inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: You're A True 90s Child if you...

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:16 pm

These are 20 things that almost every kid who 'really' grew up in the 90s did (I'm not giving an 'age'). This is how it will be scored;

16-20: True 90s: You've probably got a big Power Rangers poster on your bedroom wall.
12-16: Still a 90s kid, but you weren't really in touch with the 90s.
  8-12: Not really.
  0-8: Not at all

1. You played Super Mario World on SNES.
2.  You played Donkey Kong on SNES.
3.  You HAD a Super NES.
4. You played a Nintendo 64.
5. You remember being really excited about school sports events.
6. You traded/bought basketball/baseball cards.
7. You played POGS/Tazos in the mid-90s.
8. You had at least 5 Power Rangers/G.I. Joe/Mighty Max toys.
9. You watched Nickoloden regularly
10. You went to at least one pool party and danced to 'Aqua' in the late 90s
11. You went to a skating rink and danced to Aqua's 'Barbie' Girl
12. You watched Cartoon Network regularly
13. You watched Sesame Street regularly
14. You remember playing with Transformers
15. You remember at least one song from pre-1993
16. You still use the word 'dork'
17. You didn't grow up with the Internet.etc until you were into high school
18. You remember having a walkmen/CD-Discman
19. You watched Disney movies incessantly
20. You were a member of a boy-scout/girl guide/junior sports team

A few bonus points;

You prefer 'the Simpsons' to 'Futurama', 'Party of 5 to the O.C.' (though you'll be a bit young to remember that), 90s sitcoms to 00s sitcoms.

Subject: Re: You're A True 90s Child if you...

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:17 pm

I score about an 18 or so on this.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:19 pm

I score about an 18 or so on this.

Join the club  :D

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/10/06 at 9:20 pm

I'm about a 13....but I never played video games, my parents never exposed me to it, so I'd need a less video game biased, more TV-focused test. I counted dancing to "Barbie Girl" on many occasions for those "Barbie Girl" questions, at large events.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:20 pm

Join the club  :D

I still got my pog book, the slammer things are somewhere too.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/10/06 at 9:21 pm

I still got my pog book, the slammer things are somewhere too.

Yeah, I have my pogs somewhere.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:21 pm

I got my SNES for Christmas in 1992.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:21 pm

I had just about every '90s game system at one point actually.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 9:22 pm

These are 20 things that almost every kid who 'really' grew up in the 90s did (I'm not giving an 'age'). This is how it will be scored;

16-20: True 90s: You've probably got a big Power Rangers poster on your bedroom wall.

3.  You HAD a Super NES.

I scored a 16

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:22 pm

Yeah, I have my pogs somewhere.

Thought you'd have been a bit young to really get into that fad. I think it peaked about '95 or so, when you'd still have been 5. I'd imagine a lot of older kids would have cheated you out of your 'valuable' pogs!  ;)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:23 pm

Thought you'd have been a bit young to really get into that fad. I think it peaked about '95 or so, when you'd still have been 5. I'd imagine a lot of older kids would have cheated you out of your 'valuable' pogs!  ;)

1995 for my birthday is exactly when I got my pogs, lol.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/10/06 at 9:23 pm

I had a ton around 1995. I mostly kept and not traded them. Our video store sold them when it first opened around then.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:25 pm

I was big into baseball cards when I was like 5 in 92, most of my cards come from around that timeperiod actually.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 9:25 pm

I had a ton around 1995. I mostly kept and not traded them. Our video store sold them when it first opened around then.

How on earth could you have Pogs at 5 years old?

Sometimes I think you and Donnie lie about ALOT of stuff you did in the '90s...

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:27 pm

You're not really spose to 'trade' Pogs. You're supposed to play for them. We always played, but rarely for keeps  :D. I also remember 'Glo-Caps' - like Pogs but glow in the dark, and how we used to value the special 'red' glow pogs, which actually could be worth a fair bit. I actually remember one boy buying one for about $20, if memory serves me.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:29 pm

You're not really spose to 'trade' Pogs. You're supposed to play for them. We always played, but rarely for keeps  :D. I also remember 'Glo-Caps' - like Pogs but glow in the dark, and how we used to value the special 'red' glow pogs, which actually could be worth a fair bit. I actually remember one boy buying one for about $20, if memory serves me.

yea I had a plastic gameboard thing for them too.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:29 pm

Let's not let the accusations fly just yet...

when you're really nostalgic about a period, you can be a bit...liberal with your memory.

Nah, just kidding, I doubt velvotneo/donnie would lie about things they did in their childhood. I know a 1990ers experience isn't a whole different to mne.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:30 pm

Let's not let the accusations fly just yet...

when you're really nostalgic about a period, you can be a bit...liberal with your memory.

Nah, just kidding, I do believe you did the stuff you say you did. I know a 1990ers experience isn't a whole different to mne.

You can definitely be into things at 5 years old, I know I was. It seems so very young to us now, but some us were smart little 5 year olds. So I don't doubt what Donnie and Veletoneo say.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 9:32 pm

It seems as if, for some strange reason, that people Born more recently, have a Much better memory of a younger age

It's like, if you're Born in, say, 1985, you don't remember anything until you're about 7.  But if you're born in 1989 or 1990, you seem to remember things well from when you're 3 and older...

It just doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe there is more to it, maybe it's some scientific thingy.  If so, then I wish I were born in 1989 or 1990

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:32 pm

You can definitely be into things at 5 years old, I know I was. It seems so very young to us now, but some us were smart little 5 year olds. So I don't doubt what Donnie and Veletoneo say.

I just wish I had the same grasp of when I was 5 as them, pity I don't. That was back in 1991, a lifetime ago....they would have still been in diapers back then!

