inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Clueless

Written By: velvetoneo on 05/23/06 at 7:06 pm

How do you think this movie represents teen culture of the '90s, maybe along with Saved by the Bell, FPBA, and Beverly Hills 90210? The styles are definitely uber-'90s, the up but straight hairdos, hairbands, velvet, plaid all-over, sleeveless sweaters with muted patterns, long and curly dos, animal prints, spaghetti straps, bodysuits, etc. It's sort of how I remember my babysitters dressing. This is probably what The Breakfast Club is to the '80s for the '90s.

Subject: Re: Clueless

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/23/06 at 8:42 pm

How do you think this movie represents teen culture of the '90s, maybe along with Saved by the Bell, FPBA, and Beverly Hills 90210? The styles are definitely uber-'90s, the up but straight hairdos, hairbands, velvet, plaid all-over, sleeveless sweaters with muted patterns, long and curly dos, animal prints, spaghetti straps, bodysuits, etc. It's sort of how I remember my babysitters dressing. This is probably what The Breakfast Club is to the '80s for the '90s.

I don't know, but IMO...I miss those kinds of fads. I would much rather see people wearing that kind of stuff versus the crap that is out today for kids/teens to wear. It's like back then there was still a form of modesty, and almost an aura of innocence still intact among kids/teens.  They are so different nowadays....however, it is refreshing to come on here and find teens really interested in things of the past, and not totally living for "today's trends". ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...