inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another piece of the 90's die tonight

Written By: 1993 on 05/18/06 at 6:44 pm

With the series finale's of Will and Grace and That 70's Show. Both sitcoms premiered in the late 90's (1998 I think)

I got into either sitcom, could care less about them really. Not to say they were bad shows...they could've been great shows that I just missed out on, I just never made time for them.

Will and Grace appeared just as Seinfeld was leaving and seemed to really capitalize on society finally coming to terms with homosexuality. I'm not gay so I can't speak for those who are...I mean I'm sure many hurdles still remain, but in order for a show like Will and Grace to be successful, I think alot of the fear associated with homosexuality has been lifted.

That 70's show pretty much capitalized on the 90's nostalgia for the 70's, but the show still continued to do well even as that nostalgia died....or so I assume. I really have no idea how either have done in the ratings recently. But I don't get a Drew Carey vibe from either shows (who went off the air 5 years too late)

so what's everybody's opinion on these series?

Subject: Re: Another piece of the 90's die tonight

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/18/06 at 8:59 pm

That show was a Riot!

Jack's campy humour, Karen's delightful wickedness  ;), Will the nuerotic, and of course hapless Grace who was surrounded by them. What can I say, it was good while it lasted.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/18/06 at 10:00 pm

I watched both series finalies, it will feel odd knowing that they are no longer on air.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/18/06 at 10:07 pm

Looking at www.thefutoncritic.com suggests that quite a few late 90s/early 00s shows are leaving the air for good. It's kinda sad that the 70s Show is to finish, although I feel it's past its time. Also Joey (spin-off to Friends) is to end according to the futon critic, which means the "Friends" franchise (for lack of a better word) is finally over.  :-\\

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/18/06 at 10:09 pm

Thank God "That 70's Show" is off the air now.  That Ashton Kutcher doesn't deserve work

I sure hope "Punk'd" has already been canceled.  But how would I know, MTV has turned into a Dump for Reality TV ever since the '00s began

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/18/06 at 10:11 pm

Thank God "That 70's Show" is off the air now.  That Ashton Kutcher doesn't deserve work

I sure hope "Punk'd" has already been canceled.  But how would I know, MTV has turned into a Dump for Reality TV ever since the '00s began
Ashton Kutcher was the only one I never liked on That 70s Show. And Punk'd is just bad.  ::)

Written By: Trimac20 on 05/18/06 at 10:12 pm

That show just blows, man!

Have they made a 'That 80s' or 'That 90s' show yet?

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/18/06 at 10:14 pm

Didn't they try a that '80s show once? I think I remember something like that.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/18/06 at 10:18 pm

They actually had a "That '80s Show" back around 2001 or something, but was Canceled after like 2 or 3 months

Written By: bbigd04 on 05/18/06 at 10:19 pm

They actually had a "That '80s Show" back around 2001 or something, but was Canceled after like 2 or 3 months

yeah that's the one I remembered. I remember the promos on fox for it.

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/18/06 at 10:25 pm

yeah that's the one I remembered. I remember the promos on fox for it.

Yeah, I just looked up the info for it on IMDb.com

It premiered in January 2002 and lasted until May 2002 (Only 4 months)

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/18/06 at 10:34 pm

Speaking of another piece of the '90s dying tonight, In 30 Minutes, I officially turn 20.  My entire childhood will now be behind me and i'm entering out of the Teens

Please, don't wish me a Happy B-Day, because I don't think it will be  :-\\

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/18/06 at 11:11 pm

I liked watching That 70's Show to just see Topher Grace. No one else mattered.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...