inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BMX bikes

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/01/06 at 2:03 am

Is the popularity of riding BMX bikes for a leisure, and doing tricks.etc waning? I see fewer and fewer kids/teens on their BMXes these days (or it just my imagination), dunno bout the local track. I used to be quite into it in the late 90s...couldn't do any tricks though, just pretended I could.

Skateboards, however, seem as popular as the 90s.

Subject: Re: BMX bikes

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/06 at 10:18 am

I hardly see BMX Bikes around, but when I do, usually the people who are riding them are punks just lookin' fer trouble

Written By: Darkbreed on 04/01/06 at 11:22 am

I love my Bmx bike i wouldint give it up for the world, but like the kid who do it today are not
true bikers. they ride for the girls not fun, i love to ride fdr ( skate park in philly) 
becuase i love the back bowls, i also love to ride love park in philly, but back to my point.
yes, bike are fadeing and skateboards are getting bigger, but i am not the one to say
that i hate skaters, i dont no why bikers and skater hate each other. both sports
are hard to do. I would love to see bikes come back and
have towns make parks for bikers and skaters.

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/02/06 at 1:30 am

Though I never lived during that time, I also realise competitive BMX races (At all levels) have declined markedly since the very late 70s, early 80s. Perhaps the sport of BMX (both racing and freestyle) needs a Tony Hawk to raise its profile.

Needless to say, I haven't ridden my bike in years. I guess getting a car has made me lazy.

Check for new replies or respond here...