inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Songs I remember from the '90s

Written By: Guest on 04/13/06 at 8:20 pm

I've comprised a list of songs from the '90s that remind me of a paticular time during that decade or that evoke nostolgic memories of where I was or what I was doing when I first heard them.  I'd love to hear some feedback from those who remember these songs as well:

Smell's Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana  Fall 1992
Buddy Holly- Weezer  Fall 1994
Enter Sandman- Metallica  Spring 1992
Funk Dat- ?  Spring 1994
Jump- Kriss Kross  Spring 1992
Under the Bridge- Red Hot Chili Peppers  Summer 1992
Still Not A Playa- Big Pun feat. Joe  Summer 1998
Killing Me Softly- Fugees  Spring 1996
Black Hole Sun- Soundgarden  Fall 1994
Gangsta's Paradise- Coolio  Fall 1995
November Rain- Guns N' Roses  Winter 1992
Free Your Mind- En Vogue  Fall 1992
Subterranean Homesick Alien- Radiohead  Summer 1997
Can I Get A...- Jay-Z  Fall 1998
Tennessee- Arrested Development  Fall 1992
Baby Got Back- Sir Mix-A-Lot  Summer 1992
Nookie- Limp Bizkit  Summer 1999
Rico Suave- Gerardo  Spring 1991
Ruff Rydaz Anthem- DMX feat. Ruff Rydaz  Winter 1999
Whoop! (There It Is)- Tag Team  Summer 1993

Subject: Re: Songs I remember from the '90s

Written By: Ebontyne on 04/13/06 at 8:35 pm

In 1997 I went on a long road trip with my parents to British Columbia in a rented mini-van. During the trip the songs "The Freshman" by The Verve Pipe, "Sunny Came Home" by Shawn Colvin, and "Building a Mystery" by Sarah McLachlan played constantly on the radio. I love all three songs and I associate them with those memories.

Subject: Re: Songs I remember from the '90s

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 04/13/06 at 9:25 pm

Ah yes....the memories! 

1990 - (Bonita Applebum-A Tribe Called Quest)  OOOOOH...I have been an avid TCQ fan since I was little, and I have to say that when I heard that song at my friend's house at the same time his sister was having a sleepover;)...I cringed at its beauty.  It's such a "mackin'" song for 1990, and it just doesn't get any better when you hear the break sample that The Fugees used in "Killing Me Softly".  For the most part, I liked the song soooo much I lip-synched the lyrics to my friend's sister's friend whom I had a crush on... ;D
1991 - (Gypsy Woman(La Da Dee La De Da)-Chrystal Waters) I'm not sorry....I loved this song...I was in Albany, New York with my friend whom I met from a band competition, and we were listening to and making fun of songs on the radio.  This song came on and he was about to make fun of it too.  I told him that if he even thought about it I was going to "make like some boxing gloves and go Mike Tyson all over your a

Check for new replies or respond here...