inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The '90s Essay

Written By: Roadgeek on 04/09/06 at 10:31 pm

I wrote an essay at school the other day about the '90s that I'd like you to read.

Please note: The views expressed in this essay are those of me.

http://flashbackcity.blogspot.com/2006/04/essay.html

Subject: Re: The '90s Essay

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/09/06 at 11:19 pm

That's really well written, I liked it.

Written By: audkal on 04/10/06 at 10:40 pm

Hey I thought it was a neat essay, (I was the one who commented on it btw).  :)

Written By: Roadgeek on 04/11/06 at 9:52 am

I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I'm considering expanding it into a book about the '90s. Any suggestions?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 10:18 am

I'm glad you all enjoyed it. I'm considering expanding it into a book about the '90s. Any suggestions?

Yeah, write a chapter for every year of the decade.  I would read it, if it was free.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 04/11/06 at 11:30 am

good essay I want to do a essay for this board for your essay for the 90's decade if not is ok

Written By: Roadgeek on 04/11/06 at 11:47 am

good essay I want to do a essay for this board for your essay for the 90's decade if not is ok

Sure

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 04/11/06 at 12:53 pm

Great Essay Roadgeek :)

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 04/11/06 at 1:48 pm

here is my 90's essay...the 90's is the best decade ever...sure there's the 80's generation saying the 80's the best decade or the 70's generation saying the same thiing but to me is the 90's and here is why the 90's is better than the 60's,70's,80's and 2000's...90's is the decade gave us pop culture,memorable tv moments and sports moments and newsmakers during this decade.....90's rap music began it's hight poplar music or almost the gangster rap movment began,meatl rock is getting surpassed by grunge rock like the bands nivana,pearl jam,soundgarden so on.mtv celebrated 10 years in 1991 on MTV shows like yo! MTV raps,headbangers ball and mtv top 20 countdown! in newsmakers in the 90's like the invasion of kuwait by the Iraqi army and saddam hussen,the gulf war a year later,bill clinton came out of no where and became the most poplar president in history,1995 oklahoma city bombing.also in 1995 OJ trial that resulted a not gulity verdict for OJ,1996 olympic park bombing that almost cancleed the games but the games goes on and brought us the sports moment of that year,when kerri strug landed a jump valult after her ankle was broken.but the newsmaker of the whole 90's was also OJ but in the music entertanment world! when Kurt Cobain Killed himself in his home in Seattle,Washington I remember the news coverage of that year of 1994  MTV was heavy on this story and look at Courtney love now! all in all the 90's rocked and gave us Memories to remember for years and years to come....but the 90's will be remembered as not a decade but the decade of all decades that became a pop culture decade....

Written By: Roadgeek on 04/11/06 at 2:21 pm

here is my 90's essay...the 90's is the best decade ever...sure there's the 80's generation saying the 80's the best decade or the 70's generation saying the same thiing but to me is the 90's and here is why the 90's is better than the 60's,70's,80's and 2000's...90's is the decade gave us pop culture,memorable tv moments and sports moments and newsmakers during this decade.....90's rap music began it's hight poplar music or almost the gangster rap movment began,meatl rock is getting surpassed by grunge rock like the bands nivana,pearl jam,soundgarden so on.mtv celebrated 10 years in 1991 on MTV shows like yo! MTV raps,headbangers ball and mtv top 20 countdown! in newsmakers in the 90's like the invasion of kuwait by the Iraqi army and saddam hussen,the gulf war a year later,bill clinton came out of no where and became the most poplar president in history,1995 oklahoma city bombing.also in 1995 OJ trial that resulted a not gulity verdict for OJ,1996 olympic park bombing that almost cancleed the games but the games goes on and brought us the sports moment of that year,when kerri strug landed a jump valult after her ankle was broken.but the newsmaker of the whole 90's was also OJ but in the music entertanment world! when Kurt Cobain Killed himself in his home in Seattle,Washington I remember the news coverage of that year of 1994  MTV was heavy on this story and look at Courtney love now! all in all the 90's rocked and gave us Memories to remember for years and years to come....but the 90's will be remembered as not a decade but the decade of all decades that became a pop culture decade....

That's perfect! Nice to see that someone else cares about the '90s as much as I do.

Check for new replies or respond here...