched By an Angel" fame) and her kids. I'm not sure, but I want to say that Redd's character was a postal worker. When he died, CBS executives brought in Sondra Clark of 227 as Redd's "long lost daughter" to fill the gap. It didn't work. Not surprisingly, the show was later cancelled after being put on hiatus.

Written By: whistledog on 01/25/06 at 1:04 pm

I remember The Royal Family.  

The premise was about a happily married old couple who had just settled down to retire, when their recently divorced daughter moves back home with her three kids

It was actually quite a popular show in the first part of 1991. but when Foxx died on the set that same year, the show went on hiatus.  When it returned in early 1992, audneices had lost interest, so FOX didn't renew the series for a second season

(pretty much all that gmann said, but since I just spent like 5 minutes typing this out, I'm gonna post it anyway LOL)

Written By: gmann on 01/25/06 at 1:10 pm

[quote author=whis

Check for new replies or respond here...