inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Full House - late '80s or early '90s show?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/06/06 at 4:11 pm

I'd say it's kinda a 1990 sort of thing.

Subject: Re: Full House - late '80s or early '90s show?

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/06/06 at 4:21 pm

I say it's a more of an Early 90s show

The show lasted from Late 1987 until the Summer of 1995.  The peak of the show was spent in the Early 90s and the Last 2 seasons or so were a little too Mid 90s, so it evens out to Early 90s, in my opinion

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/06/06 at 4:22 pm

I think that like Family Matters, its peak was about 1991.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/06/06 at 4:35 pm

I think that like Family Matters, its peak was about 1991.

Yeah, it peaked in that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the "'80s are over but the '90s are waiting to happen" period, that was very conducive to things being suburban.

Written By: jersey_bwoy2078 on 05/06/06 at 8:47 pm

Two names - four words - and three syllables I have to say about that show.....nerd bomber & geek burger (with cheese and onions only please...thanks) ;D!!!!!!

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/07/06 at 1:16 am

It's more of an early '90s thing.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/07/06 at 2:00 am

I wish I could remember that show...all I remember was Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen...can't believe they're about my age!

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/07/06 at 2:50 am

I wish I could remember that show...all I remember was Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen...can't believe they're about my age!

I can't remember it firsthand ... but according to my parents I watched it as a baby.

Written By: Ebontyne on 05/08/06 at 12:03 pm

Full House must be one of the corniest sit-coms of all time, but it was comfortable viewing and the corniness didn't stand out to me as much when I was a kid. Plus Uncle Jesse was hot.

I guess I'd say early '90s, because that's when I used to watch the show. Though it's not like 1991 sit-coms are worlds away from 1988 anyway -- I mean, that's only three years apart.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/08/06 at 12:21 pm

Full House must be one of the corniest sit-coms of all time, but it was comfortable viewing and the corniness didn't stand out to me as much when I was a kid. Plus Uncle Jesse was hot.

I guess I'd say early '90s, because that's when I used to watch the show. Though it's not like 1991 sit-coms are worlds away from 1988 anyway -- I mean, that's only three years apart.

I actually never watched Full House as a child, though I've watched it multiple times since then. I remember the Olsen Twins' solo stuff from the mid-'90s, though.

Written By: Classie83 on 05/20/06 at 10:17 pm

Are you serious? you can't remember full house? maybe you just didn't really watch it that often. my brother born in 90 remembers it like TGIF still comes on.

Anyway, I'd say that it's really an early 90's show because that's when it was most popular...around 1991-2

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/21/06 at 2:45 pm

I'd say it's kind of a 1990 thing.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 05/22/06 at 5:21 am

This was my favorite sitcom in the late 80's/early 90's, but stopped watching it regurly around 1993 or 1994. I've watched some reruns over the years, and the show is incredibly corny and cringeworthy at times. I'd say it's more of a early 90's show.

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 05/22/06 at 10:38 am

I always thought it was an 80s show, because I watched it primarily during 1987 to 1990, and lost interest in the show around 1990.  It did have a longer run in the 90s, up till 1995, but it's premise was founded in 1987, thus making it pretty 80s to me.

If a person is are a serious fan of the show, and really weren't around for the 80s, then they may want to classify Full House as being more 90s, so you can feel better about claiming it as "yours/ours".

Written By: CharmedPrue2001 on 05/22/06 at 8:22 pm

the show didn't do well when it first aired it started making an impact in the 90's early i remember seeing it as a kid around 1992 and i also remember seeing the last esp in 1995

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/25/06 at 8:25 am

I always thought it was an 80s show, because I watched it primarily during 1987 to 1990, and lost interest in the show around 1990.  It did have a longer run in the 90s, up till 1995, but it's premise was founded in 1987, thus making it pretty 80s to me.

If a person is are a serious fan of the show, and really weren't around for the 80s, then they may want to classify Full House as being more 90s, so you can feel better about claiming it as "yours/ours".

I agree, even though my watching span was sort of the opposite of yours, as I started getting into it around '93 (ironically I've come to like it even more in the last few years than I did then - perhaps 'cause of nostalgia).

There were clear "phases" of it, I think it got probably more sappy-ish (nothing wrong with that, though! ;) ) in the latter half, especially after Jesse and Rebecca had the twins. I'd say the "feel" was probably always a bit '80s (1989 '80s, but still '80s), just in that "suburban, comfy family" sense, although they were very good about updating certain aspects and trends on the show to be '90s-esque. There were several Beavis and Butthead references in the last season or two, and DJ's early "frizzy" hairstyle wasn't hanging around into 1994 or anything, LOL.

Written By: whistledog on 05/25/06 at 10:43 am

Same here

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/25/06 at 10:45 am

I agree, even though my watching span was sort of the opposite of yours, as I started getting into it around '93 (ironically I've come to like it even more in the last few years than I did then - perhaps 'cause of nostalgia).

There were clear "phases" of it, I think it got probably more sappy-ish (nothing wrong with that, though! ;) ) in the latter half, especially after Jesse and Rebecca had the twins. I'd say the "feel" was probably always a bit '80s (1989 '80s, but still '80s), just in that "suburban, comfy family" sense, although they were very good about updating certain aspects and trends on the show to be '90s-esque. There were several Beavis and Butthead references in the last season or two, and DJ's early "frizzy" hairstyle wasn't hanging around into 1994 or anything, LOL.

I think it was an 1989 '80s sort of thing...like Home Alone, etc.

Check for new replies or respond here...