inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 90s snack food you can no longer find

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/18/06 at 5:59 am

Is there any snack food (I'm talking an actual type of snack food, not just a brand.etc, that was widely available in supermarkets) that was common in the 90s but is nigh impossible to find today? One example I can think of here in Australia are the Crunch Muesli Bars (made mainly by Uncle Tobies, but different brands) which I remember as a kid but haven't seen for ages.

Subject: Re: 90s snack food you can no longer find

Written By: Webstor on 02/18/06 at 7:51 am

Pizzeria Chips made by Keebler

They had 3 types..cheese,pepperoni,and supreme........  man i miss those

Written By: Sarah1183 on 02/18/06 at 12:18 pm

Sprinkle Spangles cereal.

Fruit Roll Ups & Fruit Wrinkles.

Orbitz drink.

...I'll try to think of more.

Written By: Mephistopheles on 02/18/06 at 1:48 pm

Are Dunkaroos still around?

Written By: Roadgeek on 02/18/06 at 2:05 pm

The good Starburst. This was before they modifided the good flavors. :P

Written By: audkal on 02/18/06 at 9:42 pm

Oh gosh, there was this one fruit snack I remember, it was called "Fruit String Thing" by Betty Crocker.  It was a "string" that was fruit flavored candy, and it was laid down on a piece of cardboard (looked like a picture, or was sometimes just a swirl), and you peeled it from the cardboard and ate it--good stuff.

Written By: rich1981 on 02/18/06 at 10:21 pm

Does Shock Tarts ring a bell? I remember these as being sweet-tart like but stronger in flavor.

Written By: Layla_May on 02/18/06 at 10:25 pm

A lot of fruit snacks I remember are no longer around. There were these Garfield ones and another kind shaped like this bear family and a unicorn friend of theirs.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/18/06 at 11:28 pm

Yeah...I remember the heyday of fruit snacks in the mid-90s when I was in elementary school. Everybody showed off their fruit roll ups and fruit wrinkles competitively...I always felt left out for not having them. And Gushers were much more common until the early '00s. Also, remember the Cap'N Crunch commercials from the mid-90s? I remember them being very distinctive.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/18/06 at 11:57 pm

Combos are hard to find these days... for those who aren't familiar, they are pretzel tubes stuffed with cheese.  I sometimes find them in convenience stores, but I can't find them in the grocery stores anymore.

Written By: Cafe80s on 02/19/06 at 7:28 am

Is there any snack food (I'm talking an actual type of snack food, not just a brand.etc, that was widely available in supermarkets) that was common in the 90s but is nigh impossible to find today? One example I can think of here in Australia are the Crunch Muesli Bars (made mainly by Uncle Tobies, but different brands) which I remember as a kid but haven't seen for ages.

Another few snacks from Australia that were around in the early 90s that you can't get anymore were Muncheros (which were just corn chips shredded into smaller pieces & with sea salt on them & Arnott's Nix Nax(spelling?). They were both from about 1993 & weren't around for long if i recall.

Written By: audkal on 02/19/06 at 9:17 am

Combos are hard to find these days... for those who aren't familiar, they are pretzel tubes stuffed with cheese.   I sometimes find them in convenience stores, but I can't find them in the grocery stores anymore.

Loved Combos and still do!  Luckily where I live they always have a nice supply at Meijers.  8)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/19/06 at 11:00 am

The only one I can think of is Dunkaroos. They may still be made but I havent seen any in 7-8 years. But I do agree that even though there still around Gushers and Fruit Roll-ups seem to be a lot harder to find at least where I live anyway.

Written By: velvetoneo on 02/19/06 at 11:04 am

Oh yeah, combos! I used to love those things. And Dunkaroos aren't terribly common anymore.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/19/06 at 2:58 pm

I can't remember the full name but they were these Koala bears filled with chocolate........they were so yummy; I could eat them by the ton. 

Written By: Roadgeek on 02/19/06 at 4:43 pm

Loved Combos and still do!

Me too. I like the pretzel/pizza and the pepperoni.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 02/19/06 at 5:44 pm

I love Combos... U can still find them though... I had some the other day... I like the old cracker ones with the cheddar but the Pretzel ones are yummy too....  LOL

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/19/06 at 5:53 pm

Combos are hard to find these days... for those who aren't familiar, they are pretzel tubes stuffed with cheese.   I sometimes find them in convenience stores, but I can't find them in the grocery stores anymore.

Yeah, I only see them in 7-11 strangely enough (I wonder if that's just a South Bay thing, LOL).

This is more early '90s, even late '80s, but does anyone recall a snack mix called Doo Dads? They're basically identical to Chex Mix etc, but I always thought it was a teeny bit better.

P.S. Not a snack food per se, but I miss the old logo for Doritos in the pre 1993 era or so. More boxy and plain, but I liked it. :D

Written By: audkal on 02/19/06 at 10:35 pm

I love Combos... U can still find them though... I had some the other day... I like the old cracker ones with the cheddar

Yes those are the best!  8)

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 02/20/06 at 8:05 am

Does Shock Tarts ring a bell? I remember these as being sweet-tart like but stronger in flavor.
Those are still sold here in California.

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/20/06 at 8:37 am

Yeah...I remember the heyday of fruit snacks in the mid-90s when I was in elementary school. Everybody showed off their fruit roll ups and fruit wrinkles competitively...I always felt left out for not having them. And Gushers were much more common until the early '00s. Also, remember the Cap'N Crunch commercials from the mid-90s? I remember them being very distinctive.

I always Roll-ups (like Muesli Bars) were a distinctly Australian thing, but then again, I don't know much about roll-ups at all. I do remember how they would stick to my teeth and the roof of my mouth how my fingers got all sticky from picking at my teeth (from saliva mixed with sugar). They advertised them as if they were real-fruit pieces; they just happened to taste like candy.

Written By: Kryllith on 02/21/06 at 8:34 am

Yeah, we have Shock Tarts all over the place here, although in some places the name has been changed to Sweet Tart Shockers. They're the same candy, and have pretty much the same packaging, just a slight modification to the name.

Written By: 505Panther on 02/21/06 at 9:27 am

I also remember the old Pizzeria Chips. Those things were pretty good.

I haven't seen Shock Tarts in any regularity in a long time, but now and then you can find them around here. Orbits, I remember when that stuff came out, and everyone thought it was the coolest thing in the world. Combos are drowning us here, they're still pretty popular.

God, Dunkaroos were horrible.

Written By: SpaceHog on 02/21/06 at 12:10 pm

There were these Chocolate things that had sprinkles on them, they came out about '94-'95. They also had plain. I cant think of the name of the snack.

Written By: DaChazman on 02/21/06 at 7:57 pm

They're still around, but now they're called "Shockers". They're really good, but they always make me feel kinda sick after eating them.

Written By: McDonald on 02/23/06 at 11:51 am

I loved those things. Doritos came out with a pizza flavour for a while after that, but those are gone too. Shame.

Written By: ADH13 on 02/24/06 at 12:15 am

There were these Chocolate things that had sprinkles on them, they came out about '94-'95. They also had plain. I cant think of the name of the snack.

Sno-Caps?  If you're talking about Sno-Caps they actually were around in the late 70's, I think... then they disappeared (as far as I know) for a long time, and reappeared in movie theater snack bars during the 90's... They come in the same type of package as Goobers and Raisin-ets.

Written By: SpaceHog on 02/24/06 at 8:56 am

No, they were like Chex cereal pieces, covered with chocolate.

Written By: Trimac20 on 02/26/06 at 7:07 am

I heard those Fizzy pop rocks or something were a 70s snack, but I remember them from the early 90s. Now I barely see them at all..

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 03/05/06 at 8:43 am

I heard those Fizzy pop rocks or something were a 70s snack, but I remember them from the early 90s. Now I barely see them at all..
They sell them here in California.

Written By: nostaglic4the90s on 03/05/06 at 3:22 pm

I agree with those who said Dunkaroos.  My mother always thought they were too sugary so I had to go to my friend or cousin's house to get my "Dunkaroo Fix". 

Another of my favorite candies from the ninties were Cry Baby Tears, which were shaped like tear drops and had pictures of all these characters with sour faces on the back of the box.  I haven't seen them in years. 

Written By: nikki89 on 03/05/06 at 6:11 pm

Does anyone remember the paw-print shaped Cheetos? I used to get them all the time as a kid and one day they were gone. And even though I didn't eat them I haven't seen Dunkaroos in a long time either. And even though this isn't a snack I miss cranberry flavored Stove Top. After a while it was just out for holidays and then not at all.

Subject: vintage snack food

Written By: Pete on 03/11/08 at 8:24 pm

I saw a really old post talking about snacks from the 90s that are no longer around - anyways - Im trying to collect examples of all the snacks I ate growing up in the 80s and 90s - (particularly boxes of kids food...etc..but other stuff like old versions of things like...oh....Hamburger Helper ..Hot Pockets..Pringles)...etc...anyways - Id like to see pictures of stuff should you run across it in the garage or basement -  maybe we could work out a trade or something - drop me a line (mankatt@aol.com) - Pete

Written By: roygerdodger on 03/15/08 at 6:54 pm

The only ones I can think of is Amazin' Fruit and Golden Graham Treats.

Written By: MidniteX on 03/16/08 at 9:56 pm

Hey, how bout SURGE!!!! loved that soda, but idiots were drinking like 12 packs a day and it caused liver and kidney problems(I imagine there are a lot of things that at that volume of intake co do some damage) but it got pulled from the market.

Written By: audkal on 03/17/08 at 9:30 pm

I was wondering what happened to Surge!  LOL.  :D

Written By: Adalwolf1967 on 03/20/08 at 11:30 am

Hey, I think they do still make the chocolate filled Koala bears, because I had some strawberry filled Koala bears. And the last time I was in F.Y.E. they were selling boxes of them.    :D

Written By: 90skid555 on 03/21/08 at 10:50 am

I loved Dunka Roos Ireally liked the one with white icing

Written By: TraceyBelle on 03/23/08 at 3:23 am

The chocolate-filled koalas used to be called Koala Yummies. They're sold as Koala's March now. They're made by Lotte, a South Korea-Japan conglomerate. For some reason they stopped selling them in the US but they're back now. If you can't find them in a store you can always order them at lotteusainc.com

I remember going to the San Diego zoo a few years ago when I was out it CA on a choir trip, several months before the Koala Yummies had shown up in MN again, and me and a few friends more or less freaked out when we saw them at the gift shop by the koalas. I bought two and brought one home for my brother.