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:34 pm

It seems as if, for some strange reason, that people Born more recently, have a Much better memory of a younger age

It's like, if you're Born in, say, 1985, you don't remember anything until you're about 7.  But if you're born in 1989 or 1990, you seem to remember things well from when you're 3 and older...

It just doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe there is more to it, maybe it's some scientific thingy.  If so, then I wish I were born in 1989 or 1990

Nah, I think it's just the person. Either they have a very good memory, or like to think they do (from reading about it, listening to old music). Cos' no one wants to only remember the 00s, and not be part of a previous era.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:35 pm

Everybody can remember things before they were 7, maybe not with total clarity but they can remember. The first year I really remember with any decency is when I was 4 in 1991, I definitely without a doubt remember things from 1991. You can remember stuff from as early as 3 or so.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 9:35 pm

I just wish I had the same grasp of when I was 5 as them, pity I don't. That was back in 1991, a lifetime ago....they would have still been in diapers back then!

I don't remember a single thing from when I was 5, or maybe I do, but I don't remember that I was 5 at the time  ;D

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:36 pm

I don't remember a single thing from when I was 5, or maybe I do, but I don't remember that I was 5 at the time  ;D

I remember stuff, but nothing about pop culture. Mostly about what toys I played with, my obsession with Dinosaurs, going to the zoo, the park, the vaguest memories of old TV shows. That's why I too am puzzled how Donnie Darko.etc can remember TV shows so well from 1994-95, so I get where you're coming from.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:38 pm

I remember stuff, but nothing about pop culture. Mostly about what toys I played with, my obsession with Dinosaurs, going to the zoo, the park, the vaguest memories of old TV shows. That's why I too am puzzled how Donnie Darko.etc can remember TV shows so well from 1994-95, so I get where you're coming from.

Well I don't remember much about pop culture either at 5. But I do remember like the Barney show, lol, and some nickelodeon shows.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 9:40 pm

All I know that I was doing in 1991 was attending Day Care all day the entire year (I had not started School yet).  So I can't really imagine how I would remember anything from when I was 5 if all I did was constantly go to Day Care all day every day the entire year.  Basically, nothing really stands out for me from that time

I'm able to remember a certain age if I were attending School at the time or something, because I have memories of each Grade of school

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:41 pm

Well I don't remember much about pop culture either at 5. But I do remember like the Barney show, lol, and some nickelodeon shows.

Yeah, in a way I do remember some pop-culture. Mostly TV and movies. I remember Sesame Street, Barney, Play School, Postman Pat, Raggie Dolls, Gumby from as early as 1990, with coherent memories coming about 1991-92.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:42 pm

All I know that I was doing in 1991 was attending Day Care all day the entire year (I had not started School yet).  So I can't really imagine how I would remember anything from when I was 5 if all I did was constantly go to Day Care all day every day the entire year.  Basically, nothing really stands out for me from that time

I'm able to remember a certain age if I were attending School at the time or something, because I have memories of each Grade of school

But you don't remember the 'look' of things back in 1991-92? Donnie and velvetoneo claim to have been aware of the look of the mid-90s, when they were about 4-5, but I can't remember anything about the urban landscape, how the cars.etc looked until maybe 93 or so.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:43 pm

Yeah, in a way I do remember some pop-culture. Mostly TV and movies. I remember Sesame Street, Barney, Play School, Postman Pat, Raggie Dolls, Gumby from as early as 1990, with coherent memories coming about 1991-92.

Oh yea and Seasame Street as well. I used to watch Barney like every morning before preschool circa 1992.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:44 pm

But you don't remember the 'look' of things back in 1991-92? Donnie and velvetoneo claim to have been aware of the look of the mid-90s, when they were about 4-5, but I can't remember anything about the urban landscape, how the cars.etc looked until maybe 93 or so.

I remember some of the fashion and enviroment mainly from being in the mall with my mom, we drove old cars at that time so that I don't remember so much.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 9:44 pm

I do remember that around 5 and 6 years old, I was religiously watching "Pee-Wee's Playhouse" when it came on CBS Saturday Mornings.  I would also go to "Red Giraffe" (A Video Store) and rent the tapes for "Pee-Wee's Playhouse" episodes and watch them all day long  ;D

Written By: Roadgeek on 05/10/06 at 9:45 pm

I scored a 9. :\'( But I'm still a '90s kid! I may have been born in '89 and wasn't exactly exposed to a lot of '90s things, but I was and always will be a kid of the '90s!

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:46 pm

One thing that they were wrong on is Donnie lumped 1995 for example together with the early '90s, and I told him that 1995 was incredibly different from the early '90s because it was. 1995 has more in common with 1997 and 98 than with 92 imo.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 9:48 pm

One thing that they were wrong on is Donnie lumped 1995 for example together with the early '90s, and I told him that 1995 was incredibly different from the early '90s because it was. 1995 has more in common with 1997 and 98 than with 92 imo.

1995, to me, was a year on it's own.  It was alot like 1994, but it wasn't really anything like 1993 or 1996.  So I usually count 1994 and 1995 as almost the same year (Also the 2 best years of the '90s)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:49 pm

Yes, anyone old enough in that period would have REALLY know ( ;)). They say 1982-85 is truly 'early Y' because they had an appreciation of a pre-digital era...I think '95 was like a unique island - totally different to both 94 and 96. Yes, 1995 slightly late 90s. The jump from 94 to 95 was like the jump from 95 to 97-98.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:50 pm

1995, to me, was a year on it's own.  It was alot like 1994, but it wasn't really anything like 1993 or 1996.  So I usually count 1994 and 1995 as almost the same year (Also the 2 best years of the '90s)

I agree...I forgot the term, it was a 'unique' year, a strange sort of time. A bit like 1967, a 'quirk' in the pop cultural timeline.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:50 pm

Yea that's true. They are some of the best '90s years, along with 1996 imo. Really the mid '90s as a whole was the best part of the '90s.

