inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dutch - Ed O'Neil Film

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/17/06 at 1:34 pm

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1000/47182.1000.A.JPG

Anyone remember this movie? I always thought it was really funny and often overlooked. They use to play it on TBS or TNT from time to time, but I know longer see it airing at all.

Subject: Re: Dutch - Ed O'Neil Film

Written By: whistledog on 02/17/06 at 1:40 pm

I loved this film.  The kid in that movie is Ethan Embry, who would later co-star with Ed on the ABC police drama "LA Dragnet"

I remember in an episode of "Married, With Children", they were making fun of the fact that Dutch was a bomb.  In the scene, Peg and Kelly walked into a video store, and there was a whole rack of Dutch VHS copies that said "Free, take one", which of course nobody was doing ;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/17/06 at 1:46 pm

And of course, Ed knows how to laugh at himself.  In another episode of "Married, With Children", the Bundy's were going to the UK.  The pilot on the airplane says "Will the man in first class please put your shoes back on, I'm choking to death" and then Al says "They're showing the movie Dutch, and they think I stink" ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/17/06 at 3:02 pm

Yeah, it was really sad it got such a poor rap on it. I recommend "Dutch" to anyone who has liked "Plains, Trains and Automobiles," "Home Alone," etc. It's a John Hughes film, too.

I actually remember that 2-Parter episode of the Bundy's going to England (visiting some haunted or mysterious castle they somehow inherited or something, lol). I LOVED watching "Married with Children," as well.

Written By: Skippy(in but out) on 02/18/06 at 1:55 am

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1000/47182.1000.A.JPG

Anyone remember this movie? I always thought it was really funny and often overlooked. They use to play it on TBS or TNT from time to time, but I know longer see it airing at all.

It was on FMC the other night/morning. They usually re-air movies about every 2 weeks or so.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/20/06 at 1:57 am

It was on FMC the other night/morning. They usually re-air movies about every 2 weeks or so.

Thanks Skippy. I have really had an urge to see it as it's been at least 10 years since I last remember seeing it!

Check for new replies or respond here...