Written By: 1993 on 03/23/08 at 2:06 pm

I remember a candy bar called "whatchamacallit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZsBds_AfwI

This commercial is from 1989, but I remember it running up through the mid 90's

Written By: ninny on 03/23/08 at 2:53 pm

I remember a candy bar called "whatchamacallit"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZsBds_AfwI

This commercial is from 1989, but I remember it running up through the mid 90's

They still have them I just bought one a couple of weeks ago :)

Written By: 1993 on 03/24/08 at 10:31 pm

Wow, had no idea Whatchamacallits were still in circulation...haven't seen one in ages

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/27/08 at 12:58 pm

Lotsa Fizz... great flavor, cool effects as it would dissolve on your tongue and create a mound of fizzy goodness.

Written By: Nineties nut on 03/28/08 at 11:26 pm

I thought I had lost Dunkaroos for good when I suddenly found them stored box among box on the second to bottom shelf of my local Coles Supermarket in the snack foods/lunchbox aisle.

I was insanely happy.

One food for me was Goldfish. Originally done by Petteridge farms (?) in America, a company over here in Australia adapted them and they were great but one day they just kind of vanished. It was really sad cos I really liked the tomato flavour. Oh! *bounces up and down exitedly* and mixing the cheese and tomato ones in my mouth. Tasted like crunchy cheese pizza if memory serves.

And Tang. I know that's still around here somewhere, I just haven't had it in ages (since the 90's) and it reminds me strongly of that time in my life

Written By: johnbender on 03/31/08 at 9:58 am

Magic Middles from Keebler.  I think these came out in the late 80's and seemed to vanish in the early 90's

Written By: mango 2001 on 03/31/08 at 9:34 pm

this drink called burp something the container you pulled up and add water to and those oreo big stuff but i think that was the 80's those pizzera thingy's where good j

Written By: kimmers on 04/04/08 at 2:43 pm

I remember (and really miss)  Mars bars-although the Snickers Almond Bars are pretty close

And Keebler Butter Knot Pretzels - They had just a touch of butter flavor and they were soooo yummy!!

Written By: Wicked_Fabala on 04/05/08 at 5:49 pm

Oh gosh, there was this one fruit snack I remember, it was called "Fruit String Thing" by Betty Crocker.  It was a "string" that was fruit flavored candy, and it was laid down on a piece of cardboard (looked like a picture, or was sometimes just a swirl), and you peeled it from the cardboard and ate it--good stuff.

OMG ive been wondering what those were called! i remember eating those in the seocnd grade :)

Written By: Wicked_Fabala on 04/05/08 at 5:51 pm

they're still around now they're just called "Shockers"

Written By: saver on 04/05/08 at 6:04 pm

During the 60's until(political correctness)?
Heide candies made 'CHOCOLATE BABIES' -not as good as Tootsie Rolls' but reminded me of them...just you can't find them at a general level.

Written By: woops on 04/05/08 at 8:14 pm

I liked "Dunk a Roos" and "Koala Yummies" :D

Written By: audkal on 04/05/08 at 8:57 pm

OMG ive been wondering what those were called! i remember eating those in the seocnd grade :)

Yeah I don't know why they stopped making them!  I thought they were pretty neat.  :)

Written By: Lee_Marsh on 04/10/08 at 6:06 pm

Combos are hard to find these days... for those who aren't familiar, they are pretzel tubes stuffed with cheese.  I sometimes find them in convenience stores, but I can't find them in the grocery stores anymore.

Seriously??

combos are still really common around here.  We even have them in most vending machines.  I guess they turned out to be kinda like Crystal Pepsi.  When they quit making it, it was still common in some places and was even still available years afterwards.

Written By: 80schild on 04/11/08 at 1:19 pm

taco bell doritos

Written By: CJtheDJ on 04/18/08 at 10:33 pm

Oh I wonder wonder what's in a Wonder Ball... what ever happened to those?

Written By: holicman on 04/19/08 at 8:18 am

I can't remember the full name but they were these Koala bears filled with chocolate........they were so yummy; I could eat them by the ton. 

They are Caramello Koalas.

You can get them here freely in Australia :)

Written By: audkal on 04/19/08 at 10:50 pm

I loved those--at first under the chocolate layer there was a toy ball with a Disney figure inside.  After a few years they got rid of the toy ball/figure and just started putting candies under the chocolate layer.  They weren't as exciting after that.

Maybe a lot of kids were accidently swallowing the ball under the chocolate layer(?)

Written By: Carmela on 06/11/08 at 12:59 pm

I used to eat this thing when I was a kid and it looked like a Little Debbie oatmeal cream pie, except it was smooth and cake-like on the outside and had a pink filling.  I used to buy them at the gas station when I was young.  I cannot remember what they were called though!!!  They were SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!

Written By: Marian on 06/11/08 at 2:07 pm

Does anyone remember the paw-print shaped Cheetos? I used to get them all the time as a kid and one day they were gone. And even though I didn't eat them I haven't seen Dunkaroos in a long time either. And even though this isn't a snack I miss cranberry flavored Stove Top. After a while it was just out for holidays and then not at all.
I gthought that was a limited time promotional special.

Written By: DJ Wonderbread on 06/11/08 at 7:05 pm

I got one...

About 1990 to '92 or so, back at the height of the Ninja Turtles craze, Hostess was putting out a vanilla-pudding filled pie (just like their chococolate pies or lemon / apple / cherry pies) with a green glaze frosting on them.  I believe they were called Turtle Pies - or at least, that's how my best friend, Doug, and I referred to them.  The vanilla pudding was supposed to be the toxic "ooze" that mutated the Turtles, and we loved the hell out of those things.  They even had the Ninja Turtles on the wrapper.  Good times.  Good tooth-rotting, high-calorie  times.

And of course, let's not forget the classic Jolt Cola.  Someone mentioned "Surge" but I think Jolt still stands as the all time balls-to-the-wall over-caffinated originator of the "power cola."

Written By: audkal on 06/11/08 at 10:10 pm

I wish I could find a picture but....I used to find these awesome Jurassic Park popsicles at Toys R Us.  It was a wide shaped bar, mostly red, but had the T-Rex silhouette in the middle in black.  I think it was cherry-flavored, anyone remember this?

Written By: cinnabon on 06/12/08 at 5:53 pm

Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch Fritos
French Onion Ruffles
Peanut butter Snickers
PB Max (it was a big dollop of peanut butter surrounded by a crunchy cookie and covered with chocolate)
Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookie dough ice cream

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/12/08 at 10:49 pm

I got one...

About 1990 to '92 or so, back at the height of the Ninja Turtles craze, Hostess was putting out a vanilla-pudding filled pie (just like their chococolate pies or lemon / apple / cherry pies) with a green glaze frosting on them.  I believe they were called Turtle Pies - or at least, that's how my best friend, Doug, and I referred to them.  The vanilla pudding was supposed to be the toxic "ooze" that mutated the Turtles, and we loved the hell out of those things.  They even had the Ninja Turtles on the wrapper.  Good times.  Good tooth-rotting, high-calorie  times.

And of course, let's not forget the classic Jolt Cola.  Someone mentioned "Surge" but I think Jolt still stands as the all time balls-to-the-wall over-caffinated originator of the "power cola."

I remember those. The Turtles had a little bit of everything with there face and name on it back then, like that horrible cereal that came out around 1989 or 1990. 8-P

Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years.

Written By: stephen on 06/13/08 at 7:10 am

u no wat i liked those push pops and those doridoey thingys i thing there called tingotos i dont no they don't sell those any more    >:( :\'(

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/07/08 at 11:57 am

You know what i liked those push pops and those dorito type chips i think they were called tingotos I dont know they don't sell those any more     >:( :\'(

I think you mean Torengos. Those were around in 2000-01. By the way, I corrected your horrible spelling and grammar.

Written By: liz on 07/08/08 at 5:08 pm

this is really obscure but i remember some kind of snack pack that came in a yellow box...it included a juice box (maybe ecto cooler or something like that) and a little bag of cookies or crackers...does anyone have an idea of what i'm talking about?

Written By: audkal on 07/09/08 at 12:28 pm

this is really obscure but i remember some kind of snack pack that came in a yellow box...it included a juice box (maybe ecto cooler or something like that) and a little bag of cookies or crackers...does anyone have an idea of what i'm talking about?

It's not Lunchables, is it?

Written By: Satish on 07/09/08 at 4:38 pm

This topic has been done before on this board:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=13546.0

Here's what I wrote back then-

"Hey, you can't talk about food products of the 90s without mentioning Crystal Pepsi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Pepsi
http://crystalpepsi.captainmike.org/
http://crystalpepsi.captainmike.org/crystal_bottle5.jpg

"It had to be the biggest soft drink fad of all time. A transparent version of Pepsi's regular cola. And it was a mega-flop, too.

"I remember it came out in the summer of 93 with a huge marketing blitz. They wanted people to think it was somehow more 'pure' than regular cola because it was clear. The ads on tv featured the Van Halen song 'Right Now' and imitated its video.

"But it didn't catch on. It tasted just like regular Pepsi, except it was a bit weaker. It felt funny, because it tasted like Pepsi but didn't look like it. Hardly anything memorable. It was gone after about a year.

"My mom bought a few cases of the stuff for us, so I had the chance to drink several cans of it. Whenever I think of 1993, I always think of Crystal Pepsi."

Written By: LightSoda on 08/03/08 at 12:40 pm

How can nobody remember SUNNY BOYS???

They were the best ice blocks of the 90s! - I used to eat all the ice & then drink the melted juice underneath!

Ahhh... memories. I wonder if they still sell them.

Written By: Becca on 10/28/08 at 3:08 pm

I've been looking for sour cream and onion potato skins since 5th grade. They changed the way I eat and i want them back! :(

Written By: mizzgreen on 02/23/09 at 5:44 pm

Ummm...Everyone is talking about combo's...but they still make them. Look in Wal-Mart, they sell them in the Wal-Mart here and in most vending machines. You can find "Koala Yummies" the little chocolate and strawberry filled bears at most asian markets. So good. Anyway...does anyone remember the 3D doritos? They were like little puffed up triangles. I swear the shape changed the flavor of the chip...the cooler ranch ones...mmm...I can still taste them.

Written By: 90steen on 02/23/09 at 6:07 pm

Are hostess sno balls still around?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/23/09 at 6:43 pm

yes..but I don't see them in as many colors/flavors as before.

Written By: Lindsey on 02/24/09 at 6:51 am

I've been looking all over the internet for the name of these one cookies my dad would buy like 8 or years ago. They were cookie "sticks" or something and the sugar ones had sprinkles but they also had chocolate chip. I was young when I ate them so I don't remember what they're called but they were soooooooo so good.

