inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What ever happened to the group Slaughter

Written By: kellygoo72 on 03/13/06 at 3:39 am

I was at a friends house and she had all these old magazines like Metal Edge and Hit Parader and we saw pics of Slaughter.. I knew Tim KElly passed away :\'(, but I wondered what ever happened to the rest of them?  I thought Blas Elias was such a dolly :-*

Subject: Re: What ever happened to the group Slaughter

Written By: SingBlueSilver on 03/13/06 at 5:18 am

I saw them perform back - oh I guess it was around 2000-2001.  They were on the same bill with Dokken, Faster Pussycat and Poison (Poison was the headlining act), and I believe they were doing sort of a modified world tour of 80s bands. 

There was another version of that same tour a couple years after that that included Cinderella instead of Slaughter.  Not really sure what happened to any of them after that.

Written By: Webstor on 03/13/06 at 6:10 am

I saw them live in a bar in Youngstown, OH back in summer of 1999 i think.

Then I saw them again a year or 2 later at Blossom Ampitheatre near Cleveland.....
they were on tour with Quiet Riot,

Written By: Webstor on 03/13/06 at 6:12 am

I saw them live in a bar in Youngstown, OH back in summer of 1999 i think.

Then I saw them again a year or 2 later at Blossom Ampitheatre near Cleveland.....
they were on tour with Enuff Z enuff, Quiet Riot, Warrant, and Poison.
I think it was called the "Glam Slam Metal Jam" tour.

They still sounded the same to me
didnt know they had deaths in the band though...sad

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/13/06 at 1:20 pm

Last I heard Slaughter was still around touring. Haven't heard anything out of them in years but there a good band. Great 80's metal band.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/13/06 at 9:55 pm

I used to like them back in the day! ;)

Written By: whistledog on 03/13/06 at 10:01 pm

They got slaughtered.  LOL

I remember Slaughter, but not any particular songs

Written By: kellygoo72 on 03/13/06 at 10:06 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: kellygoo72 on 03/16/06 at 1:05 am

Last I heard Slaughter was still around touring. Haven't heard anything out of them in years but there a good band. Great 80's metal band.
mark slaughter, dana, and blas elias are still the lineup or is there new people in the band?

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/16/06 at 10:50 am

mark slaughter, dana, and blas elias are still the lineup or is there new people in the band?

Yeah there all still in the group.

Written By: natasha on 06/15/06 at 11:56 am

Yeah there all still in the group.

yeah they are,all 'cept tim,he died in a car accident  :( they have a new guitarist named jeff blando now.
(I LOVE MARK SLAUGHTER!HE'S THE HOTTEST THING EVER!)

Written By: IWannaBeAGoonie on 06/19/06 at 12:17 am

I've got a couple of the newer cd's, but to be honest even I  don't know exactly what all  became of them after Tim Kelly died..I know Mark has had a couple of sons (well, his gf/wife has..LOL  ;)), and that Blas was in Rock Star.. I check around for info on them every so often, but haven't really come across anything new recently. Last time I looked for their newer cd's, the only one I could find that I didn't already have was a Greatest Hits cd of some sort.

I saw them back in 1990 with KISS, though.
Course they had a meet and greet kinda thing up here later in the 90s for the fan club members, but I didn't want to make the drive to Seattle on my own and my fiancee wouldn't take me.  :\'( 

I think he was just jealous, because I had always sworn I'd marry Mark one day..but obviously, I didn't, I married him!  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...