Written By: Roadgeek on 05/10/06 at 9:51 pm

Alright, I remember watching Pee-Wee's Playhouse a lot on tape in the early '90s, most Nickelodeon shows, Cartoon Network, playing N64, and SNES. I actually got the SNES after N64.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 9:52 pm

Yea that's true. They are some of the best '90s years, along with 1996 imo. Really the mid '90s as a whole was the best part of the '90s.

That's because the Mid '90s are the "True" '90s.  1990-1993 was still lingering from the Late '80s, while 1997-1999 were headed for the Early '00s

1994-1996 were THE '90s

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:53 pm

Alright, I remember watching Pee-Wee's Playhouse a lot on tape in the early '90s, most Nickelodeon shows, Cartoon Network, playing N64, and SNES. I actually got the SNES after N64.

I almost went thru the whole Nintendo gamut, excepting the NES.

Got a SNES in early 1995
A gameboy pocket in 1996
a N64 in August 1997
A Gamecube in 2002

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:53 pm

Yes, anyone old enough in that period would have REALLY know ( ;)). They say 1982-85 is truly 'early Y' because they had an appreciation of a pre-digital era...I think '95 was like a unique island - totally different to both 94 and 96. Yes, 1995 slightly late 90s. The jump from 94 to 95 was like the jump from 95 to 97-98.

I would say I grew up in the pre digital era, digital really didn't take over till I was nearly a teenager in 1999. I grew up on analog stuff no doubt. I was a tech nut too as a kid, so I was aware of it all from a very young age. The people that know the '90s best beginning to end from a young person's perspective were born in the late '70s up till about 1982.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:54 pm

That's because the Mid '90s are the "True" '90s.  1990-1993 was still lingering from the Late '80s, while 1997-1999 were headed for the Early '00s

1994-1996 were THE '90s

Yea I agree.

Written By: Roadgeek on 05/10/06 at 9:54 pm

I agree, I love 1994, 1995, and 1996. Especially '94.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:55 pm

I would say I grew up in the pre digital era, digital really didn't take over till I was nearly a teenager in 1999. I grew up on analog stuff no doubt. I was a tech nut too as a kid, so I was aware of it all from a very young age. The people that know the '90s best beginning to end from a young person's perspective were born in the late '70s up till about 1982.

Yeah, my fondest years are the one's I remember best, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 and 1998.

Technically you were never a teen in the 90s, if you're profiles right.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 9:56 pm

Yeah, my fondest years are the one's I remember best, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 and 1998.

Technically you were never a teen in the 90s, if you're profiles right.

I was 6 months away, lol.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:56 pm

The MOST 90s year was 1995... (of course, seems so obvious!)

I used to think it was 1994, but looking back, '94 had a heap of 90s influence. 1996 was too much like the 00s.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 9:57 pm

I almost went thru the whole Nintendo gamut, excepting the NES.

Got a SNES in early 1995
A gameboy pocket in 1996
a N64 in August 1997
A Gamecube in 2002

Oh Man, you really missed out not having a "NES"

Here is how mine went...

Got an "NES" for Christmas 1990
Got a "Gameboy" for Christmas 1992
Got a "Sega Genesis" sometime in 1995
Got a "Virtual Boy" for Christmas 1995
Got a "SNES" in September 1997 at a Yard Sale at my Church (I was a little late getting a SNES, lol)
Got an "N64" for Christmas 1997

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 9:59 pm

Here is how mine went...

Got a "SNES" in September 1997 at a Yard Sale at my Church (I was a little late getting a SNES, lol)

Traitor  >:(!

I did have the SMB Allstars pack for SNES, so at least I didn't miss out on the original Mario series. And I later played NES Roms on my PC, so I guess I didn't totally miss out.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 10:00 pm

SNES: Christmas 92
Genesis CDX: Christmas 94
Game Gear: 1994
Game Boy: 1994
Virtual Boy: Birthday 95
Saturn: Christmas 95
Playstation: Christmas 96
N64: Spring 1997 (then I took it back, lol)
Gameboy pocket: 1997
Dreamcast: 9/9/1999

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 10:22 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention all of the other Gaming Systems I got

Got "Gameboy Color" for Christmas 1996

Got "Playstation" in Early 2000 (My friend actually just gave me his for Free, since he was contantly grounded and could never play it anymore)

Got "Dreamcast" for my Birthday in 2000

Got "Gameboy Advance" for Christmas 2001

Got "PS2" in April 2002 (I had to sell my N64, Playstation, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and my Dreamcast to a "Buy, Sell & Trade" Store and traded them all in for Store Credit which in return got me a "PS2")

Got "X-Box" for Christmas 2002

Got a "Dreamcast" again in 2003 (Since I had previously sold my other to get a PS2)

Got another "PS2" for Christmas 2003 (Because I gave my previous one to my brother after I got my X-Box)

Got a New Thinner "PS2" in September 2005

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 10:24 pm

Cripes, your parents must've been pretty generous...

The only non-nintendo consoles I owned was Sony PSP and course PC. So apart from that I've remained loyal to Nintendo ever since. After the disappointment of the Gamecube, however, I think that's going to change in the future.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 10:26 pm

The only non-nintendo consoles I owned was Sony PSP and course PC. So apart from that I've remained loyal to Nintendo ever since. After the disappointment of the Gamecube, however, I think that's going to change in the future.