Also, Koala Yummies were the sheesh..as were dunkaroos. Stuffed bagel bites may have been early 2000's but mmmm.

Written By: Nichole on 05/01/09 at 10:44 am

last night i was trying to remember a snack food that i used to take in my lunch... it only came in playing card sized bags and my best way to discribe it is flavored crunchy barley... it wasnt barley tho i don't think... but it came in ranch, bbq, salt & vinegar flavours. I also think there may have been a pizza flavour, but i don't remember... the packages were all different colors based on the flavour, just like cornnutz are now...
Anyone???

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/03/09 at 7:40 pm

I liked something called Wise chips. Those were really good, but I think they got take off the market because of a chemical in them or somethng. All I remember is that the new said it called "anal leakage"  ;D and they just disappeared from the stores around here.

Not that I'd want to continue eating anything that caused anal leakage, but I had no side effects myself.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/04/09 at 10:39 pm

I liked something called Wise chips. Those were really good, but I think they got take off the market because of a chemical in them or somethng. All I remember is that the new said it called "anal leakage"  ;D and they just disappeared from the stores around here.

Not that I'd want to continue eating anything that caused anal leakage, but I had no side effects myself.

Ah, Olestra

A great idea defeated by an overly-broad FDA warning.  To this day, all you have to do is mention "anal leakage" and the first word that pops into people's minds is "Olestra".  And vice-versa.

You'd pretty much have to eat a bag or two of Olestrachips a day to have any troubles.  But because it was a possible side effect, people blamed the product any time they had the sh!ts.  And anybody who was watching their weight probably wasn't eating a bag of potato chips a day to begin with, so cutting the fat content of the chips wasn't going to result in immediate or significant weight loss.

But the marketing.  Unless you were selling laxatives, that FDA warning was the kiss of death.

(And then there's the whole "Activia" bio-active yogurt thing, but that was about 15 years too late to save olestra-based fried food.  Again, the people who want bio-active yogurt to help their poop... aren't the target market for potato chips.  And the people who eat potato chips aren't particularly interested in having their food act as a laxative.)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/05/09 at 5:07 pm

Flaming Hot Doritos. Fortunately, there are others that still have the Flaming Hot flavor.

Written By: ChloeHonor on 05/13/09 at 2:34 am

I'm not sure if they're from the 90's, but does anyone remember the cereal that was like coacoa pops (I think) and it had small white marshmellows in it?
Also those blue and red rocket popsicles?

Written By: KT on 05/20/09 at 2:17 pm

I remember some instant popcorn - called "Pop Quiz" or "Quiz Pop" - but when you put the bag in the microwave everyone was supposed to guess what color it was, then you'd open it and see who was right.  I don't think the color added any flavor to the popcorn, but it sure was a lot of fun to do when friends were staying over!

And this is more 80s, but I miss the Disney ice creams, the vanilla and chocolate Mickey faces and the popsicles shaped like the different Disney characters.  Those were so good!

Written By: Samwise on 05/22/09 at 11:47 am

Yeah...I remember the heyday of fruit snacks in the mid-90s when I was in elementary school. Everybody showed off their fruit roll ups and fruit wrinkles competitively...I always felt left out for not having them. And Gushers were much more common until the early '00s.

Oh man... I saw a Gushers commercial recently and got all nostalgic. I remember my mom used to pack my lunch with either Gushers, Fruit Roll-Ups, or Fruit by the Foot. (It was a foot of fruit! Or, well, fruit-like substance! All rolled up in a ball! And you unrolled it and ended up with this long-ass string of wax paper!) That actually reminds me... does anyone remember that gum that came in a long string, all rolled up, almost like Scotch tape? You'd get this roundish plastic package and you'd pull some gum through the little hole with a serrated edge to cut off a piece? What was that called?

And speaking of gum, who remembers Fruit-A-Burst? I remember they had Mint-A-Burst, Cinn-A-Burst, and Fruit-A-Burst. I loved Fruit-A-Burst because it actually tasted like fruit, unlike Juicy Fruit, which was/is just blandly sweet. (Juicy Fruit is neither juicy, nor fruity. Discuss.) But then they gradually phased out Fruit-A-Burst, even though they kept selling the other two flavors. That was unfortunate.

Written By: howardm2 on 05/29/09 at 6:03 pm

You thinking of Bubble Tape.  We always had contests of who could fit the most 'tape' in their mouths.

Someone mentioned Surge earlier, but anyone remember Kick soda drink.  It'd be similar to Vault nowadays  Also, the 3D Doritos were the bomb, absolutely amazing.

Written By: Samwise on 05/29/09 at 6:33 pm

You thinking of Bubble Tape.  We always had contests of who could fit the most 'tape' in their mouths.

BUBBLE TAPE! Yes! Thank you.

Written By: amie on 05/31/09 at 11:59 am

CITRUS POLOS :(

Written By: 90steen on 05/31/09 at 7:26 pm

I've been looking for this for a long time. They were little cracker things that tastes just like the Baked Lays regular flavor only better. From around 1998 or 1999. I think I found the product in this commercial -

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/9701/

Ritz Air Crisps. I remember during the summer of 1998 I spent the vast majority of the time with my niece and my nephews because it was the last few months I had left in my hometown. I bought those for them a lot and they, as well as me loved them. I graduated highschool that May and was gonna be heading to college so I wanted to get as much time to spend with them as I could.

Written By: DuncanMcA on 06/01/09 at 7:24 am

From the UK

Sky ice-cream bars. They had chocolate on the outside, and inside, a layer of ice-cream with the centre a bubbly chocolate like Wispa. My dad used to get them all the time and they were delicious.

Fish 'n Chips - little biscuits that tasted like fish and chips. I wish I could still buy them but I'm not sure they were as good as I think I remember them, kind of fish-tinted specs kicking in!

Secret bars from Nestle. They had chocolate on the outside kind of like a 'nest' pattern and a creamy, Walnut-whip centre. I had wikipedia this one to remind me of the full details. I think I only ever ate one and wasn't that impressed.

Feast ice-cream bars without the stick. They were the best, so much better than the original one on a stick, the only one available now. This is the one I miss most of all.

Written By: rois on 07/03/09 at 11:31 am

Does anyone remember these yogurts: they came in a round pot nd i think u got a free toy with them and ther was these sprinkles that u poured on the yogurt. acutally no it was more of a hoop of yogurt with the toy in the middle and the sprinkles were attached to the lid under foil??? please its driving me crazy trying to remember what theyre called!!

Written By: veruca on 07/21/09 at 5:06 pm

well this isnt a snack item, but I just found out that Zima (malt liquor drink) has been discontinued. BUMMER.
I am trying to have a ninties party but couldnt get those~~~ :\'(

Written By: Virgo on 10/20/09 at 12:04 am

Bugles Corn Snack.. i use to put them on my finger tips and pretend I had long nails.

Written By: Buuuuusa on 11/16/09 at 7:10 am

Does anyone remember these cookies that came out in the early 90's that I believe were a basic shortbread but coated in hard icing with sprinkles and the ad campaign was that this cartoon dinosaur was their creator and he would take a chomp out of each cookie?

The commercials were like "I work at the factory and personally take a dino chomp out of each cookie and you get the rest!" When you would open the bag up they all had this notch missing lol

I miss those dearly.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 11/16/09 at 5:08 pm

Bugles Corn Snack.. i use to put them on my finger tips and pretend I had long nails.

Bugles are still available.

Written By: Meg on 11/18/09 at 9:35 pm

Half snack food half cereal it was hidden treasures basically captn crunch with this pink filling in some of the pieces and the others didn't have any they stopped making it but it was sooooo good in like 1993

Written By: Debi on 11/19/09 at 11:17 pm

It seems like they always stop selling the good products.  Whenever I find something thats good they stop selling it.

Written By: nally on 11/19/09 at 11:21 pm

^ Maybe it's "good" because it's not really good for ya...

I remember some instant popcorn - called "Pop Quiz" or "Quiz Pop" - but when you put the bag in the microwave everyone was supposed to guess what color it was, then you'd open it and see who was right.  I don't think the color added any flavor to the popcorn, but it sure was a lot of fun to do when friends were staying over!

I remember that product!! It was called "Pop Qwiz" popcorn; it would appear in various colors. I never ate (or even bought) the stuff, but I remember the TV commercials quite well...from 1992 or thereabouts.

BUBBLE TAPE! Yes! Thank you.

I remember adverts for that product too (circa 1990). Its catchphrase was "For YOU...not them."

Written By: ninny on 11/20/09 at 6:42 am

Bugles are still available.

I have a bag at home right now..I love them.

Written By: Josh Love on 11/25/09 at 11:09 am

Remember PB Crisps? from planters i believe. chocolate filled graham things. so baller.

Written By: Rhodes on 01/23/10 at 12:52 am

How about....

Screaming Saucers - these things were small blue candies that came in a circular plastic container. they tasted sour as hell and turned your mouth blue if you ate them. my elementary school banned them back in 1992 because of that

Squeeze Its - fruit juice drinks that came in small plastic bottles with weird twist off tops. they had different names for each flavor like 'smarty arty orange' and 'mean green puncher'

Corn Nuts - small bags of roasted corn. came in all kinds of flavors.

Jones Soda - popular as hell in Vancouver in 1998 - 1999. I still drink them today lol

Hot Rods - thin pepperoni sticks made by schneider. Actaually pretty good considering how cheap they were. I still find them around here occasionally

Soda Licious - sugar coated fruit snacks that were shaped /tasted like different sodas. cherry cola, rootbeer, etc...

Gushers - everyones heard of these lol

Written By: Wiz83 on 01/23/10 at 3:52 pm

Anyone remember these cookies?  They had chocolate right in the middle kisses-style.  I remember eating those a lot in 4th/5th grade, circa 1993.  However, I can't remember what they were called.

Written By: nally on 01/24/10 at 12:59 am

Gushers - everyones heard of these lol

I think I saw some of those a couple months ago or so, but not in a store.

Written By: DeweyDecibel on 01/24/10 at 2:22 am

Oh man, so many good ones on this thread! 
My faves that have been mentioned:
Paw shaped Cheetos (I remember eating them for a long time, so I don't think they were promo's)
Bugles (I still see these, but never in the GOOD flavors, cheese and ranch)
Combos (Still see these in Cali, but not in many flavors)
Pizzaria's (I can still remember that taste, so addictively GOOD)

And I gotta bring up a few new ones,
Nintendo Cereal from the 80's, 2 cereals in one box, separate bags, I remember them being good, but I was like 5
Josta Cola, probably the first soda to have Guarana in it, it was purple with a panther on the bottle and tasted like banana-peels
Red Devil, an early energy drink that didn't make it
Ecto-cooler juice boxes!  so poisonously good!

