inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Most Overrated Movie(s) of the 90's

Written By: 5.19.86 on 05/18/06 at 11:02 pm

- The Usual Suspects (1995)
This movie wasn't nearly as good as people claimed it to be.  Sure I knew the "Twist" before I even saw the movie, but that would not have effected my view on it either way.  It just wasn't as entertaining as I thought it would be, plus I hate the kind of "Twist" it had.  It basically turns into a "Guessing Game" the entire movie and the Twist doesn't really shock you at the end considering there weren't many suspects anyway to choose from, you knew it would be one of them

- The Big Lebowski (1998)
The movie was funny in certain places (Thanks mainly to John Goodman) but the Plot was all over the place.  The end of the movie had nothing to do with the rest of it and I felt like the main plot of the movie just wasn't even relevant.  It was basically just a "Random" comedy.  Everyone talks about how this is one of the Greatest Movies ever? No Way.

Subject: Re: Most Overrated Movie(s) of the 90's

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/18/06 at 11:05 pm

I agree about The Usual Suspects.

Subject: Re: Most Overrated Movie(s) of the 90's

Written By: Kryllith on 05/19/06 at 1:53 pm

I agree on both of them. Found The Usual Suspects to be too predictable, and if I want to watch a movie with a strung out Jeff Bridges, I'd much rather watch The Fisher King rather than The Big Lebowski.

Check for new replies or respond here...