I really bankrupted my parents over the years with all the computers and game systems and crap. They spent freakin $1200 on a camcorder for me in 1995.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 10:28 pm

I really bankrupted my parents over the years with all the computers and game systems and crap. They spent freakin $1200 on a camcorder for me in 1995.

What would a 7 year old want with a $1200 camcorder? Shoot his own episode of Power Rangers using Action figures?  ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 10:30 pm

What would a 7 year old want with a $1200 camcorder? Shoot his own episode of Power Rangers using Action figures?  ;D

I was 8 1/2 in Christmas 1995. I've been making tapes since 1996, it's a hobby of mine.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 10:30 pm

lol, Parent, actually (Only lived with my Mother)

And actually, we have never been very wealthy, until late 2003 when we recieved a check in the mail for 40 Thousand Bucks (Dead Relative)

But overall, I ended up buying Three Playstaton 2's, lol.  My first one I ended up giving to my older brother after I got an X-Box, so I bought a 2nd one in December 2003.  And just this past September I got a New Thinner PS2, because my other one wasn't working properly (It kept making strange grinding noises and some games would not play)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 10:31 pm

My parents were never wealthy, they used to buy everything on credit.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/10/06 at 10:31 pm

lol, Parent, actually (Only lived with my Mother)

And actually, we have never been very wealthy, until late 2003 when we recieved a check in the mail for 40 Thousand Bucks (Dead Relative)

But overall, I ended up buying Three Playstaton 2's, lol.  My first one I ended up giving to my older brother after I got an X-Box, so I bought a 2nd one in December 2003.  And just this past September I got a New Thinner PS2, because my other one wasn't working properly (It kept making strange grinding noises and some games would not play)

You must've been real game nuts... ;)

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/10/06 at 10:34 pm

You must've been real game nuts... ;)

You Bet.  Gaming was my Life  8)

Not much anymore like it used to be though.  Not many great games anymore.  I used to love the days of "Mortal Kombat", "Donkey Kong" and "Goldeneye"

Now it's all Roleplaying junk and other action games that I can't get into

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/10/06 at 10:35 pm

You Bet.  Gaming is my Life  8)

Not much anymore like it used to be though.  Not many great games anymore.  I used to love the days of "Mortal Kombat", "Donkey Kong" and "Goldeneye"

Yea it was mine too, I don't play too much anymore though since I spend so much time on the computer. I still pull out the xbox sometimes though.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/06 at 3:35 am

You Bet.  Gaming was my Life  8)

I'm a retro gamer, but I still like the play the current batch of games. Not that excited about the XBOX 360, but I'm going to get the PS3 when it comes out. I'll probably play it to death for a few months and then forget entirely about it, just like my PSP!

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/11/06 at 5:15 am

I said, my video store sold them when they first opened. I didn't "play" for them, though...I just liked the way they looked and I think I played with them by myself...I probably have about 40.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/06 at 5:20 am

I said, my video store sold them when they first opened. I didn't "play" for them, though...I just liked the way they looked and I think I played with them by myself...I probably have about 40.

You wouldn't have been too old for the Pokemon/Harry Potter craze...

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/11/06 at 5:25 am

You wouldn't have been too old for the Pokemon/Harry Potter craze...

I was sort of on the periphery of the pogs craze...however, I was well old enough for the Pokemon/Harry Potter/Magic card craze c. 1998.

Written By: MotleyCrueFan'05 on 05/11/06 at 9:00 am

Here is how mine went...

Got a "SNES" for Christmas 1995
Got an "N64" somet time in 1998
Found a Sega Genesis in a trash can sometime in 2001. amazingly it still works.
Got an "NES" in 2002 from a yard sale

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/06 at 10:01 am

Got a "SNES" for Christmas 1995
Got an "N64" somet time in 1998
Found a Sega Genesis in a trash can sometime in 2001. amazingly it still works.
Got an "NES" in 2002 from a yard sale

That's where it belongs!!  ;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/11/06 at 2:00 pm

3.  You HAD a Super NES.

I scored a 17, not bad.

As far as video games go:

I got a SNES in 1993
I got a Genesis in 1994
I got an NES in 1995
I got an N64 in 1998

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/11/06 at 2:01 pm

I scored a 17, not bad.

As far as video games go:

I got a SNES in 1993
I got a Genesis in 1994
I got an NES in 1995
I got an N64 in 1998

What do you think the peak '90s child year is, like 1988, since they were just about old enough for everything from the mid-late '90s you mention? It's ironic they ended up being THE most Y year.

Written By: Roadgeek on 05/11/06 at 2:16 pm

What do you think the peak '90s child year is, like 1988, since they were just about old enough for everything from the mid-late '90s you mention? It's ironic they ended up being THE most Y year.

I was born in '89 and I can remember a lot from the '90s. Even though I only scored a 9.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/11/06 at 2:33 pm

Yeah I say 1988 as well. Either then or '87 would be a peak '90s child being 2/3 at the beginning of the decade and 11/12 at the end.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/11/06 at 6:22 pm

I think the things about being in boy scouts and being excited about school sporting events are sort of inconsequential, that applies to being a kid in ANY decade. That, and not growing up with the internet until high school...that's more a '90s teen thing. That, and the baseball card thing. That is like something '40s kids were into, it's not SPECIFICALLY '90s. Most of the non-video game specifically '90s things I did. Even Pogs I owned when I was 5 for the novelty value, though I don't think I really got what I was supposed to do with them until later.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/11/06 at 7:19 pm

I think the things about being in boy scouts and being excited about school sporting events are sort of inconsequential, that applies to being a kid in ANY decade. That, and not growing up with the internet until high school...that's more a '90s teen thing. That, and the baseball card thing. That is like something '40s kids were into, it's not SPECIFICALLY '90s. Most of the non-video game specifically '90s things I did. Even Pogs I owned when I was 5 for the novelty value, though I don't think I really got what I was supposed to do with them until later.