Also, I could use help to remember the name of this one cereal that was kinda like mini-wheats but with fruit in the center, like strawberry filled, and they were about the size of chex, but wheat-ey.  I'd kill for some of them.  I think Nabisco made them?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/27/10 at 11:52 am

I have a bag at home right now..I love them.

You could have bought them in 1984, and they'd still be good!

Written By: TwistedVixen on 01/28/10 at 3:23 pm

last night i was trying to remember a snack food that i used to take in my lunch... it only came in playing card sized bags and my best way to discribe it is flavored crunchy barley... it wasnt barley tho i don't think... but it came in ranch, bbq, salt & vinegar flavours. I also think there may have been a pizza flavour, but i don't remember... the packages were all different colors based on the flavour, just like cornnutz are now...
Anyone???

AHHHH!! That has been bothering me for ages!! I know exactly what you're talking about, but none of my friends remember these, even though I KNOW we all ate them! I NEED to find out what these are called, it's seriously driving me crazy lol. Now I know they actually exist because I'm not the only one who remembers them.

Written By: karen on 01/28/10 at 10:01 pm

Also, I could use help to remember the name of this one cereal that was kinda like mini-wheats but with fruit in the center, like strawberry filled, and they were about the size of chex, but wheat-ey.  I'd kill for some of them.  I think Nabisco made them?

I remember them.  But I can't recall the name of them at the moment.  :-\\

Written By: Step-chan on 01/28/10 at 10:32 pm

I've seen Corn Nuts recently, Rhodes.

Written By: nally on 01/28/10 at 10:34 pm

I've seen Corn Nuts recently, Rhodes.

So have I.

Written By: karen on 01/28/10 at 10:34 pm

I remember them.  But I can't recall the name of them at the moment.   :-\\

The only thing I can find vaguely like it is Raisin Wheats made by Kelloggs

Written By: Ariel on 02/03/10 at 12:33 am

I LOVED THOSE!! I've been trying to figure out what those were called for so long now.
Also, I've seen people commenting about gushers and fruit roll ups and fruit by the foot. I just bought all of those today. Those are still around where I am. Just ate 2 fruit by the foots actually.  ;) Love em. And those yogurt with sprinkles things someone was talking about...were you meaning "Sprinkl'ins" by dannon? http://www.retrojunk.com/img/art-images/sprinlinzzz.jpg
Bugles and combo's are all over the place where I am too.

Written By: brittany on 02/09/10 at 7:55 pm

I really miss those stuffed bagel bites! Does anyone remember the lion king popsicles with the gummy bugs in them? those were delicious!

Written By: anonymous on 02/20/10 at 6:44 pm

push pops and dunkaroos =] yumm  :)

Written By: nally on 02/21/10 at 12:37 am

Also, I've seen people commenting about gushers and fruit roll ups and fruit by the foot. I just bought all of those today. Those are still around where I am. Just ate 2 fruit by the foots actually.  ;) Love em.

I think I had some Gushers a couple months ago. Brought back memories.
As for FBTF, I haven't seen that lately. Must be available in some areas more than others.

Written By: Ferago on 02/28/10 at 11:09 pm

Does anyone remember cookie crunch reese peanuts butter cups? I loved those things. I'm not sure when exactly they quit making them, but I'm sure I haven't seen them in 10 years.

Written By: Kitty on 03/16/10 at 3:59 pm

So Here is an amazing site:
http://www.hometownfavorites.com/btwgb1.asp
this site here is a pretty good list of the things they no longer make...

This site is where you can still buy things you cant in the stores...also snacks go back as far as the 50s!!
http://www.hometownfavorites.com/

Written By: silhouette on 03/16/10 at 4:01 pm

Warheads!

Written By: Brian06 on 03/16/10 at 10:30 pm

I think I had some Gushers a couple months ago. Brought back memories.
As for FBTF, I haven't seen that lately. Must be available in some areas more than others.

I used to love Gushers!

Written By: princesspinkykat on 03/23/10 at 10:06 pm

they still have those, they are call Lotte Koala Chocolate Cookies

Written By: nupur on 03/23/10 at 10:40 pm

Warheads!

I used to suck on Warheads until the sourness went away, then I spit them out because I didn't really like how they tasted LOL

Written By: kindi on 03/28/10 at 8:07 pm

maybe no one remembers this, but for a while i think blockbuster was having some sort of promotion and they were giving away these boxes that had all kinds of little packages of candy like sample sizes and im sure they put popcorn in it too... ahh i loved those!!

also little debbie oat cream pies were all the rage as well as those cookie bars that were pink and checkered with a center of frosting or something in them...

who could forget bon bons, kinda like dibs but wayyyyy better!! they were ice cream balls covered in chocolate...

who remembers warheads? they were those really really sour candies then turned kinda sweet

i also remember in blockbuster they had these little containers of bug candy

string things were amazing, so were sprinklins yogurt

oh does anyone remember jolly rancher gum? there was green apple omg this was my favoriteeee

there were also all those twinkies commercials and hostess cupcake commercials

i loved ninja turtle fruit snacks, as well as like every kind of fruit snack there was ever madeee

also there were these tiny soda can slash juice things that had like mario and luigi on them... does anyone know what im talking about?

Written By: nally on 03/29/10 at 11:15 pm

I used to love Gushers!

Me too! :D They had all kinds of different flavors...

Written By: nupur on 03/30/10 at 9:48 am

Me too! :D They had all kinds of different flavors...

They still make Gushers! But I haven't been able to find my favorite flavor from back then . . . I don't remember what it was called, but it was some kind of berry and they were teal colored.

Written By: nally on 03/30/10 at 11:22 am

They still make Gushers! But I haven't been able to find my favorite flavor from back then . . . I don't remember what it was called, but it was some kind of berry and they were teal colored.

The teal-colored ones sound familiar, and yes, they were flavored with some kind of berry, but I don't know which kind either.

Written By: Heather on 04/01/10 at 11:18 pm

Kellogg's Cinnamon Mini Buns cereal!!

http://www.sjglew.com/images/cc045.jpg

Written By: nally on 04/01/10 at 11:21 pm

Kellogg's Cinnamon Mini Buns cereal!!

http://www.sjglew.com/images/cc045.jpg

I remember those. There was a commercial in which a guy "shrank" down to miniscule size after he was unsure about what to do with the cinnamon buns he created.

Written By: jenna on 04/07/10 at 11:06 pm

crispy m&m's in the blue bag!!!!

Written By: heather on 04/15/10 at 1:28 am

SQUEEZE-ITS, anyone remember these?!

I definitely remember Surge. I was in 5th grade when that came out, and one of my friends had her birthday party and we drank that crap all night lol.

Anyone remember the Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Minnie ice pops? Or the Mickey Mouse ice cream ears? I dunno if it's because I lived in FL at the time, but they were sold in grocery stores down there. They were just like the ones you'd get at Disney World. Totally miss those!

Fruit Stripe Gum, or any of the nostalgic Bubbleicious flavors(cotton candy..etc?) def can't find those anymore. Or Bubble tape!

Oh yeah and Bugles were a huge favorite of mine growing up, especially cheese flavored..mm!

There was also this cracker called "Munchies" or something, they were ranch flavored. I know there's a Munchies snack mix today, but it's not the same thing. The crackers were like octagon shaped and had ridges..I dunno I loved them lol.

Other favs: Jell-O Pudding Pops, Dunkaroos, Rice Krispie's Treat Cereal, Fruit String Thing, Fruit by the Foot, Cooler Ranch Doritos(no they are not the same today lol), Koala Yummies(but they were re-called for something weird I don't remember), Gushers, Handi-Snacks.

I was not a fat child I swear lmao!

Written By: sparkie on 04/15/10 at 3:39 pm

I miss yogurt covered Sunkist Fun Fruits. Anybody else remember those back in the fruity/gummy heyday with all the other stuff like Garfield and the shark ones and things like that?

I also totally miss Squeeze its and Cinnamon Bun cereal (although they make something kind of similar to it now -Cinnabon I think?)

If I could get any 90's food back it would be COOKIES and CREAM TWIX BARS! I wish they'd bring those back even just temporarily. Also Hersheys chocolate mint bars....mmmmmm ya'll are making me hungry.

Written By: sparkie on 04/15/10 at 3:42 pm

Anyone remember these cookies?  They had chocolate right in the middle kisses-style.  I remember eating those a lot in 4th/5th grade, circa 1993.  However, I can't remember what they were called.

Magic Middles - Keebler made them and I used to looooooove them :D

Written By: sweet-ennui on 04/20/10 at 11:05 pm

Oh wow, this thread took me back! My best friend and I used to get Kick all the time from 7-11! And I remember those Disney Ice creams that someone mentioned too... lol. I'd completely forgotten about those. And I remember eating the Koala cookies one day after I had been home sick from school for like a week. They were my "feel better soon" present from my mom.
Okay, this might be more like late 80's, but does anyone remember a snack cup (I can't remember if it was jello-like or what, but I think so) that you were supposed to break up with your spoon into little pieces before eating it? I know it sounds vague, but no one has heard of them and I swear I used to see commercials for them but I was pretty young at the time so I don't remember much about them. I just know I used to imitate it with my jello cups.
Maybe I just imagined it. lol. But hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about. lol.

Written By: James on 04/25/10 at 3:27 am

haha alot of yummy memories!
does anyone remember those turkey hotdog things that had cheese in the middle?
i forget what they were called :(

Written By: bdw on 05/13/10 at 2:01 pm

ATTENTION!!! FOUND DUNKAROOS LAST WEEK AT A DOLLAR GENERAL! THEY STILL EXIST! ONLY CHOCOLATE CHIP FLAVOR W/ VANILLA ICING, BUT STILL DAMN GOOD! 8)

Written By: nupur on 05/13/10 at 4:29 pm

ATTENTION!!! FOUND DUNKAROOS LAST WEEK AT A DOLLAR GENERAL! THEY STILL EXIST! ONLY CHOCOLATE CHIP FLAVOR W/ VANILLA ICING, BUT STILL DAMN GOOD! 8)

Costco also still sells Dunkaroos in bulk -- both vanilla & chocolate frosting varieties.

Written By: Chelsea on 05/15/10 at 2:43 am

http://freeze-pop-3
Does anyone remember the name of these?

Written By: Chelsea on 05/15/10 at 2:45 am

http://vg113.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/freeze-pop-3.jpg
Does anyone remember the names of these?

