inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bakenaked Ladies

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 6:06 pm

Did anyone like Barenaked Ladies?  I think they're very, very Nineties.

Subject: Re: Bakenaked Ladies

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/11/06 at 6:12 pm

Did anyone like Barenaked Ladies?  I think they're very, very Nineties.

Very much so. I still keep up with their albums. Have most except the Christmas one and a few random compilations. I just find their lyrics clever and their music of a cool sort. Good times.

Written By: whistledog on 04/11/06 at 6:15 pm

I always saw them as a 90's band.  Before they broke the American Top 40 in 1999, they were very well known in their native land with many popular hits dating back to 1991 :)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,14263.0.html

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/11/06 at 6:33 pm

Yeah, they're absurdly '90s, almost as much as the Gin Blossoms, Alanis Morisette, Ace of Base, Supersonic, Tonic, Cake.

I remember c. 1998-1999 when they were huge, as part of the whole '90s alternapop thing.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 04/11/06 at 6:35 pm

Yeah, they're absurdly '90s, almost as much as the Gin Blossoms, Alanis Morisette, Ace of Base, Supersonic, Tonic, Cake.

I remember c. 1998-1999 when they were huge, as part of the whole '90s alternapop thing.

They were present up to 2000, again showing that the "Nineties" really ended sometime in 2001.

Written By: velvetoneo on 04/11/06 at 6:39 pm

They were present up to 2000, again showing that the "Nineties" really ended sometime in 2001.

They're just too happy for the emo '00s...they're the epitome of happy, late '90s alternapop.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 04/11/06 at 6:46 pm

But they're still here to some degree... "Another Postcard" got extensive play in my market, probably some others since it had a minor chart showing

By the way, I've just noticed... this thread title is offering some odd cooking advice

Written By: Trimac20 on 04/11/06 at 9:59 pm

Never really liked them. Sort of remind me of the Violet Femmes a bit left off field but still mainstream 'indie' (not by label I don't think)...

Subject: Bare Naked Ladies

Written By: Echo Nomad on 04/12/06 at 12:23 am

Although I heard a few of their song during the later 90's, I really didn't discover them until I ordered their Disc One Cd from BMG. It was actually a second choice after not being able to order a Fastball Cd.

I really enjoyed their last CD and kinda think it was sabotaged by the US Market. While Chimpanzees was a decent track, using it for one of the main songs was a mistake because it helped prove in people's mind about the "One Week" stereotype. However I rarely got to hear it and Testing 123 on air anyway.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/12/06 at 9:08 am

They are a really good band.

I even saw them in concert once.

Written By: Daveyd989 on 04/13/06 at 4:18 pm

yahh i really liked barenaked ladies when i was like 9 i would listen to the song One Week constantly, in fact i still like to listen to it today whenever it's on.

Check for new replies or respond here...