Yea I agree many of those things are not necessarily specifically '90s.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/06 at 8:41 pm

Yea I agree many of those things are not necessarily specifically '90s.

I just listed them because I think they were so much more commonplace in the 90s compared to today, of course hardly exclusively 90s. Indeed, there were probably more boy scounts in the 80s than 90s, but I'm just going from what I remember from my childhood. The sports cards obsession really peaked in the early 90s, and is a very important part of 90s nostalgia.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/11/06 at 8:47 pm

I just listed them because I think they were so much more commonplace in the 90s compared to today, of course hardly exclusively 90s. Indeed, there were probably more boy scounts in the 80s than 90s, but I'm just going from what I remember from my childhood. The sports cards obsession really peaked in the early 90s, and is a very important part of 90s nostalgia.

Or re-peaked, the original peak was like pre-'50s.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/11/06 at 8:51 pm

Yea I collected baseball cards from around 1992-1996 or so, I have a couple huge books of cards. I also collected many toy cars in the early '90s. I was also in the scouts in the '90s, though my troop only consisted of 3 kids which is part of the reason I quit it after a while.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/11/06 at 8:52 pm

Yea I collected baseball cards from around 1992-1996 or so, I have a couple huge books of cards. I also collected many toy cars in the early '90s. I was also in the scouts in the '90s, though my troop only consisted of 3 kids which is part of the reason I quit it after a while.

I had a huge collection of Spiderman cards. Does that count?

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/11/06 at 8:54 pm

Those magic card things were also huge as well. Well it has to count for something, because it was something you collected then.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/06 at 8:58 pm

Yeah Comic book cards were also very big, but a different sort of phenomena. Did anyone here collect comic books? I never did, for some reason, and I never remember them being that popular. Think they began declining around the very early 90s.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/11/06 at 9:01 pm

Yeah Comic book cards were also very big, but a different sort of phenomena. Did anyone here collect comic books? I never did, for some reason, and I never remember them being that popular. Think they began declining around the very early 90s.

I remember comic books being big, but I never really collected them, I did have a few though I believe.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/06 at 9:05 pm

I remember comic books being big, but I never really collected them, I did have a few though I believe.

In many ways my childhood was similar to Bart Simpson's - very architypically 90s. Except I seldom went to the video arcade (and going would be a real luxury). I do remember buying squishies from the convenience store/service station though! But what I liked about the 90s was our parents weren't half as paranoid as today's parents and we were able to play outdoors, ride our bikes.etc, get fresh air. I really should be doing more of that now.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/11/06 at 9:09 pm

In many ways my childhood was similar to Bart Simpson's - very architypically 90s. Except I seldom went to the video arcade (and going would be a real luxury). I do remember buying squishies from the convenience store/service station though! But what I liked about the 90s was our parents weren't half as paranoid as today's parents and we were able to play outdoors, ride our bikes.etc, get fresh air. I really should be doing more of that now.

Yea I always played outside and I had a great imagination during my early childhood. I used to love to go to the video arcades, I actually found some of old tokens from the one place I used to go to recently. Then came the late '90s and the internet began to take over my life, lol.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/11/06 at 9:13 pm

Yea I always played outside and I had a great imagination during my early childhood. I used to love to go to the video arcades, I actually found some of old tokens from the one place I used to go to recently. Then came the late '90s and the internet began to take over my life, lol.

Yes, I still remember those very early computer games I used to play. Like Frogger, Wingman, Seven Seas, Prince of Persia, Monkey Island and the Windows games like that skiing game, pinball, and of course good ol' favourites like Minesweeper (never liked Solitaire).

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/13/06 at 4:17 am

Does anyone remember using P-486's with Windows 3.1? In school we had 'computer class' where we learnt such basic things as what a keyboard is, what a monitor is, what a computer is and the differences between them.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/13/06 at 9:02 pm

Does anyone remember using P-486's with Windows 3.1? In school we had 'computer class' where we learnt such basic things as what a keyboard is, what a monitor is, what a computer is and the differences between them.

We used to use the Apple IIgs's, but yea I remember learning all that.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/13/06 at 10:09 pm

Nothing beat the Lucas Arts point and click adventures...I only got into them when I was older - about 10 or so, but were still just as popular up til' then, and perhaps even now.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/20/06 at 10:08 pm

I think anyone born from about 1975 to 1992 could claim to be a child of the '90s.

Written By: Classie83 on 05/20/06 at 10:08 pm

3.  You HAD a Super NES.

A few bonus points;

You prefer 'the Simpsons' to 'Futurama', 'Party of 5 to the O.C.' (though you'll be a bit young to remember that), 90s sitcoms to 00s sitcoms.

Wouldn't consider Sesame St an essential to being a 90's child as its been on for ages.

Written By: Roadgeek on 05/20/06 at 10:22 pm

Wouldn't consider Sesame St an essential to being a 90's child as its been on for ages.

Well, I did watch Sesame Street everyday in the '90s, but I never watch it in the '00s for obvious reasons. That's me at least.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/20/06 at 10:24 pm

I think anyone born from about 1975 to 1992 could claim to be a child of the '90s.

Yeah, that's about the "'90s" range, people born from 1975 at the earliest to 1992 at the latest, to have been "touched by the '90s."

Written By: Roadgeek on 05/20/06 at 10:26 pm

Yeah, that's about the "'90s" range, people born from 1975 at the earliest to 1992 at the latest, to have been "touched by the '90s."