Written By: Chelsea on 05/15/10 at 7:24 am

haha alot of yummy memories!
does anyone remember those turkey hotdog things that had cheese in the middle?
i forget what they were called :(

Me and my fiance were talking about those the other day. I looked them up and they're called Oscar Mayer Cheese Dogs. I never ate them but I remember seeing commercials for them. I miss the 90's =(

Written By: jackie on 05/18/10 at 9:04 am

you know whats missing that makes all these snacks worth while...Candy stores...they began disappearing mid-90's i was born in 1980 nyc..and growing up..all the kids on my block would walk to the candy store where we get our fix..not only for candy and ice cream..but mags..comics..and those dollar toys..it was where we could hang and not get chased away..

Written By: jackie on 05/18/10 at 9:09 am

http://vg113.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/freeze-pop-3.jpg
Does anyone remember the names of these?

they never had a name they were just icies...i use to hate it when the korean guy at the store wouldnt slice the opening big enough and u would be sitting trying to push the ice up and there always be some left over cause u would get tired of trying to get to the top..

Written By: chelsea on 05/20/10 at 10:38 am

they never had a name they were just icies...i use to hate it when the korean guy at the store wouldnt slice the opening big enough and u would be sitting trying to push the ice up and there always be some left over cause u would get tired of trying to get to the top..
lol. I've been trying to find them everywhere. I asked my mom the other day if she remembered the popsicles that looked like nunchucks and she thought I was crazy. Those were awesome though.

Written By: Anita Taco on 06/30/10 at 5:07 am

Half snack food half cereal it was hidden treasures basically captn crunch with this pink filling in some of the pieces and the others didn't have any they stopped making it but it was sooooo good in like 1993

Hidden Treasures!!!!!!  I was searching google for the past hour trying to find this specific thing I was remembering from being a kid. I just had a vague picture of an outer some kind of yellow coating and pink 'yogurt-y' creamy center. It has been driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!  Thanks so much for ending my crazy rampage. Thank you Thank you! I was searching forever, I think you and I are the only ones who remember them..haha

On another note, remember Alpine Whites? I think Nestle made them, they looked just like a Nestle Crunch. They were white chocolate with like almonds or something. SO yummy
I actually saw 3D doritos a few months ago at Walmart but they only have jalapeño cheddar now. The 4 or 5 times I've seen them in the last 10 years it's always that flavor. Or maybe it's just my bad luck, as I hate that flavor. I still buy them and eat them on principal though.
Dunkaroos, how I miss you! I've talked about that one a few times over the years.
And it's not a snack food but it's related, I miss The Noid! The old Dominos slogan Avoid the Noid. Crazy little red guy with long ears. Back when your pizza was free if it took longer than 30 minutes to deliver. Ah..the good ol' days.  :)

Written By: Danny on 07/05/10 at 1:12 am

They still have them I just bought one a couple of weeks ago :)
                                                                                                                                                                    Try the dollarstores I've seen they carry those old candies before,try like Dollar General they're pretty good about that. They're the only ones where I've found "Chunky" or "Cherrysmash , and "GooGoo Patty"which are PreWW1 "candybar".Oh taste of  memories..... they make me feel like a kid again everytime!

Written By: Danny on 07/19/10 at 2:10 am

Yes they are!I've seen them in grocery stores(look in the snackcake section with the grabngo packs), they go for about a $1.And 7Eleven about $1.50.What I haven't seen are the pink ones (like they taste any different,just the novelty I guess) though I've seen them  come out in different colors for various holidays . What has changed is they're not as chocolety they way they were like the cupcakes still are. Danny

Written By: preston181 on 07/26/10 at 3:25 pm

Two words: Magic Middles.

God, I miss them.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/28/10 at 7:55 am

Remember Stuffinbuts?  Aw man, I LOVED those!!!

Written By: Kerri on 09/05/10 at 11:42 pm

You can still find them at BJ's and Costco, but only in really big packs.

Written By: Kerri on 09/05/10 at 11:44 pm

Combos are hard to find these days... for those who aren't familiar, they are pretzel tubes stuffed with cheese.   I sometimes find them in convenience stores, but I can't find them in the grocery stores anymore.

You can find them everywhere in New England.

Written By: nally on 09/05/10 at 11:49 pm

You can still find them at BJ's and Costco, but only in really big packs.

yep, Costco usually sells everything in really big packs.

Written By: KK on 10/03/10 at 9:15 pm

Dunkaroos, Chef Boyardee Dinosaurs and Sharks, Nintendo Soda, Squeeze-it, Pop tart cereal along with many pop tart flavors

Written By: yelimsexa on 10/04/10 at 6:34 am

This was early '00s, but Chips Ahoy Cremewiches I miss; it's basically the Oreo center with the chocolate chips on the outside!

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/images/cremewiches.jpg

Written By: nintieskid999 on 10/22/10 at 6:18 pm

I loved those chips so much as a kid! Why did they ever stop making them?

Written By: HeartsAfire on 11/03/10 at 1:46 pm

Wow...alot of these are bringing back some sweet memories!

I loved Cheeto's Paws.  I think the last time I bought a bag was in 1994 or early '95.  If they brought those back, I'd have to stock up on 'em for sure.

Someone mentioned "Bon Bon" ice cream.  I used to love the ones that were chocolate flavored covered in chocolate (and I loved the commercial too... "the thing about a bon bon...it's almost always gone-gone").  :-D  I recall seeing a package of vanilla bon bons in a grocery store in Honolulu around mid 2005.  Haven't seen the chocolate ones in a loooooooooong time though.

Quick question... Do any of you remember the small foil wrapped hollow chocolate trucks they used to sell @ Shell stations?  This would have been around '89 or '90.  The Shell station was the only place that had them.  Anytime I had to fuel up my car, I'd always grab a couple and they were all kinds of deliciousness!

Written By: HappyTuna on 11/30/10 at 1:48 pm

I remember Squeez-its fondly.
Everyone's talking about Surge, does anybody remember a soda called Citra? I loooooved that stuff.

Also.. This may have been out before the 90's but I know I ate it at least early-mid 90's. It was a snack mix that was like.. little fat crunchy breadstick things, some plain some with sesame seeds, some puff balls (like cheese balls but no cheese) and I think maybe some kind of rice crackers and maybe pretzels. Any idea?

Written By: shoes on 11/30/10 at 4:30 pm

Crystal Pepsi.

Written By: Adarcoi on 12/06/10 at 6:23 pm

I definitally miss 3D Doritos. I remember I used to bite one of the corners off, pour in Pepsi or Dr. Pepper (albeit, sometimes not that carefully), and eat them! I really liked them.
We still get Dunkaroos around here and I've seen Combos. I haven't had ShockTarts in soo long! I remember all sorts of stuff like this at the roller rink in my town. They always had the best snacks...even if it was just the nineties.

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/08/10 at 10:47 am

I liked Doing Doings

Written By: Mat1991 on 12/10/10 at 12:31 pm

I used to love Wonder Balls. They were on the market from the late '90s until the early '00s.

Written By: angela on 12/22/10 at 6:39 pm

I LOVED Surge for a while... today the thought of it makes me sick  8-P

I also loved Frozen Push Ups or whatever those things were... the ones I used to get had the Flintstones on them I think.
I was crazy about Bubble Tape and Fruit By The Foot too

I loved Kool Aid Bursts but I think you can still get them, or at least I know I saw them in Walmart a year or two ago

Written By: hut on 01/21/11 at 7:44 pm

I have spent HOURS and HOURS trying to find this mysterious incredible ceral from my past childhood. Hidden Treasures is defintely one, but I recall it being Cap'n Crunch with blue and pink icing. I could be wrong though..    :-\\

Hidden Treasures!!!!!!  I was searching google for the past hour trying to find this specific thing I was remembering from being a kid. I just had a vague picture of an outer some kind of yellow coating and pink 'yogurt-y' creamy center. It has been driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!  Thanks so much for ending my crazy rampage. Thank you Thank you! I was searching forever, I think you and I are the only ones who remember them..haha

On another note, remember Alpine Whites? I think Nestle made them, they looked just like a Nestle Crunch. They were white chocolate with like almonds or something. SO yummy
I actually saw 3D doritos a few months ago at Walmart but they only have jalapeño cheddar now. The 4 or 5 times I've seen them in the last 10 years it's always that flavor. Or maybe it's just my bad luck, as I hate that flavor. I still buy them and eat them on principal though.
Dunkaroos, how I miss you! I've talked about that one a few times over the years.
And it's not a snack food but it's related, I miss The Noid! The old Dominos slogan Avoid the Noid. Crazy little red guy with long ears. Back when your pizza was free if it took longer than 30 minutes to deliver. Ah..the good ol' days.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 01/21/11 at 8:00 pm

Do they sell ringpops anymore?  :P

Written By: nupur on 01/22/11 at 9:16 pm

Do they sell ringpops anymore?  :P

I'm pretty sure I've seen them around fairly recently!

Bubble Tape used to be my favorite gum, but they stopped selling it at my grocery store a while ago.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/23/11 at 12:06 am

I'm pretty sure I've seen them around fairly recently!

Bubble Tape used to be my favorite gum, but they stopped selling it at my grocery store a while ago.

Thanks for the info; I think I'll go buy a ringpop right now.  ;)

Subject: bubbles-??

Written By: cg on 01/24/11 at 10:25 pm

does anyone remember what these were, i cannot think of the name of them

they were a cracker type thing for some reason i think they were called bubbles.. i remember sour cream and onion flavor and there was possibly ranch too.. they came in a box kinda like a ritz cracker box..

i can picture it in my head but cant think of what they were for the life of me .. it was almost like a puff cracker of some sort ..soo good ughh ive been going insane trying to remember this and no one knows what im talking about

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/25/11 at 8:03 pm

There was a cupcake where it looked like someone bit into it...looked like it didn't sell well....

Written By: megan on 01/31/11 at 11:09 am

Does anyone remember the mario and lugi sodas? i think it was the 90's....the cans were really little!! I loved them as a kid but i can not find any record of them what so ever!!  >:(

Written By: lizzey on 02/02/11 at 12:35 am

how bout like star crunch or mondo the drink....

Written By: stale on 02/11/11 at 11:05 am

I liked Doing Doings

OMG!!!!! i laughed for an hour doing doings? or ding dongs?

Written By: weareclouds on 02/19/11 at 4:18 pm

I've looked around for what the name of these were everywhere. But, I cannot find out. So, maybe you all can help.

I know they were out in late 95 and early 96, because that's when my mom got remarried and I ate them when we first moved in with my stepdad.

They were some kind of cookie. They had a chocolate filling like a Hershey's Kiss in the middle. They were shaped like kisses as well. But, had a cookie shell. And, they were coated in chocolate and sprinkles as well. They also had a vanilla filled flavor.

