inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trying to remember 2 movies

Written By: ck1247 on 02/01/06 at 8:36 am

One of the movies was about a little kid that gets turned into a monster. I remember the song Monster Mash was played during it and for some reason a monster or the kid liked peanut butter and something sandwiches.

The other movie was about two kids. One of them was white and in the very beginning of the movie they showed his dad having a heart attack and dying in the hospital. The second kid was black I don't remember his story but I know they became good friends during the movie. Any help would be appreciated

Subject: Re: Trying to remember 2 movies

Written By: star500 on 02/01/06 at 3:57 pm

One of the movies was about a little kid that gets turned into a monster. I remember the song Monster Mash was played during it and for some reason a monster or the kid liked peanut butter and something sandwiches.

The other movie was about two kids. One of them was white and in the very beginning of the movie they showed his dad having a heart attack and dying in the hospital. The second kid was black I don't remember his story but I know they became good friends during the movie. Any help would be appreciated

Well, I think the 1st movie you are talking about is Little Monsters, which stars Fred Savage and Howie Mandel. I looked it up on IMDB's website and a lot of people mentioned that the little boy in the movie liked to eat peanut butter and onion sandwiches...ewwwww... :P

I'm not really sure about the 2nd movie you mentioned, I thought it might have been called A Desperate Exit, which was an After-school special about a black guy who seemed to have it all and then decided to commit suicide and his white best friend who struggles to deal with losing him. It starred Malcolm Jamal-Warner from the Cosby show on it and Rob Stone, who guest starred on a bunch of TV shows such as Matlock.

Subject: Re: Trying to remember 2 movies

Written By: ckane1247 on 02/06/06 at 8:51 pm

No I don't think it was little monsters this kid actually turned into a monster and he kind of looked like a puppet. The only other thing I can remember about the other movie is that the boy and his dad were fishing for perch in the very beginning of the movie and he got pulled out of school when his dad had a heart attack.

Check for new replies or respond here...