inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Weirdest smelling perfumes

Written By: Satish on 05/04/06 at 4:25 pm

I was just wondering, what are some of the more unusual scents of perfume you've come across?

Back in 1996, when I was a 16 year old high school student, I was sitting in class one time, when all of a sudden, I smelled marshmallows, and I started getting hungry. I figured that someone must have opened up a bag, so I said aloud, "Hey, I smell marshmallows." There was this girl sitting next to me with bright white nail polish who was wearing a beret, and she said "It's vanilla, actually." Then I realized, it was her perfume I was smelling! This girl actually had vanilla-scented perfume!

Food-scented perfume! How freaky is that?  :D

And I was actually getting hungry, smelling it!  ;D

Subject: Re: Weirdest smelling perfumes

Written By: whistledog on 05/04/06 at 10:38 pm

In the early 90's, I used to be in a bowling league, and one Sunday, only one person on the opposing team showed up, and it was a girl.  She was wearing this real strong perfume that smelled like raw sewage, and she was wearing a whole lot of it.  I nearly got sick to my stomach that day.  It was the worst scent I ever smelled, and one I hope I never have to smell again

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/04/06 at 10:43 pm

I was just wondering, what are some of the more unusual scents of perfume you've come across?

Back in 1996, when I was a 16 year old high school student, I was sitting in class one time, when all of a sudden, I smelled marshmallows, and I started getting hungry. I figured that someone must have opened up a bag, so I said aloud, "Hey, I smell marshmallows." There was this girl sitting next to me with bright white nail polish who was wearing a beret, and she said aloud "It's vanilla, actually." Then I realized, it was her perfume I was smelling! This girl actually had vanilla-scented perfume!

Food-scented perfume! How freaky is that?  :D

And I was actually getting hungry, smelling it!  ;D

yes, there are a few brands that have a vanilla scent....I actually used to wear a perfume called, "Cherry Vanilla"....it smelled good enough to eat!! :) ;)

Written By: Watcher29 on 05/05/06 at 9:26 am

I think vanilla is a very sexy scent. I used to work with a lady who had vanilla perfume. Used to drive me nuts, and I think it was on purpose too.

Check for new replies or respond here...