They may have been regional. I'm in the Eastern/Central part of the US.

Anyone know?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found them. They are called Fundamentals! God, those things were so good. I would probably sacrifice my left foot to go back in time and get some.

Written By: ProfS on 02/20/11 at 1:10 pm

I'm not sure if Koala Yummies or Gushers are still around. Does anyone know?

Written By: weareclouds on 02/20/11 at 5:51 pm

Koala Yummies are now called "Koala's March" but they are not sold in the US. Gushers are still around though. See them at my supermarket all the time.

Written By: whistledog on 02/22/11 at 11:05 pm

Not sure if these have been mentioned before but 'Eagle Nacho Chips'.
I still remember the "Odd Couple" commercials

Written By: FrankDank on 04/02/11 at 2:49 pm

Okay, there's a snack-bar from the early 90s that I can't find any mention of online. They were called Donna Reed Snack Bars or something, and it definitely used The Donna Reed Show (from the 60s) as its main selling point. I have no idea why they would do that in the early 90s, perhaps because it was on Nick at Nite at the time. Anyway, they were your standard not-so-healthy granola bar type, with strawberries and such in it. It tasted like a Special K cereal bar, which is what I just ate that jogged my memory of this snack item. I cannot find any mention of it anywhere, and I'm positive it exists. I have a very vivid memory of seeing the commercial, wanting it, and then my grandmother taking me to buy it. Anyone remember these?

Written By: Kajun on 07/06/11 at 5:02 pm

Does anyone remember the mario and lugi sodas? i think it was the 90's....the cans were really little!! I loved them as a kid but i can not find any record of them what so ever!!  >:(

The Super Mario Brother Sodas were made by Shasta in the 90's, here is a link of what they look like for nostalgic reasons, enjoy lol

http://www.smbhq.com/soda.htm

P.S.
Does anyone remember the Nabisco graham snacks from the early 90's that were shaped like honeycombs and came in green, red, and yellow boxes(chocolate, cinnamon, and honey)---Kinda like what Teddy Grahams are now?

I have been trying to find the name of those honeycomb snack since kindergarten when I last had them!

Written By: Rufus on 07/20/11 at 11:22 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I can recall Hi-C producing "Ecto Cooler" back in the 90s as a promotional tool for Ghostbusters 2.

There's something I haven't thought about in years.

Written By: talia on 07/21/11 at 10:32 am

i LOVED the<a target="_blank" href="http://www.squidoo.com/toys-from-the-90s">90's</a><br />

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/21/11 at 10:42 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I can recall Hi-C producing "Ecto Cooler" back in the 90s as a promotional tool for Ghostbusters 2.

There's something I haven't thought about in years.

I sure do remember this!  My brother and I loved it.  It actually started out in the 80's and lasted well into the 90's.

Written By: nally on 07/21/11 at 11:28 am

I sure do remember this!  My brother and I loved it.  It actually started out in the 80's and lasted well into the 90's.

Ecto Cooler? I remember that too. I don't think I ever tried it though.

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/24/11 at 4:33 pm

I'm trying to remember this snack food that was out in 1994. It came in two flavors: Chocolate and regular. They looked like slender chex pieces and had sprinkles on them. I vaguely remember the commercials.

Written By: Lacey on 07/25/11 at 6:22 am

I know that was originally asked in 2006, but as of earlier this year they are selling Dunkaroos again in both flavors at Wal-Mart. I don't know if they're being sold in any other stores or not, but Wal-Mart is selling them for sure. And I made sure I stocked up  :P

Written By: Adam on 07/25/11 at 6:34 pm

Sour dynamite gum that came in a red dynamite like tube.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/26/11 at 8:55 am

I'm trying to remember this snack food that was out in 1994. It came in two flavors: Chocolate and regular. They looked like slender chex pieces and had sprinkles on them. I vaguely remember the commercials.

Weren't these called Skittios?  They had four different flavors, Chocolate, gum, banana, and bubble gum.  They had different sprinkles depending on which flavor you chose and they would crackle and pop like rice crispies.  I think they were called Skittios or Cheerios.

Written By: Jo on 07/26/11 at 6:13 pm

LAVA LICK. They were these squeeze bottles of liquid candy designed to look like a lava lamp. I used to guzzle those like crazy as a kid, but I'm not surprised they're gone because now the idea of eating that makes me sick. It was basically a very thick brightly-coloured syrup with artificial flavouring in a bottle.

Written By: SpaceHog on 07/26/11 at 9:50 pm

Weren't these called Skittios?  They had four different flavors, Chocolate, gum, banana, and bubble gum.  They had different sprinkles depending on which flavor you chose and they would crackle and pop like rice crispies.  I think they were called Skittios or Cheerios.

They were made by Betty Crocker I think.

Written By: openmic22 on 08/12/11 at 11:07 am

Wow hahaha...  I found someone else that remember these too!!! THEY WERE SO GOOD!!!! Do you by chance remember the ones shaped like planes and other aircraft? man...

Written By: luckiestgirl105 on 08/12/11 at 8:35 pm

This one snack food is driving me crazy.  I can't remember if it was more a candy or a fruit snack.  I remember it being similar to a gusher but it was covered in a sugary coating.  They might've been a little sour.  I remember the taste of them so well and eating them while I watched the Magic School Bus on Saturday morning.  I just can't think of the name!!  Can anyone help me???

Written By: preston181 on 08/21/11 at 4:34 am

Anybody remember Razzles? They were like Skittles, but sour. I remember the tagline from the commercial: "get them before they get you".

Written By: Lana07 on 09/10/11 at 3:54 pm

"Razzles" are actually pieces of gum resembling the shapes of Legos, they're still carried at retailers on the east coast.

Does anyone remember Oreo O's? Pepsi Blue? String Thing?

Also, I have been racking my brain over a promotional candy bar for The lion king made by Nestle I believe. it was a solid milk chocolate bar that had scenes from the movie stamped on it. Does anyone remember those??

Written By: amjikloviet on 09/14/11 at 7:39 pm

What about Dunkaroos or Dunkeroos? I can't even remember the name correctly! My sister would have those all the time , they were pretty good I remember, it came with some icing in a small little container.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/17/11 at 9:44 pm

What about Dunkaroos or Dunkeroos? I can't even remember the name correctly! My sister would have those all the time , they were pretty good I remember, it came with some icing in a small little container.

Definitely "DunkAroos", with a capital "A":

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/ALtubby/dunkaroos.jpg

And then it got weird, but at least you know you're not the only person who remembers Dunkaroos.

Written By: TLN on 10/04/11 at 3:22 am

Does anybody remember 'Munchies'?  Not 'Munchies Mix'.  Munchies were a puffed corn snack and they came in French Onion, Cheddar and Chocolate.  They came in 'snack size' bags for lunches and such.

Written By: Aj on 10/07/11 at 10:50 am

Warheads, Bubble Tape, Vanilla Coke, and Big League Chew  :D.

Written By: amjikloviet on 10/07/11 at 11:32 am

Warheads, Bubble Tape, Vanilla Coke, and Big League Chew  :D.

I haven't had Bubble tape since the early 90s!

Written By: nally on 10/07/11 at 12:38 pm

I haven't had Bubble tape since the early 90s!

I remember the TV ads for it around that time (which usually aired during kid-oriented programming).

Written By: chrissy on 11/03/11 at 12:13 am

I remember OATMEAL SWIRLERS...amazing, wish they still made them. They had different syrup flavours, Apple,cinnamon, chocolate, strawberry etc...I miss it.

And also FRUIT STRIPE GUM, the gum wIth the zebra on it. That was my favorite along with by bubble tape

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/03/11 at 11:36 am

I remember OATMEAL SWIRLERS...amazing, wish they still made them. They had different syrup flavours, Apple,cinnamon, chocolate, strawberry etc...I miss it.

And also FRUIT STRIPE GUM, the gum wIth the zebra on it. That was my favorite along with by bubble tape

I saw some Fruit Striped Gum at Shaws a couple days ago. Bubble tape is a little hard to find haven't seen any since the 90s. I know my nephews would love bubble tape if I found some!

Written By: nally on 11/03/11 at 3:17 pm

I saw some Fruit Striped Gum at Shaws a couple days ago. Bubble tape is a little hard to find haven't seen any since the 90s. I know my nephews would love bubble tape if I found some!

I remember the Fruit Striped Gum from the early 90s as well. It had a catchy jingle as well: "Yipes...Stripes...Fruit Striped Gum!"

Written By: sheldon on 11/13/11 at 10:43 pm

To the original posts ages ago concerning the fruit filled strawberry wheatie things, I found the answer...

In the 1990s, Kelloggs sold "Strawberry Mini-Wheats" which contained strawberry filling in the middle. Although discontinued, and most people colloquially refer to "Frosted Mini-Wheats Strawberry Delight" as "Strawberry Mini-Wheats" now, the new "Touch of Fruit in the Middle Mixed Berry" mini-wheats very closely resemble the original "Strawberry Mini-Wheats".

I was talking about these to someone, ran across the ancient threads, and decided to revenge my statement and provide an answer.  Sorry I was 5 years too late.... ROFL

Written By: BritL on 11/23/11 at 5:10 am

French Toast Crunch!!!

Written By: Rhodes on 11/23/11 at 8:39 pm

Does anyone remember Oreo O's? Pepsi Blue? String Thing?

pepsi blue? that was introduced in 2002 and discontinued in most places in 2004

Vanilla Coke

that only got the boot in the mid 2000s. but it goes back long before the 90s

Written By: MrBuckness on 11/24/11 at 9:43 am

i cannot believe noone has said this one yet...TWINKIES! not cloud cakes not sponge puffs...FREAKING TWINKIES!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/24/11 at 9:26 pm

i cannot believe noone has said this one yet...TWINKIES! not cloud cakes not sponge puffs...FREAKING TWINKIES!

Dude, I know things are bad, but the Zombiepocalypse hasn't happened yet.  

3Z7gZdiyPTw

It's been a while since I went on a road trip to check, but I'm pretty sure that Twinkies are still readily available at nearly every chain grocery store in North America.

Written By: K on 01/04/12 at 2:32 pm

The Lion King bar was I think just a regular Crunch bar with the picture imprinted on it. I remember it pretty well.

Also, why hast thou forsaken me, Jell-O Pudding Pops? I need you in my life.

Written By: Voices_Carrie86 on 01/07/12 at 11:44 pm

You can find Dunkaroos at any Dollar General store. It's where I buy them all the time!

I do so miss Doo Dads tho!

