inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: SUPER MARIO BROS> SUPER SHOW!!!!

Written By: wendylady on 03/28/06 at 2:20 pm

IT"S BACK!!! in dvd form that is. Hopefully im not the only one who remembers this show. It was on in the mornings Monday thru Friday. Early 90's i believe. Well anywho, I seriously, can't believe it, but I'm definitely getting a copy. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? This show had Captain Lou Albano as Mario, and animated segments mixed into the live action... I took the liberty of finding a site that had a clip. Check it out. If you're as much a Mario Fan as i am, you'll deffinitely know what im talking about.
http://www.shoutfactory.com/selection/289/super_mario_bros._the_super_mario_bros._super_show%21.html

Subject: Re: SUPER MARIO BROS> SUPER SHOW!!!!

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/29/06 at 4:53 am

I'm a Mario fan...of the video games, not the movies/tv series/spinoffs.

If you haven't already you should also check out the official fully-animated series, c.1989-1990. I have a DVD of that.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/29/06 at 10:26 am

Sounds cool.

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/30/06 at 3:16 am

IT"S BACK!!! in dvd form that is. Hopefully im not the only one who remembers this show. It was on in the mornings Monday thru Friday. Early 90's i believe. Well anywho, I seriously, can't believe it, but I'm definitely getting a copy. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? This show had Captain Lou Albano as Mario, and animated segments mixed into the live action... I took the liberty of finding a site that had a clip. Check it out. If you're as much a Mario Fan as i am, you'll deffinitely know what im talking about.
http://www.shoutfactory.com/selection/289/super_mario_bros._the_super_mario_bros._super_show%21.html

Needless to say, I would still like to see it. But then again, don't want to have to buy online again. I'm just not patient enough to wait for delivery..

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/06 at 11:11 pm

I used to watch the animated series every morning before I left for school. :D

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/04/06 at 1:32 am

I remember watching the show while babysitting the neighbor kid. The program was too young for me personally, but the Zelda cartoon they showed on Friday was kinda cool. I even remember laughing when in one of the later cartoons they had Princess Toadstool wearing a "Milli Vanni" sweatshirt!  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 9:16 am

Anyone remember the short-lived Donkey Kong CGI series? Think it aired in the late 90s...

Check for new replies or respond here...