inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Animanics

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/19/06 at 2:15 pm

Anyone like this show?  Of all of the Warner Bros (and Sister), my favorite one is Yakko.  ;D

Yakko: Would you like it in Japan with Godzilla and Rodan?

Subject: Re: Animanics

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/19/06 at 2:22 pm

Slappy the squirrel was funny as well.  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/19/06 at 2:47 pm

NARF!

"Helllloooooo Nurse"

I did watch this show the odd time.  I liked the Goodfeathers, those mafia type Pigeons.  They always sat atop of a statue of Martin Scorsese  ;D

Subject: Re: Animaniacs

Written By: nally on 03/19/06 at 6:34 pm

I was in my teens during the show's run. I still enjoyed it though. ;D :D

In recent years, it's been on Nicktoons TV, but they don't seem to show it anymore. :-[

Written By: Miss Nostalgia on 03/19/06 at 8:06 pm

I loved that show! Dot, Mindy & Buttons, & Slappy the Squirrel were my favorite. And Chicken Boo too.

Written By: livinonthe80s on 03/20/06 at 1:13 am

I loved when they asked, What are you?... I am a pianist, replied the piano player.  Wakko starts laughing along with Yakko and says, He said he's a penisist!!! ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/20/06 at 1:47 am

It's time for An-i-man-i-acs
And we're zany to the max
So just sit back and relax
You'll laugh till you collapse
We're An-i-man-i-acs
Come join the Warner Brothers
And the Warner sister Dot
Just for fun we run around the Warner movie lot
They lock us in the tower whenever we get caught
But we break loose
And then vamoose
And now you know the plot
We're An-i-man-i-acs
Dot is cute and Yakko yaks
Wakko packs away the snacks
While Bill Clinton plays the sax,
We're An-i-man-i-acs
Meet Pinky and the Brain,
Who want to rule the universe
Goodfeathers flock together,
Slappy wacks 'em with her purse
Buttons chases Mindy, while
Rita sings a verse
The writers flipped, we have no script,
Why bother to rehearse? We're An-i-man-i-acs
We have pay or play contracts
We're zany to the max
There's baloney in our slacks
We're An-i-man-ee
Totally insane-y
Here's the show's namey
Pinky and the brainey
Pinky and the brainey
An-i-man-ee-acs!
Those are the facts!

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/20/06 at 2:52 am

I think I remember watching that show nearly everyday after school in the early to mid 90s...but funny thing is, nothing rings a bell at all. Unlike many of the other shows I watched. I remember Pinky and the Brain, I think that had something to do with Animaniacs (which I thought was made by Disney, which shows you how much I've forgotten).

Written By: Paul on 03/20/06 at 3:01 am

Remember it very well...sadly, it didn't last terribly long...

For a so-called kid's cartoon, it had a lot of adult humour and in-jokes thrown in...and I don't think many people had any idea who it was supposed to be aimed at!

Written By: whistledog on 03/20/06 at 3:07 am

I think I remember watching that show nearly everyday after school in the early to mid 90s...but funny thing is, nothing rings a bell at all. Unlike many of the other shows I watched. I remember Pinky and the Brain, I think that had something to do with Animaniacs (which I thought was made by Disney, which shows you how much I've forgotten).

Pinky and the Brain were from Animaniacs yes.  They were popular enough to get a spin-off cartoon.  Animaniacs and all of it's characters were created by Steven Spielberg for his Amblin Entertainment company :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/20/06 at 9:45 am

I like Pinky and The Brain as well!  ;D

Subject: Re: Animaniacs

Written By: nally on 03/20/06 at 10:25 am

I like Pinky and The Brain as well!  ;D

Yeah, they were originally a part of the show, and then in 1995 they began their own series. They were still part of the "Animaniacs" show even after that.

One of my favourite Animaniacs shorts was "Macadamia," a parody of the "Macarena" song. They threw in a Pinky "NARF!" and a Brain "Yes!!" in there too.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 03/20/06 at 12:27 pm

I liked animanics and is cool but one short is mindy and buttons where mindy runs off and buttons saved her but her paraents blame the dog....hey lady you should keep an eye out for your daughter not have a freaking dog do it!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 03/20/06 at 12:31 pm

Oh I loved this show. Used to watch it every day at 4:00 on the Fox 54 Kids Club in the early/mid 90's. It still does occasionally come on but like alot of those older shows, not very often :(

Written By: star500 on 03/20/06 at 12:44 pm

I used to watch this show when I was quite young, any where from 6-8 years old. I only watched it when we got the free preview weekends of "speciality channels" like TBS, Family Channel, WGN and the the WB. (I'm from Canada!) I liked Pinky and the Brain, Good Idea/Bad Idea, Slappy the Squirrel and of course the segments with Wakko, Yakko and Dot.

Yakko and Wakko: "Hellloooo, nurse!"

Pinky: "So what are we going to do tonight then, Brain?"
Brain: "Same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!"

Good idea: playing in the park.
Bad idea: playing in the parking lot.

Good idea: playing catch with your grandfather.
Bad idea: playing catch with your grandfather.

Written By: nally on 03/20/06 at 1:03 pm

I liked animanics and is cool but one short is mindy and buttons where mindy runs off and buttons saved her but her paraents blame the dog....hey lady you should keep an eye out for your daughter not have a freaking dog do it!

Mindy would run off every time, and Buttons the dog would chase her. She returns home safe and sound (after a long journey); at that point, the mom comes out and finds that Buttons has gotten into trouble, so he gets punished. Also, Mindy also refers to her mother as "Lady": "Okay Lady, I love you, ba bye!"

Written By: Skippy(in but not in) on 03/20/06 at 10:12 pm

I used to watch the satellite downlink to the FOX affiliates(this was before it went into syndication) early Friday mornings. It was great that way--no commercials. I would then proceed to tell everyone what was going to happen while they were watching on Saturday.

Written By: nally on 03/21/06 at 12:02 pm

Good idea: playing in the park.
Bad idea: playing in the parking lot.

Good idea: playing catch with your grandfather.
Bad idea: playing catch with your grandfather.

Oh yes, the shorts with Mr. Skull Head. ;D

A couple other "Good Idea/Bad Ideas" I remember:

Good: Playing the scales on a piano.
Bad: Playing the scales on a fish .

Good: Visiting the circus.
Bad: Having the circus visit you .

Check for new replies or respond here...