LOL. I was born in that time frame and yes I've been "touched by the '90s". ;D

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/20/06 at 10:26 pm

I agree.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/21/06 at 5:44 pm

Yes, it's not exclusively a 90s thing, but if you weren't really a 90s child if you didn't watch it...

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/21/06 at 8:37 pm

Yes, it's not exclusively a 90s thing, but if you weren't really a 90s child if you didn't watch it...

I think it's more of a '70s child thing, if you had to pinpoint it to a decade. It's one of those things Gen Xers nostalgized about in the '90s from their childhoods, like Schoolhouse Rock and E-Z Bake Ovens.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/22/06 at 3:39 pm

I think it's more of a '70s child thing, if you had to pinpoint it to a decade. It's one of those things Gen Xers nostalgized about in the '90s from their childhoods, like Schoolhouse Rock and E-Z Bake Ovens.

The whole Jim Henson thing was still quite prominent throughout the '80s. I never liked Sesame Street as a tot, so I prefered Mr. Rogers more. My mom thought that was kinda odd because my brother LOVED Sesame Street. The only one I really liked on Sesame Street was Big Bird and the grumpy garbage can monster. E-Z bake ovens were also popular in the '80s. My cousin and I each had one. The cakes tasted kinda crappy, but we felt accomplished.  :)

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/22/06 at 3:53 pm

I remember that from the '90s as well. I wonder where that E-Z bake oven is now, lol.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/22/06 at 3:53 pm

I remember that from the '90s as well. I wonder where that E-Z bake oven is now, lol.

I remember those

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/23/06 at 3:31 am

The whole Jim Henson thing was still quite prominent throughout the '80s. I never liked Sesame Street as a tot, so I prefered Mr. Rogers more. My mom thought that was kinda odd because my brother LOVED Sesame Street. The only one I really liked on Sesame Street was Big Bird and the grumpy garbage can monster. E-Z bake ovens were also popular in the '80s. My cousin and I each had one. The cakes tasted kinda crappy, but we felt accomplished.  :)

I remember the play oven/play kitchen fad thingie in the early 90s...kids spent so much time pretending to 'play house' and do 'pretend chores', when they could have spent the time actually doing the same chores in real life!

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 3:04 am

Do you think those born in 1990+ are really 90s children? I mean, they would have only come of age about 1995-96...which is nearing the end of the 90s. I think the dividing line is anyone who was old enough to really get into the Pokemon craze (about 10) in 1999.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:10 am

Do you think those born in 1990+ are really 90s children? I mean, they would have only come of age about 1995-96...which is nearing the end of the 90s. I think the dividing line is anyone who was old enough to really get into the Pokemon craze (about 10) in 1999.

They're main childhood (preteen childhood that is) is from around 1996-2002, so you could say they're later '90s-early '00s children. They were definitely part of the late '90s as kids.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 3:14 am

They're main childhood (preteen childhood that is) is from around 1996-2002, so you could say they're later '90s-early '00s children. They were definitely part of the late '90s as kids.

The quintessential 90s childhood thing was probably playing basketball/trading basketball cards in the early to mid 90s, wearing baseball caps.etc, sleepover parties watching Power Rangers or Care Bears or something like that. If you were born in 1990 you would have been a touch young to participate in that scene.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:17 am

The quintessential 90s childhood thing was probably playing basketball/trading basketball cards in the early to mid 90s, wearing baseball caps.etc, sleepover parties watching Power Rangers or Care Bears or something like that. If you were born in 1990 you would have been a touch young to participate in that scene.

Probably, they're maybe not a true '90s child, but more of a later '90s child.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 3:19 am

Probably, they're maybe not a true '90s child, but more of a later '90s child.

Yeah, not a core 90s child...

I think to be a 'True 90s child' you would have to have remembered ALL of the 90s years. So by that measure I'd barely be a 'true 90s child' with my memory starting about 1990-91 or so.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:21 am

Yeah, not a core 90s child...

I think to be a 'True 90s child' you would have to have remembered ALL of the 90s years. So by that measure I'd barely be a 'true 90s child' with my memory starting about 1990-91 or so.

I can remember a couple things probably pre 91, but for the most part my real memory begins in 1991, I definitely remember a number of things that occurred in 91.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:22 am

The '90s were definitely my childhood years, while the '00s are my teen/early 20s years.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 3:23 am

I can remember a couple things probably pre 91, but for the most part my real memory begins in 1991, I definitely remember a number of things that occurred in 91.

You're an 87er right? When was your birthday?

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:25 am

You're an 87er right? When was your birthday?

May 15.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/25/06 at 3:28 am

May 15.

Happy birthday ten days too late...

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 3:29 am

Happy birthday ten days too late...

Thanks, lol.  :)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/25/06 at 1:01 pm

I think people born up to 1991 could be a "'90s child". Maybe not as much so as an '87er or '88er but a 1990er is defidently a '90s child. They would have been nearly 10 at the end of the decade. Plus you almost have to consider a '90er a '90s child since you certainly couldn't consider them and '00s child.

Written By: Roadgeek on 05/25/06 at 1:30 pm

I'm a later '89er and I feel like a '90s child. Would most '89ers qualify as '90s children too?

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/25/06 at 1:41 pm

I'm a later '89er and I feel like a '90s child. Would most '89ers qualify as '90s children too?

I would say so. My brother was born in 1979 and I always feel like he lived a pretty good portion of the '80s compared to me.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/25/06 at 2:56 pm

I think people born up to 1991 could be a "'90s child". Maybe not as much so as an '87er or '88er but a 1990er is defidently a '90s child. They would have been nearly 10 at the end of the decade. Plus you almost have to consider a '90er a '90s child since you certainly couldn't consider them and '00s child.

