inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: favorite books as a kid in the 90s?

Written By: eightbitgirl on 03/14/06 at 10:46 am

like.. BSC, American Girl, Sweet Valley High?
or something more along the lines of Judy Blume, RL Stine, or Mary Downing Hahn?

I was looking through a box of stuff to eBay and I found all of my old favorite kids' books, and was wondering what everyone else's were..

Subject: Re: favorite books as a kid in the 90s?

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/15/06 at 9:00 am

When I was a young kid, I remember reading books like Alice in Wonderland, Chronicles of Narnia, Treasure Island, Tom Sawyer...

And also alot of those short booklet things. Like the Miss and Mr. Men series, Grugg...I remember Goosebumps was a real fad in the early to mid 90s (it even rivalled Harry Potter) and was the thing that got many kids reading. I remember reading a good deal of non-fiction (I still predominantly read non-fiction for leisure), especially unsolved mysteries.etc. I have one hell of an imagination back then...Atlantis, haunted houses - they all fascinated and entranced me. One thing I wish I had more of now.

Check for new replies or respond here...