inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Who is worse?

Written By: SpaceHog on 03/20/06 at 4:22 pm

I think they are all pretty bad

Subject: Re: Who is worse?

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/20/06 at 4:23 pm

I voted Tag Team 'cause they basically took the same song they ripped off and then released it in various forms. Not necessarily bad, but shows a tad less talent than the other two. Gotta admit, I like Marky Mark and don't mind the Hammer

Written By: SpaceHog on 03/20/06 at 4:26 pm

Ala: whoomp! The Addams family! there it is!

Written By: Electric Youth on 03/20/06 at 8:09 pm

Tag Team

MC Hammer was OK

What ever happened to Marky Mark?  ::)  :P  :D

Written By: whistledog on 03/20/06 at 8:11 pm

I voted for Tag Team.  I didn't like their version of Whoot There it is! and I didn't like the 95 South one either.  The only GOOD version of that song was done by Clock

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/20/06 at 10:03 pm

I voted for Tag Team.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/21/06 at 12:14 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: whistledog on 03/21/06 at 12:37 pm

Who the heck is Clock?  ??? (I'm seriously asking a question, not being sarcastic lol)

The only good version was I-95 - the original.

Clock were a popular early-mid 90's dance duo from England who did many successful cover songs.  Their version Whoomph! (There it is) stormed the dance floors in 1995  :)

Written By: Ebontyne on 03/22/06 at 12:56 pm

I have to admit, I really like that "Good Vibrations" song by Marky Mark. Very catchy and danceable, and so early '90s.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/22/06 at 1:49 pm

[quote author=whis

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/22/06 at 5:58 pm

Tag Team

MC Hammer was OK

What ever happened to Marky Mark?  ::)  :P  :D

Marky Mark is now quite an actor! He was in "Boogie Nights" His real name is Mark Wahlberg, older brother of Donnie Wahlberg of New Kids on the Block.

Written By: Electric Youth on 03/23/06 at 1:17 am

Marky Mark is now quite an actor! He was in "Boogie Nights" His real name is Mark Wahlberg, older brother of Donnie Wahlberg of New Kids on the Block.

I was being sarcastic

Written By: gmann on 03/23/06 at 2:36 pm

For all of the cheese factor involved with the aforementioned groups, at least they never had someone else sing for 'em on their records a la Milli Vanilli. Sorry, but it had to be said.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/23/06 at 2:54 pm

I was being sarcastic

Oh sorry, I'm quite the naive one, I guess  ::)  ;D

Written By: twistedwarp on 03/29/06 at 12:05 am

marky mark hands down ..

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/29/06 at 12:37 am

Tag Team by a long mile.  I grew up in Chicago and when the Bulls 3-peated the first time in 1993, that song was EVERYWHERE and they played it out during the rally, the parade, all the telecasts......Michael Jordan even said "Whoomp There It Is!" during his speech.  Also, they kept remixing that song over and over and giving it new titles......zero originality as far as that goes.

Marky Mark was hot and MC Hammer could dance, so the both of them had something going for them.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/29/06 at 3:11 am

I quite liked that MC Hammer song, 'can't touch this.' They always used to play at during the Basketball (though now it sounds kind of corny). But I was 8 and a basketball fanatic back in 93-94.

Check for new replies or respond here...