inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Poison Ivy"

Written By: Alex on 05/03/06 at 10:36 am

I just recently saw the film "Poison Ivy" with Drew Barrymore and that girl from "Roseanne" for the first time in many years on cable TV.  I forgot how much I love this movie (for very, VERY obvious reasons).  Drew was SMOKIN' HOT!!!  Who'd thought that ten years after doing "E.T.", where she's this adorable little pigtailed girl, we'd see her playing the part of a troubled teenage temptress with the long legs and the blonde hair.

But, one thing I am curious about.

The scene where the guy's wife is laying on the bed, apparently in a coma, or something, he looks as if he is nuzzling her right leg, after fondling it.  I know the scene was simulated in some areas, but was he lingering on her leg, or in between her legs.  I was always curious about this scene.  However, I could not believe that they would allow a 16-year-old girl do such graphic scenes with a man that age.  Yeah, at times there was a body double, but in most scenes it was very obviously her.

Subject: Re: "Poison Ivy"

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/03/06 at 10:39 am

Hey, can't say I've seen that movie. But a word of advice, if you want to find heaps of info on specific movies check out the imdb.com boards. They over-analyse everything to death!

Written By: Alex on 05/03/06 at 11:55 am

IMDB, I tried it.  Not very helpful when it comes to anylizing movies.  They are all really childish on those boards.

Written By: Erick on 05/03/06 at 1:44 pm

I saw this movie a couple of years ago. She is very hot and psychotic in this movie!

Written By: Alex on 05/03/06 at 1:48 pm

It is a toss up between Drew's performance in "Poison Ivy" and Alicia Silverstone in "The Crush".  Nothing sexier than a crazy teenage girl!  I can say that safely, because I'm 18 - >HEEHEEHEE<- Something else I thought I'd share....I only recently found out that they guy in "The Crush" is the actor who played Wesley in "Princess Bride".  No wonder he was struggling with the English accent.

:) ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...