Written By: JPwell 84 on 01/19/12 at 11:32 am

I'm so glad that someone else remembers the Cookies n Cream Twix! I had them one summer at a day camp that my friends and I all went to when we were kids.....probably 92 or 93. After camp I used to always ask my mom if we could have one and she swore they didn't make them. We looked in the grocery stores all over. Haha, glad to know I'm not crazy!

Here are some of my other favorites (disclaimer, they might still make some of these, but I haven't seen them in ages)

*Tart -n-tinys
*Checkerboard Cheetos ( I still look for these everytime I go to the grocery store in hopes they'll bring them back)
*Smarties Pops (we used to get these at the rec center where we played softball as kids)
* Not sure of the name, but they were candy powder filled plastic fruits (also a ball field candy)
* Sprinkle Spangles
* Choco Tacos
* My sister and I loved HYpe stripe gum......especially the commercials with the zebra.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/23/12 at 7:33 pm

Someone mentioned Surge earlier, but anyone remember Kick soda drink.  It'd be similar to Vault nowadays  Also, the 3D Doritos were the bomb, absolutely amazing.

I'm pretty sure Bubble Tape is still around.  My daughter has gotten it quite a few times from the gas station.

Kick.  That was the best and the drink I miss the most.  I used to ride my bike to the store in high school (early 90s) and buy it for 39c.  Then it went to 49c, but I could still find a lot of 39c bottles if I dug.  Then it went to 79c.  Last time I had it was in 1998, a girl I dated at the time bought me a case of it.  Yes Vault is kinda similar, but it's not the same.

Vanilla Coke.  Pretty sure I bought one last month and have bought quite a few in recent years.  Actually 5 years ago I never even heard of it.

Combos, they're everywhere.  They came out with a new (at least to me) salsa flavor a few years ago.  Tastes ok if you can get past the glue smell.

I miss Pringles Butter & Herbs, but that was 80s.  What I miss from the 90s is the Pringles cans where the lid would conveniently snap onto the bottom of the can while you were eating them.  They must have changed the can to use less steel, but it bothers me because now I have to hold the cap or it gets lost.

Written By: mikaela on 01/25/12 at 8:13 pm

WONDER BALL!!! :Dhttp://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/174680_186364604729899_8562_n.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderball-candy/186364604729899&h=180&w=180&sz=16&tbnid=65mDHAS-OipXEM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=90&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwonder%2Bball%2Bcandy%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=wonder+ball+candy&docid=WN_dFEZeDLTOIM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=h7YgT8uICaevsQLojfHBCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQ9QEwAA&dur=865

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/12 at 1:08 pm

I'm pretty sure Bubble Tape is still around.  My daughter has gotten it quite a few times from the gas station.

Kick.  That was the best and the drink I miss the most.  I used to ride my bike to the store in high school (early 90s) and buy it for 39c.  Then it went to 49c, but I could still find a lot of 39c bottles if I dug.  Then it went to 79c.  Last time I had it was in 1998, a girl I dated at the time bought me a case of it.  Yes Vault is kinda similar, but it's not the same.

Vanilla Coke.  Pretty sure I bought one last month and have bought quite a few in recent years.  Actually 5 years ago I never even heard of it.

Combos, they're everywhere.  They came out with a new (at least to me) salsa flavor a few years ago.  Tastes ok if you can get past the glue smell.

I miss Pringles Butter & Herbs, but that was 80s.  What I miss from the 90s is the Pringles cans where the lid would conveniently snap onto the bottom of the can while you were eating them.  They must have changed the can to use less steel, but it bothers me because now I have to hold the cap or it gets lost.

I remember that Pringles can, but it was a useless invention to me.  Once I took the lid off, I'd buzz through the whole can.  That's why I don't buy Pringles anymore!

I never liked Combos.  Too processed.  They were always hard and crumbly and something in them made me feel ill.
8-P

I still resent Ben & Jerry's for doing away with Bovinity Divinity.  It was milk chocolate and white chocolate ice cream with milk chocolate and white chocolate cow-shaped candies. 
http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/ben-jerrys-ice-cream-102521.jpg
Can't even find a good picture of the carton!  Most retired Ben & Jerry's flavors (Dastardly Mash, PBJ, Chunky Monkey, Chubby Hubby, etc.) was stoner ice cream.  Too many gimmicky mix-ins that did not compliment the ice cream.  BD was nice and smooth chocolate with just the right amount of chocolate pieces in it.
:(

Here's to fans of Robert Frost and S.E. Hinton.  Not strictly nineties, I just like the pic...

http://www.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/TwinkieHeader.jpg

Written By: Howard on 01/30/12 at 2:01 pm

I remember that Pringles can, but it was a useless invention to me.  Once I took the lid off, I'd buzz through the whole can.  That's why I don't buy Pringles anymore!

I never liked Combos.  Too processed.  They were always hard and crumbly and something in them made me feel ill.
8-P

I still resent Ben & Jerry's for doing away with Bovinity Divinity.  It was milk chocolate and white chocolate ice cream with milk chocolate and white chocolate cow-shaped candies. 
http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/ben-jerrys-ice-cream-102521.jpg
Can't even find a good picture of the carton!  Most retired Ben & Jerry's flavors (Dastardly Mash, PBJ, Chunky Monkey, Chubby Hubby, etc.) was stoner ice cream.  Too many gimmicky mix-ins that did not compliment the ice cream.  BD was nice and smooth chocolate with just the right amount of chocolate pieces in it.

Here's to fans of Robert Frost and S.E. Hinton.  Not strictly nineties, I just like the pic...

http://www.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/TwinkieHeader.jpg

When did they stop with that flavor of Ben And Jerry's? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/12 at 8:17 pm

When did they stop with that flavor of Ben And Jerry's? ???

Oh gosh...I think around 2004.  There was no announcement.  I just couldn't find my Bovinity Divinity anymore!
They still make PHISH Food, which is almost as good, there's just too much caramel goop in it.

Written By: KatieKate on 02/27/12 at 10:25 pm

So, two of these are drinks, one's a condiment, and only one is truly a 90s thing (and not early 2000s), but...Pepsi Twist (with the lemon flavor?), Fizzies (fizzy fruit tablets that dissolved in water), and the colored ketchup that Heinz used to make?

Written By: Jaype on 02/28/12 at 11:21 pm

I remember these small chocolate graham cookies with a white dipping cream on the side... Are those still around??

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/29/12 at 6:40 am

I remember these small chocolate graham cookies with a white dipping cream on the side... Are those still around??

That's Dunkaroos, and like a previous poster said, are still found at Dollar General an dperhaps some other places. I agree that I miss Doo Dads (actually it came out in the late '80s), and it seemed to get harder and harder to find in the late '90s/early '00s before finally disappearing around 2004. At least I enjoy my Chex Mix (actually the Stop & Shop store brand tastes better).

In 2006 Nabisco released an updated successor to Doo Dads called Mixers, with the ritz bitz without any topping the only difference between Mixers and Doo Dads.

Written By: yelimsexa on 02/29/12 at 6:46 am

That's Dunkaroos, and like a previous poster said, are still found at Dollar General an dperhaps some other places. I agree that I miss Doo Dads (actually it came out in the late '80s), and it seemed to get harder and harder to find in the late '90s/early '00s before finally disappearing around 2004. At least I enjoy my Chex Mix (actually the Stop & Shop store brand tastes better).

In 2006 Nabisco released an updated successor to Doo Dads called Mixers, with the ritz bitz without any topping the only difference between Mixers and Doo Dads.

According to this link, Doo Dads actually came out in the late '60s:
http://gbnfgroceries.blogspot.com/2011/11/from-snack-aisle-doo-dads.html

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/29/12 at 10:12 am

what about Lotsa Fizz?

Written By: moonlitestar88 on 03/05/12 at 2:39 pm

Fruit String Thing
Trix Pops
Amazin' Fruit
Teddy Grahams Dizzy Grizzlies
Farley's Ninja Turtles: Fruit Snacks
GoGurt (do they still make this?)
Disney Wonder Ball

DunkAroos are thankfully still around. I've been able to find them at large Walmarts with a grocery store. You can also buy them on amazon.

Written By: af2010 on 03/06/12 at 11:04 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned (didn't want to look through 15 pages), but does anyone else remember these:

http://www.goldenagecartoons.com/miscjunk/TysonAd.jpg

Written By: nally on 03/06/12 at 6:46 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned (didn't want to look through 15 pages), but does anyone else remember these:

http://www.goldenagecartoons.com/miscjunk/TysonAd.jpg

Oh yes, I remember seeing them advertised on TV about 20 years ago. And I did try one or two of them.

Written By: nancy on 03/10/12 at 12:45 am

AHHHH!! That has been bothering me for ages!! I know exactly what you're talking about, but none of my friends remember these, even though I KNOW we all ate them! I NEED to find out what these are called, it's seriously driving me crazy lol. Now I know they actually exist because I'm not the only one who remembers them.

WHEAT CRUNCH!!! It was driving me crazy too! had to resort to facebook!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/12 at 12:45 am

Virgin booty.

Written By: Howard on 03/12/12 at 6:44 am

Virgin booty.

that's a snack food?  ;D

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 03/12/12 at 6:58 pm

Mmmm I love me some Dunkaroo's right about now...but what about 3D Doritos? The pyramid shaped ones...those were soooo good too.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/12 at 6:36 am

Mmmm I love me some Dunkaroo's right about now...but what about 3D Doritos? The pyramid shaped ones...those were soooo good too.

Dunkaroos were good.

Written By: nally on 03/13/12 at 10:17 am

Dunkaroos were good.

I'm sure they were... can't even remember the last time I ate any

Written By: Carlie on 03/18/12 at 9:22 pm

Does anyone remember these yogurts: they came in a round pot nd i think u got a free toy with them and ther was these sprinkles that u poured on the yogurt. acutally no it was more of a hoop of yogurt with the toy in the middle and the sprinkles were attached to the lid under foil??? please its driving me crazy trying to remember what theyre called!!

Dannon sprinklin's maybe? I have fond memories of fun dip...I haven't seen that in forever...but they sell gushers right here at our local cvs, and combos and bugles are everywhere too. Haha bubble tape oh man...member the ads?..."6 feet of bubble tape for you...not them!"

