inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Denver, the Last Dinosaur/Other '90s Cartoons

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/31/06 at 5:09 pm

Does anybody here remember this show? I remember liking it alot in the early-mid '90s.

Other early-mid '90sish animated shows I remember very fondly:

-Carmen Sandiego.
-Captain Planet.
-The old X-Men and Spiderman cartoons.
-Ghostbusters.

Subject: Re: Dino The Teenaged Dinosaur/Other '90s Cartoons

Written By: whistledog on 03/31/06 at 6:01 pm

That was actually called "Denver, The Last Dinosaur".  I watched it all the time :)

I remember all of the others you mentioned, except for Carmen Sandiego.  I never watched that one

Subject: Re: Denver, the Last Dinosaur/Other '90s Cartoons

Written By: velvetoneo on 03/31/06 at 7:11 pm

Thanks for the correction!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/06 at 11:10 pm

Yes I remember all of those cartoons/shows.  Do you guys remember, "Ghost Writer?"  it was on the same channel as Carmen Sandiego.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/01/06 at 11:33 pm

Yes I remember all of those cartoons/shows.  Do you guys remember, "Ghost Writer?"  it was on the same channel as Carmen Sandiego.

Yeah, I remember "Ghost Writer"...what channel were all those on? I know my beloved Scooby Doo and other Hanna Barbera reruns were on TNT.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/01/06 at 11:36 pm

Yeah, I remember "Ghost Writer"...what channel were all those on? I know my beloved Scooby Doo and other Hanna Barbera reruns were on TNT.

they were on PBS, I believe...our local station was WQED.

Written By: Criz on 04/02/06 at 7:09 am

I remeber Denver the Last Dinosaur very well indeed!

Infact when I was about 6 or 7, a few of the boys in my class created a 'band' and the theme used to be the headline song of their act. They were complete with cardboard guitars - and me and a few of the girls were their backing dancers! Hehe...those were the days. I also remember the second song in the act was 'Everything I do, I do it For You'-or as it was then called 'Look into my eyes', as being age 6 none of us actually knew the title of the song!!

Written By: Satish on 04/02/06 at 4:54 pm

Actually, "Denver the Last Dinosaur" was originally broadcast in 1988 and 1989, so it's more a cartoon of the late 80s, even if re-runs of it were shown later:

http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?show_id=955
http://www.tv.com/denver-the-last-dinosaur/show/24309/summary.html

But I do remember the X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons from the mid-90s, and I really enjoyed them. They provided some wonderful, thrilling drama.

Written By: sonikuu on 04/02/06 at 5:14 pm

The 90's were truly a golden age of cartoons.  I was never a fan of Carmen Sandiego, but I loved the Spiderman, X-Men, and Batman cartoons from the 90's.  Not to mention all the great Nickelodeon shows.  Speaking of mid-90's cartoons, does anyone here remember Swat Kats on Cartoon Network?  That show was awesome.  Cartoon Network aired some reruns of it for a week or two back in February, but stopped after two weeks for some reason.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/03/06 at 7:20 am

Fire

Wind

Water

Heart

GOO PLANET

By your powers combined i am captain planet

Captain planet

Hes a hero

Gonna take pollution down to zero

Hes our powers magnbified

And his fighting on the planets side

Captain planet

Hes a hero

Gonna take pollution down to zero

Gonna help him put a stop to

bad guys who like to loot and plunder

You'll pay for this capatain planet

We're the planet-teers

You can be one to

Cause saving our planet is the thing to do

Looting and polluting is not the way

Hear what captain planet has to say

THE POWER IS YOURS"

-END

Wasn't there some 'rumour' that Captain Planet was gay? lol. Was he spose to be an alien or something (I mean, he did have blue skin and green hair). Anyway, who could forget CP. And you could always date it to the late 80s, early 90s, because of the intro...Wind...Linka from the Soviet Union. I also remembered they'd have those helpful 'help the environment' tips for the youngsters. Still, I think they did a good job of educating kids (and even adults) about ecology and conservation. Strangely, I don't remember C.P. spawning a huge merch-industry like Power Rangers. Anyway, one of my favourite early 90s cartoons.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/04/06 at 12:56 pm

^lol Yeah, I remember Captain Planet well(although not sure if he was gay or not). I watched Carmen Sandiago, Ghost Writer, the Spider-Man, Batman, and X-Men cartoons sonikuu mentioned and Swat Kats as well. I liked to watch alot of the disney classics from that era as well like Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, etc. and Fox Kids was the place to be in the mid-90's. The 90's maybe the greatest time for cartoons ever.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/04/06 at 2:24 pm

http://www.turner.com/planet/portuguese/graphics/villains.gif

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 9:00 pm

http://www.turner.com/planet/portuguese/graphics/villains.gif

Who could forget the villains...I challenge anyone here to name all the villains in that pic without cheating. I think the guy with the pony tail was called, 'Loot'n'plunder' (A weird name, I know), and I remember the dominatrix in the purple suit used to knock her victims out with some toxic gas...forget her name though.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/04/06 at 9:28 pm

The only one I remembered without looking was Dr. Babs Blight.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/05/06 at 8:41 am

The only one I remembered without looking was Dr. Babs Blight.

And the pig-man...I forget his name. He drove a gas-guzzling hummer, spoke in a southern accent, and was always gobbling hamburgers! How subtle  ;D

Written By: star500 on 04/05/06 at 10:26 am

I used to like Ducktales, Bucky O'Hare, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago?, Bobby's World and Care Bears. The cartoons from the '80s and '90s were so much better then the ones they have out now. I didn't watch Denver the Last Dinosaur, I never even heard of it until coming on this board, LOL. :D ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...