inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Beavis and Butthead

Written By: sonikuu on 04/04/06 at 6:03 pm

Anyone here love Beavis and Butthead?  It's perhaps my favorite 90's show.  While I was too young to experience it at it's height, I watch the reruns that they air on MTV2 all the time.  I would buy it on DVD, but they don't have the music videos on it.  The music videos are definitely my favorite part of show.  Sometimes they're crap, but when they nail it, they nail it.  Anyway, anyone else here love Beavis and Butthead?

Subject: Re: Beavis and Butthead

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/04/06 at 8:58 pm

I wish I'd watched more of that show. Only watched a few eps when we had cable.

Written By: SingBlueSilver on 04/05/06 at 11:40 am

I'm also a huge fan of Beavis & Butthead.  I took a lot of heat back then for liking it but I really thought it was creative humor.  When they made fun of the really cheesy videos, that was one of the best parts!  Did not know the videos weren't available on DVD.  Must be a copyright issue.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/05/06 at 12:00 pm

"We're there, dude"

"Coooome to Butthead"

"I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good"

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/05/06 at 12:09 pm

Yeah, I like Beavis and Butthead. I even watched some of it during it's intial MTV run and try to catch the re-runs on MTV 2 when I can.

Written By: deadrockstar on 04/05/06 at 12:18 pm

Yeah, I like Beavis and Butthead. I even watched some of it during it's intial MTV run and try to catch the re-runs on MTV 2 when I can.

Huh huh, you said runs. ;D ;D

My older cousin said back in the late 80s in Dallas he knew a guy named Ronny who WAS Butthead.  He wore the same kinda clothes(mostly shorts, and rock n roll band t-shirts), had similar hair, and even wore braces for awhile(until he took them off himself in front of a mirror).  This is a guy who LITERALLY tried to eat a lightbulb, DID swallow a bullet, and tried jumping off of the roof of a convenient store on his skateboard; among his better ideas, LOL.  He played guitar and is a semi-professional musician for a living now.  One day he came to my other cousin's house(the one he was friends with's older brother) and they wouldn't answer the door, so he stood outside playing his guitar and singing "I hear you knockin' but you can't come in" ;D ;D

Oh and the last three years on Father's Day he calls my uncle and he doesn't say anything, he just sits the receiver down close to it and plays "Imagine" by John Lennon on the piano.  He still calls himself the "King of Rock N Roll".  Quite the character..

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/05/06 at 2:01 pm

Huh huh, you said runs. ;D ;D

;D

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/05/06 at 2:02 pm

From the little I've seen, YES!  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/05/06 at 7:49 pm

It was ok...

Written By: Webstor on 04/05/06 at 8:12 pm

Was great at first...but like everything else...once we were saturated with it...I had enough....

Written By: bradsbag on 04/08/06 at 9:59 pm

What did I love about beavis and butthead?

I just looooved the way two losers who never had sex, never smoked cigarettes or
did drugs, never physically harmed anyone, and never cheated or stole from anyone,
managed to piss off so many holy-rollin uptight conservative members of our "moral majority".

They were my heros for that alone. 

Written By: woops on 04/08/06 at 11:25 pm

It's funny  ;D

Though MTV2 tend to air the same 10 episodes and the DVD is edited, not just the the videos taken out...

Check for new replies or respond here...