Written By: Carlie on 03/18/12 at 9:35 pm

Omg I also have great memories of this weird chewing gum...it came in a tube and had the consistency of toothpaste but once you started chewing it...it turned into chewing gum...it was only around for a little while but I though it was the sooooo cool haha

Written By: amjikloviet on 03/19/12 at 9:47 am

Omg I also have great memories of this weird chewing gum...it came in a tube and had the consistency of toothpaste but once you started chewing it...it turned into chewing gum...it was only around for a little while but I though it was the sooooo cool haha

Hm, I vaguely remember it. I can't remember if it was a tube with gum balls or a if it looked more like a tube of toothpaste.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/12 at 1:42 pm

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmI_YA1EYPEvBsvp8sEdnGmWxr1VTf_vduWAP31jlqOM3-DaLxEhn-7F6l4g

would it be this?  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/12 at 8:26 pm

that's a snack food?  ;D

Go to the 7-11 and ask the gal behind the counter!
:-\\

Written By: Howard on 03/20/12 at 6:38 am

Go to the 7-11 and ask the gal behind the counter!
:-\\

She'd slap me in the face.  :o

Written By: Ali on 04/04/12 at 7:21 am

Fundamiddles...these little rectangular shaped things that came in individual snack bags.  The outside was like a cross between chex cereal and a graham cracker, and the inside was filled with a hard chocolate.  Someone else mentioned these as being called Fundamentals, and I think that they were actually Fundamiddles; oh, how I wish they'd bring these back!  Why do they discontinue things that are so unanimously popular!?  :(

Written By: nally on 04/04/12 at 12:44 pm

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmI_YA1EYPEvBsvp8sEdnGmWxr1VTf_vduWAP31jlqOM3-DaLxEhn-7F6l4g

would it be this?  ???

Now that looks rather unusual...

Written By: Howard on 04/04/12 at 7:33 pm

Now that looks rather unusual...

It was bubble gum in a toothpaste tube just squeeze the gum from the tube and have as much as you want.

Written By: frances on 05/27/12 at 6:36 pm

I loved those--at first under the chocolate layer there was a toy ball with a Disney figure inside.  After a few years they got rid of the toy ball/figure and just started putting candies under the chocolate layer.  They weren't as exciting after that.

Maybe a lot of kids were accidently swallowing the ball under the chocolate layer(?)

Actually, candy with toys inside of them were banned un the U.S... I just read about it yesterday.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/27/12 at 8:28 pm

Actually, candy with toys inside of them were banned un the U.S... I just read about it yesterday.

The War On Chocolate Eggs has been going on for a few years now:

FDA, Import Alert 34-02, Detention Without Physical Examination of Confectionery Products Containing Non-Nutritive Components

"Import Alert 34-02 was created as the Agency was made aware of a product called "Kinder Surprise Eggs", and similar articles containing imbedded, non-nutritive objects, being offered for sale in the United States. The imbedded non-nutritive objects in these confectionary products may pose a public health risk as the consumer may unknowingly choke on the object."

Pursuand to this, CBP has been proudly trumpeting their success: Don't Be "Surprised" by Kinder Eggs: Seizures Double.  From around 30,000 eggs to over 60,000 eggs last year!  Rejoice, citizen, your government's productivity has been doubled!

And lest you think they're going after big-time smugglers and importers, no, they're going after vacationers who have the temerity to bring back adulterated products.  Seven-page letters requesting permission to "formally authorize the destruction" of the Kinder Egg, or a $250 storage fee to contest the charge, and threats of $300 penalties if you're ever caught with one behind the star-spangled curtain. 

So here's to the FDA, CPB, CSPA, and everyone else working together to bring choc and awe to whose who'd dare threaten their children by bringing home a Kinder egg.  I feel much safer now.  Don't you?

O say does that star-spang'd banhammer yet waive,
O'er the land of the fee,
And the home of the safe!

/raises a sad toast to Lady Liberty, another one who apparently never came back home from the war.

Written By: JTRSTP on 06/14/12 at 12:49 pm

Does anybody remember this snack food i used to eat at the babysitters, it was like a potato chip but they were shaped like dinosaurs? I think it was like a Jurassic Park thing?

Written By: TD3000 on 06/28/12 at 12:56 am

I miss Butterfinger BB's and Buncha Crunch, even though they were just variations. Oh, and Squeezeit too.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/12 at 6:55 am

I miss Butterfinger BB's and Buncha Crunch, even though they were just variations. Oh, and Squeezeit too.

I think they still Butterfinger BB's.  ???

Written By: nally on 06/28/12 at 10:40 am

I think they still Butterfinger BB's.  ???
I haven't seen 'em lately, much less looked for 'em. But I do remember that their advertising campaign used to have the Simpsons in it.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/12 at 2:31 pm

I haven't seen 'em lately, much less looked for 'em. But I do remember that their advertising campaign used to have the Simpsons in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtFEuEgwHuw

Simpson's Butterfinger BB's from 15 years ago.

Written By: Starde on 06/29/12 at 12:01 pm

I remember that commercial! I can't remember if I ever tried some of that.

Written By: Jerri on 08/04/12 at 9:42 pm

Thin & Crispy Golden Flake Sour cream & Onion Chips & Sour Cream & Onion Doritos!!!!!

Written By: popguru85 on 08/09/12 at 11:07 pm

Crystal Pepsi
Surge
Taco Bell and Pizza Hut Doritos
Wonderball
TMNT pudding pies
Waffle Crisp
French Toast Crunch
Oreo-O's Cereal
Ecto Cooler
Fruit Stripe gum
BK Big King
3D Doritos
Arch Deluxe
PB Crisps
Crispy M&M's
Pop Tarts Cereal
Resses Cookie Cups
Tato Skins
Rice Crispie Treats Cereal

Written By: ExtremeMan8 on 08/09/12 at 11:54 pm

Meatloaf Crunch!  ;D

Written By: nally on 08/10/12 at 11:25 am

I thought it was longer ago than that. Closer to 20 years ago.

Written By: Justin on 11/12/12 at 7:52 pm

Fact you can still get Dunkaroos @ Walmart!!

Written By: nally on 11/13/12 at 4:57 pm

Fact you can still get Dunkaroos @ Walmart!!

I think you can still find 'em at chain grocery stores as well; I saw some at Vons not too long ago.

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/15/12 at 8:46 am

Gingerbread vanilla ice cream sandwiches sold around the holidays. I'm sure they're still made somewhere in this world, but in my neck of the woods, they seemed to disappear after the '90s.

Subject: chocolate cake bars from the 90's

Written By: dantefunkmaster on 03/04/13 at 1:46 pm

does ANYONE know the name of these chocolate snack bars? they were individually wrapped in a maroon like shiny wrapper, came in a box, and they were almost flat chocolate cake bars, with a fudge in the middle (a very tiny layer) and i think they had a squiggle of white cream on the top...they were so good...my mom bought them all the time...and one day i noticed they were gone....sad

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/04/13 at 8:59 pm

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/245/101/245101649_640.jpg

From 1988-mid 1990s.  :(  I used to drink this stuff as if it was going out of style.  :( But I haven't seen this stuff since the mid 1990s.  :(

Written By: Howard on 03/05/13 at 7:06 am

From 1988-mid 1990s.  :(  I used to drink this stuff as if it was going out of style.  :( But I haven't seen this stuff since the mid 1990s.  :(

I was thinking you could order this online but DAMN! the product has been discontinued. :(

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/05/13 at 10:20 am

I loooooooooooooved New York Seltzer!!

Subject: Re: chocolate cake bars from the 90's

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/05/13 at 4:40 pm

does ANYONE know the name of these chocolate snack bars? they were individually wrapped in a maroon like shiny wrapper, came in a box, and they were almost flat chocolate cake bars, with a fudge in the middle (a very tiny layer) and i think they had a squiggle of white cream on the top...they were so good...my mom bought them all the time...and one day i noticed they were gone....sad

Would it be the Yorkie?

http://sweets.seriouseats.com/assets_c/2011/04/20110421-british-candy-yorkie-thumb-500xauto-155110.jpg

Written By: nally on 03/05/13 at 5:06 pm

Come to think of it, me neither. In fact, I have memories of seeing it advertised on TV in the 80's (c. 1985-87 or thereabouts) and also seeing it in stores around that time.

Written By: Howard on 03/06/13 at 6:43 am

Would it be the Yorkie?

http://sweets.seriouseats.com/assets_c/2011/04/20110421-british-candy-yorkie-thumb-500xauto-155110.jpg

Why would it be NOT for girls?  ???

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/06/13 at 11:09 am

Why would it be NOT for girls?  ???

Why are you asking me? dantefunkmaster was the one who asked about it? ::)

Subject: taco bell snacks from the 90s/2002s

Written By: lee baker on 03/10/13 at 3:48 pm

:o

I don't know if they came from taco bell or not, but they were in a push put container (not like push up pops with a stick) and they had a silver foil on the top you had to remove and sometimes the rim would get eaten or come apart to. They came in flavors like cherry, mango, etc... My best friend and I *now 30* were trying to think of what they were called and can NOT come up with the answer to save our life. If you ever do a search on yahoo, bing, or msn, all you end up getting are choco tacos or kids licking a Popsicle. Any help would be amazing. THANKs for your time. Love every one of you! And what's up with this verification code system this website has. It's like impossible to tell what's what. Even when I click to listen *I'm not deaf* it still lies about the letters.

If you help me with the answer, I'll vacuum your floor! Maybe.

:D

Written By: amjikloviet on 03/11/13 at 2:46 pm

Why are you asking me? dantefunkmaster was the one who asked about it? ::)

Hahaha, lol.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/12/13 at 2:06 pm

Come to think of it, me neither. In fact, I have memories of seeing it advertised on TV in the 80's (c. 1985-87 or thereabouts) and also seeing it in stores around that time.

The Original New York Seltzer ads got a lot of radio play in Toronto.  I just loved this stuff.  It was refreshing and bubbly.  I liked it more than 7-UP and Sprite.  :)

Written By: Kate on 04/10/13 at 9:12 pm

This is a super old thread now but I remember dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets ( i saw some similar at harris teeter lately )and then some smilie face French fries.

Written By: Liz on 09/24/13 at 10:43 pm

I know the meal in the yellow box you mean. They are called lunch ables and yes they stii exist.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 09/24/13 at 11:03 pm

I found them on a convienence store counter.  I had the pretzel and cheese ones.  They're a great little breakfast item for the lazy days when you don't want to eat properly and you don't want to go back to school.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/25/13 at 1:46 am

I found them on a convienence store counter.  I had the pretzel and cheese ones.  They're a great little breakfast item for the lazy days when you don't want to eat properly and you don't want to go back to school.
they sell Combos at Best Buy  :o    they have lots of snacks and drinks up front by the cashiers. I bought a bag last week. hadn't had them in a long time. they were good at first. I left them unopened in my car for about 30minutes. when I got back into my car they had a strong cheesy smell, an unpleasant strong smell  8-P

Written By: Howard on 09/25/13 at 6:32 am

They still sell Combos, should be in the snack section in any supermarket.

Check for new replies or respond here...