inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who's the Funniest Character on 'The Simpsons?'

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/15/06 at 9:36 am

I'm going to do an identical thread on other well known 90s comedies, but first the Simpsons...

Highly controversial issue. (Mass riots resulting in extreme violence have been known to occur over this debate), But which Springfieldean is the most most cleverly funny character (not necessarily the one who makes you laugh the most)? Who displays the most subverise satire, the quickest wit? Who do you think is TRULY the funniest?

Though Homer makes me laugh out loud the most often, it is Mr. Burns who takes the cake for me. No more brilliant villain has been conceived than Mr. Burns.
'Ooh, show some ankle momma!'

I find Marge the most boringly conventional (although she can be quirky) and annoying character to watch, followed by Lisa. Ralph comes as second funniest. 'Hey Big Daddy, it's real daddy!', 'My cat's breath smells like cat food!,' (upon going into the adults' section), 'Everybody's hugging!'

Subject: Re: Who's the Funniest Character on 'The Simpsons?'

Written By: KKay on 03/15/06 at 10:03 am

it's hard, but I love when they feature....Hi Everybody! Dr. Nick!
http://www.atlantaillustrated.com/blogs/blog02/uploaded_images/dr_nick_riviera-734744.jpg

Written By: 90's kid on 03/15/06 at 10:10 am

i think the funniest character is homer . i like when he screams "AHH!" lol :D :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/15/06 at 7:28 pm

Groundskeeper Willie

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/scully1/images/willie4.jpg

Written By: kellygoo72 on 03/16/06 at 1:01 am

Lisa is my fav but I think it is a tie between Ned and Homer.. they tickle me! ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/16/06 at 3:09 am

The most obnoxious and unfully character has to be Krusty the Clown...I hope they kill him off soon.

I also forgot (in addition to Groundskeeper) Sideshow Bob. He's also one of the more satirical characters.

Written By: whistledog on 03/16/06 at 3:14 am

of the ones listed, I went with Lionel Hutz (late Canadian actor Phil Hartman voiced Troy McClure as well)

But my true favourite is Mayor Joe Quimby.  Everytime he talks, I laugh ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/16/06 at 7:45 am

I liked Troy McClure alot too.  ;D

http://uloc.nerdtank.org/screenshots/3/3f31_troy.jpg

Written By: KKay on 03/16/06 at 8:43 am

Hey...why is Bart writing on that board in German?!^ lol

I love also the Comic Book Guy- especially when he teams up with Skinner's mother.
And I love Nelson.

Written By: nally on 03/16/06 at 9:41 am

I dunno...I can't decide. But Moe cracks me up whenever Bart calls him up asking for a crazy name, like "Oliver Klozoff" or "Ben Dover" or anything like that. :D

Written By: KKay on 03/16/06 at 9:53 am

I dunno...I can't decide. But Moe cracks me up whenever Bart calls him up asking for a crazy name, like "Oliver Klozoff" or "Ben Dover" or anything like that. :D

ohhhhh classic...
"Amanda Huggenkiss"

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/16/06 at 9:58 am

Moe's funny because he's so psychopathic...I know people who are a bit like Moe, that look like they should be in a mental asylum...

Written By: nally on 03/16/06 at 9:59 am

ohhhhh classic...
"Amanda Huggenkiss"

:D :D :D

Moe: "Why can't I find Amanda Hugnkiss?"
Barney: "Maybe because your standards are too high!"

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/17/06 at 10:14 am

Ralph Wiggum! I have students just like him!

Written By: paradisecity on 03/17/06 at 12:18 pm

Both Homer and Lionel Hutz are the funniest but as Homer is the main character, I vote for him.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/17/06 at 9:32 pm

Never really liked Lionel Hutz much...he's just plain...annoying.

I also think Marge (and possibly Ms. Krabappel) are the only characters which could concievably be real people. Lisa is pretty unrealistic; she would have to be something of a child prodigy to possess the intelligence, articulation of speech, maturity (something even genius cannot foster)...but what am I saying, it is a CARTOON (or is it?).

Written By: nally on 03/18/06 at 9:55 pm

Never really liked Lionel Hutz much...he's just plain...annoying.

I also think Marge (and possibly Ms. Krabappel) are the only characters which could concievably be real people. Lisa is pretty unrealistic; she would have to be something of a child prodigy to possess the intelligence, articulation of speech, maturity (something even genius cannot foster)...but what am I saying, it is a CARTOON (or is it?).

I used to think it was a cartoon, simply because it's an animated show... since I was 10 when I began watching it regularly (that stint lasted a year though). At the time I didn't realize what an "animated comedy" was. Now I know that's what it is.

Check for new replies or respond here...