I mean, honey, Trimac, EVERYONE in my grade was into Pokemon around 1998-1999. EVERYONE. I was born in 1990...my grade is 1989-1990. I think probably we're the last people who don't relate to Spongebob as part of our childhood at all, though, and can even vaguely relate to some late '80s kid stuff.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/25/06 at 3:17 pm

I mean, honey, Trimac, EVERYONE in my grade was into Pokemon around 1998-1999. EVERYONE. I was born in 1990...my grade is 1989-1990. I think probably we're the last people who don't relate to Spongebob as part of our childhood at all, though, and can even vaguely relate to some late '80s kid stuff.

Yeah, some people in my class in 1998-1999 were into Pokemon and we were in the 6th grade at the time plus I consider pokemon to be more of a late '90s fad anyway.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/25/06 at 6:29 pm

Yeah, some people in my class in 1998-1999 were into Pokemon and we were in the 6th grade at the time plus I consider pokemon to be more of a late '90s fad anyway.

Pokemon was sort of a 1998ish thing...the backlash was already starting by 1999, and by 2000 everyone was saying "Man, that was so last year!"

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 10:09 pm

Yeah it's more of a late '90s thing probably.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/25/06 at 10:11 pm

Pokemon was past my prime. I guess I'm at an odd juxtaposition where half my childhood was spent in one decade and the other half in another decade, so I didn't experience all the '90s kids stuff like some others did.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/25/06 at 10:11 pm

In the ultimate sense, though, us 1990ers are the ultimate '90s kids.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 10:15 pm

Yes.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/25/06 at 10:16 pm

Yes.

1991 or 1992 is the last year one could claim to be a '90s kid. Anything after that, and you would be 7 in 2000, and definitely partially a '00s little kid.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 10:19 pm

1991 or 1992 is the last year one could claim to be a '90s kid. Anything after that, and you would be 7 in 2000, and definitely partially a '00s little kid.

I agree 1992 is the absolute last year that can claim any '90s childhood (though their childhood extends well into the '00s as well), they were just old enough to experience 1999, maybe 1998, just old enough to remember a bit from the late '90s.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/25/06 at 10:22 pm

I agree 1992 is the absolute last year that can claim any '90s childhood (though their childhood extends well into the '00s as well), they were just old enough to experience 1999, maybe 1998, just old enough to remember a bit from the late '90s.

A 1992er could vaguely remember 1995, which is about half of the '90s.  By 2004, they would have been 12 also, which is fairly "adult" in mindset.

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/25/06 at 10:24 pm

A 1992er could vaguely remember 1995, which is about half of the '90s.  By 2004, they would have been 12 also, which is fairly "adult" in mindset.

Yes vaguely, I'm saying their main memories from the '90s pretty much focus around 1999.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/25/06 at 10:25 pm

Yes vaguely, I'm saying their main memories from the '90s pretty much focus around 1999.

Definitely. My main memories, that is the ones that are yesterday are from the last quarter of the '90s. 1993-1996 is very sketchy, although with some clear memories.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 4:20 am

Yeah, they're a 90s child but still not a 'definite'. I mean their childhood wasn't as classically 90s as say, yours, or Brian's or mine...

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 4:21 am

Yeah, an 89er is almost certainly a 90s child. Were old enough to remember the Tazo craze?

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 4:23 am

True, Pokemon appealed to a surprisingly large demographic...anyone from about 5 to 15 (or older). Tazos/Pogs and Basketball cards would have been a better measure of whether your childhood was peak 90s or late 90s. I know few people born past 1988-89 who were really into basketball cards as a kid.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/26/06 at 8:54 am

link=topic=19527.msg916182#msg916182 date=1148635382]
True, Pokemon appealed to a surprisingly large demographic...anyone from about 5 to 15 (or older). Tazos/Pogs and Basketball cards would have been a better measure of whether your childhood was peak 90s or late 90s. I know few people born past 1988-89 who were really into basketball cards as a kid.

I think it's more 1990, alot of kids in my class were into the basketball cards. Maybe not aggressively, but they were into them. And I do remember Pogs, I owned them but I never traded them...I just liked them aesthetically.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 8:59 am

I think it's more 1990, alot of kids in my class were into the basketball cards. Maybe not aggressively, but they were into them. And I do remember Pogs, I owned them but I never traded them...I just liked them aesthetically.

The Pog fad was very short-lived; I think they appeared late in 1994, and had disappeared by early 1996 to be replaced by various other fads, including the yo-yo fad.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/26/06 at 9:07 am

The Pog fad was very short-lived; I think they appeared late in 1994, and had disappeared by early 1996 to be replaced by various other fads, including the yo-yo fad.

I was part of the yo-yo fad more than the pog fad.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 9:11 am

I was part of the yo-yo fad more than the pog fad.

Yeah? What tricks can you do? Do you still take out the old yo-yo and have a spin of it?

We had a yo-yo competition in class at the end of '96 - I still remember it so fondly.  :)

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/26/06 at 9:17 am

Yeah? What tricks can you do? Do you still take out the old yo-yo and have a spin of it?

We had a yo-yo competition in class at the end of '96 - I still remember it so fondly.  :)

I was never that great at it...though my mom caught on more and was.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 9:20 am

I was never that great at it...though my mom caught on more and was.

What other fads/trends do you remember from the period 1996-1998?

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/26/06 at 9:22 am

What other fads/trends do you remember from the period 1996-1998?

Tamagotchis, the Spice Girls, Hanson, superhero cards/basketball cards (more at their nadir), beginnings of Pokemon, key chains, alien and smiley face stuff.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 9:25 am

Tamagotchis, the Spice Girls, Hanson, superhero cards/basketball cards (more at their nadir), beginnings of Pokemon, key chains, alien and smiley face stuff.

Oh yeah, I remember all those as well, lol. I still have alot of my old stuff from that period, gotta go scrummaging around and dig em out.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/26/06 at 10:31 am

Oh yeah, I remember all those as well, lol. I still have alot of my old stuff from that period, gotta go scrummaging around and dig em out.

Aliens are very '90s, aren't they?

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 10:32 am

Aliens are very '90s, aren't they?

Yeah, put it down to the X-Files fad. Other popular Alien-related fads included Independence Day, Men in Black I and II, the Alien movies (which experienced a revival in the 90s), even Star Wars and Star Trek.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/26/06 at 10:33 am

Yeah, put it down to the X-Files fad. Other popular Alien-related fads included Independence Day, Men in Black I and II, the Alien movies (which experienced a revival in the 90s), even Star Wars and Star Trek.

The supernatural in general seemed more popular in the '90s. In the '00s it's all about conspiracy.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 10:36 am

The supernatural in general seemed more popular in the '90s. In the '00s it's all about conspiracy.

Yeah, I remember religiously watching Unsolved Mysteries (an interesting blend of true crime and the paranormal) every week when I was very young, and avidly devoured anything I could get my hands on about ghosts, spirits, aliens, cryptozoology - an interest which still sort of continues today. I actually remember many kids were into that stuff when I was back at school. Now Terrorism and Conspiracy theories seemed to have taken their place, and fewer people take the idea of extra-terrestrial life seriously.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/26/06 at 10:37 am

Yeah, I remember religiously watching Unsolved Mysteries (an interesting blend of true crime and the paranormal) every week when I was very young, and avidly devoured anything I could get my hands on about ghosts, spirits, aliens, cryptozoology - an interest which still sort of continues today. I actually remember many kids were into that stuff when I was back at school. Now Terrorism and Conspiracy theories seemed to have taken their place, and fewer people take the idea of extra-terrestrial life seriously.

Which is really a shame. I'm definitely still into the "supernatural".

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 10:44 am

Which is really a shame. I'm definitely still into the "supernatural".

Do you believe in Ghosts, Aliens, the 'Spirit' World?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/26/06 at 10:45 am

Do you believe in Ghosts, Aliens, the 'Spirit' World?

Aliens, yes. Ghosts probably. The Spirit World - depends on how you define it.  Personally I think a "spirit" is a physical energy, not a "woo-woo" thing, but I think there are tons of parallel universes that are close to what we'd call a "spirit world".

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 10:49 am

Aliens, yes. Ghosts probably. The Spirit World - depends on how you define it.  Personally I think a "spirit" is a physical energy, not a "woo-woo" thing, but I think there are tons of parallel universes that are close to what we'd call a "spirit world".

Yeah, I think there is a possibility there is another kind of existence apart from the physical world. Not too sure about Aliens though, I know if they existed they would be a far cry from what we humans imagined them. Probably some form of organism we never even imagined - or maybe just boring old bacteria spores. Whatever they are (or whether they exist), it's unlikely I'll ever have the chance to see them in my lifetime.  :(

Written By: Donnie Darko on 05/26/06 at 10:50 am

Yeah, I think there is a possibility there is another kind of existence apart from the physical world. Not too sure about Aliens though, I know if they existed they would be a far cry from what we humans imagined them. Probably some form of organism we never even imagined - or maybe just boring old bacteria spores. Whatever they are (or whether they exist), it's unlikely I'll ever have the chance to see them in my lifetime.  :(

I've actually had some ET experiences ... if you're interested PM me.

Written By: 1993 on 05/26/06 at 11:42 am

Don't forget Ska! Mighty mighty bosstones, No Doubt, and others.

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/26/06 at 1:11 pm

Yeah, aliens, angels, and extraterrestrial-related conspiracy theories are quite '90s. It's not just The X-Files, though that might have originated it. It was a whole societal fascination with it that peaked around 1997, I feel like. Terrorism took its place.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/26/06 at 1:52 pm

I remember the whole basketball card things. Actually I was into football and baseball as well. I've got like 3 or 4 shoeboxes woth of cards. I wasn't aware it was more of a '90s thing though. But I guess it makes sense since alot of kids had 'em back then.

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/26/06 at 9:45 pm

I remember the whole basketball card things. Actually I was into football and baseball as well. I've got like 3 or 4 shoeboxes woth of cards. I wasn't aware it was more of a '90s thing though. But I guess it makes sense since alot of kids had 'em back then.

When was the last time you saw a pack of BB cards for sale? Well, I guess it may be different over in the US, but over here I haven't seen once since like 1997!

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/27/06 at 2:39 am

Yeah it didn't last long, I got my pogs for my birthday in 1995, and by next year I no longer cared about them.

Written By: Jamee on 05/30/06 at 10:56 pm

to the whole internet and stuff did not come out till we were in highschool yeah thats not a 90s kid thats like a 70s-80s kid we did stuff on the internet in middle school and im totaly a 90s kid i was born in 1985 and grew up mostly in the 90s and I chatted online when I was like 12 actuly I chatted when I was like 10 but it was ghetto and I was with my big brother so the internet one is a bad one! Other wise its awesome and I laughed really hard when I read it! thanks!

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/31/06 at 5:14 am

Yeah it didn't last long, I got my pogs for my birthday in 1995, and by next year I no longer cared about them.

It's amazing how fads spread so fast internationally - I used to think the Yo-yo fad was mainly Australian, but I guess it was sort of a worldwide thing.

Check for new replies or respond here...